Europa League Draw, Round of 32 - we got Real Sociedad

Hughie77

There should be an option for UCL group exiters to opt in or opt out of the Europa League. Personally feel that Europa League fixtures are too inconvenient and I'd rather we focus on getting top 4 in the league.
Agree that league position is paramount. But Ole will go for every competition like he did last season. I hope he goes with a few new boys in Europa . And go for a strong league finish .

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Agree that league position is paramount. But Ole will go for every competition like he did last season. I hope he goes with a few new boys in Europa . And go for a strong league finish .
Pellistri and Amad should figure

Gordon S

Good chance for players like Tuanzebe, TFM, Williams to get 90 minutes. Players like Galbraith, Pellistri, Elanga and Mejbri might get a few minutes as well. Really hope we do well so the younger players gets lots of chances but we should focus on the league 100%

SER19

Even though I'm not fussed and would sooner we use no europe to our advantage, I suspect many demanding we 'play the kids' will be the ones calling for the managers head when we get knocked out.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/draws/2021/2001241/

The teams we can get:

Antwerp (BEL)
Benfica (POR)
Braga (POR)
Crvena zvezda (SRB)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
Granada (ESP)
Krasnodar (RUS)
LOSC Lille (FRA)
Maccabi Tel-Aviv (ISR)
Molde (NOR)
Olympiacos (GRE)
Real Sociedad (ESP)
Salzburg (AUT)
Slavia Praha (CZE)
Wolfsberg (AUT)
Young Boys (SUI)

I hope we get Benfica and they knock us out.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Give us Molde - be an interesting story line for Ole.

As long as we avoid Sociedad, Salzburg, Lille, Krasnodar, Maccabi Tel-Aviv and Kiev - I'll be content. First three due to being tougher ties than what we need at present, and the latter three due to the travel.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Molde would be cool but a plastic pitch in the middle of the winter isn’t ideal.

romufc

I'd prefer us to have a good campaign in Premier League.
How many of our first team players will play in the EL anyway?

Don't you think it will be the right sort of games to see Tuanzebe, Mengi, Diallo, Pellestri, Henderson?

AWB, Bruno, Rashford, Martial, Fred are the players that should not be picked for the EL games.

Giggs' right foot

If we get either Sociedad or even Granada we're surely out. We have the worst history with spanish clubs. 13 wins in 57.

Giggsyking

Even though I'm not fussed and would sooner we use no europe to our advantage, I suspect many demanding we 'play the kids' will be the ones calling for the managers head when we get knocked out.
Nobody will call for his stupid head if he plays the kids. He is the reason we are in this stupid competition in the first fecking place.

romufc

We’re not going to win it & it’s a distraction from the title challenge. I don’t mind us playing the youth team in this shit cup.
Firstly, we should go and try to win it, a trophy is a trophy.

Secondly, given our inconsistent form, who knows what the league position will be in Feb.

Obviously if we are within 6 points of the top, we play our B team. So many of our players need game time.

Bailly, Tuanzebe, Mengi, Williams, Lingard, Henderson and you add Diallo and Pellestri, it will give us a good indication of how good some of these players are if they play week in week our in a European competition

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I’m on board with playing kids and players who need minutes, what’s the point in knackering ourselves unless we somehow find ourselves in the semis.

Could be an advantage if we rest our key 11, and we play once a week, especially if we can keep up the pace and find ourselves near first.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I’m on board with playing kids and players who need minutes, what’s the point in knackering ourselves unless we somehow find ourselves in the semis.

Could be an advantage if we rest our key 11, and we play once a week, especially if we can keep up the pace and find ourselves near first.
Minutes for Hendo, Mengi, Tuanzebe, VDB, Martial, Pellestri and Diallo I'd quite enjoy.

Mata would prob play and gives some time to Williams etc. That's how I'd like to see it

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
We’re not going to win it & it’s a distraction from the title challenge. I don’t mind us playing the youth team in this shit cup.
People often forget that we never play a team full of youth players, also some of the first team players have to travel anyway.

Europa League is a huge distraction and for a club like United.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Our Europa League side could be a very exciting one if Pellestri and Diallo are knocking on the first team's door by February time. Hopefully we get a couple of U23s on the bench too. The hub of the team should be the fringe players thought who need more minutes like Tuanzebe.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Minutes for Hendo, Mengi, Tuanzebe, VDB, Martial, Pellestri and Diallo I'd quite enjoy.

Mata would prob play and gives some time to Williams etc. That's how I'd like to see it
Yep agree, maybe give Martial a miss and Pogba might be gone then so VDB might be first 11

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Hoping to avoid Real Sociedad, Olympiacos, Dynamo Kyiv and Maccabi Tel-Aviv.