Europa League Round of 16 Draw | LASK - United

The ones in bold are the only ones I'd be extremely confident about.

Basel (SUI)
Copenhagen (DEN)

Getafe (ESP)
Internazionale Milano (ITA)
İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR)
LASK (AUT)
Leverkusen (GER)

Rangers (SCO)
Roma (ITA)
Sevilla (ESP)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
Wolfsburg (GER)
Wolves (ENG)
Arsenal- :lol: (ENG)
Eintracht Frankfurt (GER) / Salzburg (AUT)

Not Shakhtar please....shit journey

You know I turned off the TV just after arsenal's goal thinking that it was over. I didn't understand your reply then went on to see the score and realize that they conceded a goal at the last minute and got knocked out haha. Arsenal's gonna Arsenal.

One less then. Let's get Inter.

:D

Not that surprised with Arsenal result: Olympiakos has a very good manager who knows how to assemble a team, and he's doing a good job on rebuilding Olympiakos after their owner got into debts and had to divest. Their team is basically made out of outcasts from tier 2 top clubs.

The ones in bold are the only ones I'd be extremely confident about.

Basel (SUI)
Copenhagen (DEN)

Getafe (ESP)
Internazionale Milano (ITA)
İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR)
LASK (AUT)
Leverkusen (GER)

Rangers (SCO)
Roma (ITA)
Sevilla (ESP)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
Wolfsburg (GER)
Wolves (ENG)
Arsenal (ENG)
Eintracht Frankfurt (GER) / Salzburg (AUT)

Leverkusen would be tough. They've won their last six in all comps and have wins against Bayern, Dortmund and Atletico in the CL this season.

Anybody but Inter, Shakthar, and ideally not Wolves (just because boring)

Think Wolfsburg would be the ideal draw, then one of Basel/Copenhagen/LASK/Rangers.

Roma/Sevilla/Shakthar/Leverkusen/Wolves are probably the hardest after Inter.

Getafe were impressive to beat Ajax across 2 legs, didn't see much of their games.

Leverkusen would be tough. They've won their last six in all comps and have wins against Bayern, Dortmund and Atletico in the CL this season.
Not to mention they're only 6 points behind Bayern in the Bundesliga.

With us currently fighting desperately for the 4th spot, I would like an easy opponent. Let's leave the likes of Inter and Sevilla for later stages

Echoing my thoughts, I'm hoping for a 'kinder' draw for us, Copenhagen would be ideal, and let Wolves, Inter, Seville Getafe, Leverkusen & Roma knock each other out, then we can see whats what in the last 8....

It’s a lot more difficult this time by the looks of it. Some very good teams there.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Ole dump Stevie the starfish out of Europe

No Inter or Sevilla yet please. I'd rather void Wolves too to be honest

Copenhagen would be ideal, as their stadium is a few hundred meters from my apartment. Would be a great opportunity to see United play - and they are one of the easier teams in the draw :p

Anybody but Wolves. I honestly think we would smash Inter as well

I’d probably pick Copenhagen or even Rangers out of that list. Best mix of beatable and limited travelling.

It would be nice with some revenge on Sevilla, but do fear them again.
Hopefully we can avoid Inter. Would hate for Sanchez, Young and Lukaku to knock us out.
Wolves boring too.

The rest would be fun I think.

Amazing that i saw no Portugese teams left in the draw. What happened? I saw Sporting got beat in extra time by a penalty, thought they were safely through after the first leg

Rangers please please please. Would love us to rub Gerrard's nose in the dust. He's blown the league, now let's blow him out of Europe!
I'm a Rangers fan and I hope we draw Utd. Would be a great tie.

Could smalling play against us?

I desperately want Inter.

Those feckers, mainly Lukaku, are very much living rent free in my head.

Has to be Inter. Let's have 'em

As someone said earlier it's better to face them now. If we win we progress having knockout the most dangerous team. It wouldn't be good to face them in the run inn whilst we still have top 4 hopes. If not now I would rather face them in the final.

Would like to avoid inter, wolves, getafe and Leverkusen. Fine with the rest. Leave those 4 til the latter stages (unless they get knocked out earlier).

I desperately want Inter.

Those feckers, mainly Lukaku, are very much living rent free in my head.

Possibly playing them in an empty San Siro would be weird as well, hardly an advantage for them.

Wonder if they'd move the match to a venue where fans could attend.

Nobody seems to have mentioned we play Sheff United 3:00 Saturday after a Thursday tie - possibly away to the far end of Europe?

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/europa-league/

FiveThirtyEight have us as the best side in the competition and so pre-draw favourites. Rangers, Başakşehir and Copenhagen are all about the level of Villa, Norwich and Newcastle so are the obvious weaker sides in the draw. Rangers will be right up for it though, so that could be a leveller.

The 538 numbers are not very useful. See here: https://www.pinnacle.com/en/betting...arison-of-predictive-success/VW22X2A2GJEY6YLV

You're better off looking at the betting markets (United joint favourites with Inter).

Inter too soon now,will take them later. Maybe we would have pogba and even rashford back for that. Avoid wolves, inter and sevilla for now. I would even avoid going to Ukraine or Turkey. Short nice trip would be fine.