Europa League / Conference League 23/24

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
Referee has done a job for Leverkusen tonight when they were struggling.

United Hobbit

Thank feck they didn't magic up another "magical European night" after their penalty I really thought they'd do it

They suddenly look tired

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Great defending from Gasperini and his Atalanta

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Angel Gomes makes so much sense as a cheap signing. I'd have never let him go. He would offer us competition for Mainoo, while providing a similar skill set so there wouldn't be a complete drop off tactically or stylistically should he be unavailable. Never seems to be linked with us or anyone else for that matter.
We didn't let him go. He refused to sign a new contract as he didn't see a pathway to the first team. And looking at the profile of a "Mourinho midfielder" I can't blame him.

RoyH1

Would have been hilarious for Alonso’s magical Leverkusen run to be thwarted by Moyesy of all people.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
At some stage these tactical fouls preventing a counter will be deemed red cards I suspect.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Will be interesting... last week I would have said it's a hugely important match for Dortmund while it doesn't matter for Leverkusen. But now it looks like the BL gets the 5th CL spot so Dortmund is quite save in 5th (14 points lead over 6th with five matches to go). So both teams might care more for the CL/EL now instead of the league not just Leverkusen.
5th place making CL is very, very likely, but it would be foolish to just blow off fourth place. Especially since there's 1.5 weeks between Leverkusen and PSG. I also think Dortmund have to take this seriously for their confidence, they haven't built the kind of momentum where you can just shrug off a defeat, because you know you're better than that.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
There were one or two scenes while I watched (didn't have time for the whole match) where he should have given a free kick to West Ham. Besides that he simply was an insecure prick who didn't really control the match.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Di Maria plays for Benfica now? Totally missed that. And he misses the first penalty of the shootout!

Cal?

CR7 fan
I just switched over to watch the penalties, excellent timing with Di Maria missing. :lol:

Raven

The referee may as well have pulled on a Leverkusen jersey. He allowed the west ham frontline to be fouled time after time which they responded to well for a while but grew frustrated and argumentative towards the last 20 or 25 minutes, I honestly don't know how they kept their cool so long. There was more but that was what decided the game for the most part I think.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Europa League:

Marseille v Atalanta
Roma v Bayer Leverkusen

Europa Conference:

Aston Villa v Olympiakos
Fiorentina v Club Brugge

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Olympiacos win on penalties. Fenerbache keeper made a great save to keep them in the shootout only for Bonucci to miss straight after.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
And this should never have been allowed to happen. Such a talented player.
It was inevitable once Maureen was appointed, he isn't a manager known for promoting youth players, it's why I and a lot of other folks never wanted him near the club

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Besides that he simply was an insecure prick who didn't really control the match.
Spanish ref. Duh.
The referee may as well have pulled on a Leverkusen jersey. He allowed the west ham frontline to be fouled time after time which they responded to well for a while but grew frustrated and argumentative towards the last 20 or 25 minutes, I honestly don't know how they kept their cool so long. There was more but that was what decided the game for the most part I think.
Gotchya

PoTMS

Fiorentina about to lose the Moyes Invitational Final to an English claret and blue team again.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I really start to believe that Leverkusen has a chance of achieving an unbeaten "small" treble season. This would still be an amazing achievement.
They only won two major trophies in their history before this season.

Gandalf

We didn't let him go. He refused to sign a new contract as he didn't see a pathway to the first team. And looking at the profile of a "Mourinho midfielder" I can't blame him.
Bit of a weird take when he left the club 18 months after Jose was fired, technically this was on Ole although to be fair I am not sure what more could have been done. To be fair he is a decent player, and certainly better than the likes of Amrabat, but Mainoo is already better and Gomes would have been no more than a squad player for us even if he had stuck around. He was given games in his final season here but he never seemed to be even close to signing a new contract and his comments at the time seemed to suggest he felt he should have been guaranteed a starting role before he would even consider staying.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I swear I could bet on Liverpool over 0.5 shots in 90mins and they'd have zero. Every time I put any sort of bet on these cnuts they do the opposite.

Literally just betting on them +3.5 handicap all next season the pricks.

BorisManUtd

I've enjoyed these 2 nights of European football and the results.

Well done to Villa fans on here. I respect Villa as big club but have to say they have some unlikable characters like Martinez, Emery and few others so didn't cheer for them. Do feel they'll now go on and win the competition against Fiorentina like West Ham did last season. That coupled with top 4 finish would be brilliant season for them.

Liverpool scored early so it looked like they'd surely score few more but weren't great after that. Weird that Klopp's last European game was Atalanta away after all the season where they either played in CL finals or got knocked out at some point by Real or Atletico Madrid. But he started with Europa League and ends that way I guess.

Also interesting to see Benfica's European curse continues. Must suck for their fans.

thisisnottaken1

Why do you feckers want Leverkusen to lose? This is a once in a lifetime achievement. Hope they remain unbeaten all season.
This raises a very important question - has any team had a season in which they remained unbeaten in all competitions?