Europa League Round of 16 Draw | United vs Milan

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
What's sad about this game is that we are both former giants, now playing each other in the Europa League instead of those mighty clashes in Champions League the whole world would sit down to watch. Both teams a shadow of our former past.

Last edited:

SATA

Some hilarious takes here.
"Old men", "no pace".

From the looks of things, Zlatan, Calhanoglu and Bennacer will most probably miss this game. Which means this could be Milan's starting lineup

Leao
Rebic - Diaz - Saelemaekers
Kessie - Tonali
Hernandez - Tomori - Kjaer - Calabria
Donnarumma
Perhaps even Kalulu for Calabria.

Those players might lack a few things, but it's not youth or pace. In fact this is one of the youngest, fastest teams in Europe.
Rebic, Leao, Hernandez, Tomori and Kalulu are all ridiculously fast. Kessie and Tonali are very fast for midfielders. Diaz and Saelemaekers are quick on the first few meters.
Kjaer is the only slow one.
To be fair, that team you put out there on paper looks a poorer side compared to Real Sociedad. Heard good things about Tonali and your goalkeeper, and i have seen Rebic play and he can be a handful. Anything could happen in two legs but i expect United to comfortably go through

USREDEVIL

What's sad about this game is that we are both former giants, now playing each other in the Europa League instead of those mighty clashes in Champions League the whole world would sit down to watch.
Hasbeen tournament eh? Reminds me of that movie where Sylvester Stallone fought Robert DeNiro.

copen1945

Neither of us belong in the Europa. Milan have won 7 Champions League titles, legend players like Inzaghi Pirlo Ronaldinho Kaka etc. And we obviously dont belong there either.
This is why the super league proposal must be implemented. The big teams grew the game and deserve better.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
To be fair, that team you put out there on paper looks a poorer side compared to Real Sociedad. Heard good things about Tonali and your goalkeeper, and i have seen Rebic play and he can be a handful. Anything could happen in two legs but i expect United to comfortably go through
Tonali is the worst player in that 11.
He's a young, promising player, but far from ready.
That's the thing about this Milan. The best players aren't the biggest most hyped names. If you made a best 11 out of Milan and Sociedad players then I think only Oyarzabal would make it from Sociedad.

I see United as heavy favorites too. Milan is just too ravaged by injuries at the moment.
Calhanoglu is our Bruno, but he has looked awful since his return from COVID a few weeks ago and now he's out injured and will probably miss at least one of the games.
Bennacer is our playmaker in the deeper midfield, but he's having recurring injuries since December.

Then there's Diaz, Zlatan, Mandzukic, Rebic, Gabbia and even Tonali having constant fitness issues.