Europa League / Conference League 23/24

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
It's been pointed out recently that he doesn't seem to perform well in these big title run in's but to me, he has slowed down a bit.

This is the second time he's come back from AFCON and looked off it.
100 mill to Saudi this summer is on

croadyman

Fair play to Leverkusen they never allowed West Ham to get level on aggregate. That could have really made things interesting with the crowd behind them. I was impressed by the proactive changes Alonso made in the game too.

Have this feeling that Leverkusen will end up in the same Champions League group as Villa/Spurs. Wonder if West Ham could have beaten Roma had they found a way to prevail tonight.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's been pointed out recently that he doesn't seem to perform well in these big title run in's but to me, he has slowed down a bit.

This is the second time he's come back from AFCON and looked off it.
Break in the PED cycle

Oranges038

Just watched the Villa highlights this morning.

What was up with the referee practically standing beside the penalty spot?

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
Fair play to Leverkusen they never allowed West Ham to get level on aggregate. That could have really made things interesting with the crowd behind them. I was impressed by the proactive changes Alonso made in the game too.

Have this feeling that Leverkusen will end up in the same Champions League group as Villa/Spurs. Wonder if West Ham could have beaten Roma had they found a way to prevail tonight.
They struggled with Antonio in both games. Roma have Lukaku so it's reasonably fair to assume something similar could happen.

West Ham were ultimately undone in both games by a lack of strength on the bench, with injuries and suspensions. All three Leverkusen goals came after 83 minutes. If Roma have more depth they may well prevail.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Wow, that was pretty terrible but this season we can't even lose such a game. West Ham was much better than in the first match, though, credits to them. Don't get why they were playing so negatively in their away game. Antonio is a tank.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

True, although considering how poor they were in the first half, I feel it made it easier for him to be proactive. They really could've been down by more by halftime.

Oranges038

In case a Lille player went over to punch Martinez.
Perhaps.

But if you watch Douglas Luiz penalty, he actually moves in towards him as he's taking the kick. I've never seen a ref be that close or move inwards while a player was taking the kick. Something very off about it.