Europa League Round of 16 Draw | United vs Milan

PeteManic

Looking forward to seeing Ibra bossing Lindelof and Maguire. Pure embarrassment.

gorky_utd

Very happy with the draw. Do not want to see some fc nobody in a European fixture.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Tough draw again. If Ole does win something in the form of a cup he’ll have certainly earnt it the hard way. Which means more really. If you look at City’s FA cup wins, they’re completely boring and forgettable. And to be honest, I’d rather look forward to a big game like this than have to endure some other boring draw. Win or lose, should be good.

USREDEVIL

I think we should be alright against Milan. Besides, nice to win this tournament but if not it's not the end of the world. Might as well have these players, especially the younger ones like Greenwood and Amad get some proper footballing experience against better Euro teams.

RedDevilRoshi

Looking forward to seeing Ibra bossing Lindelof and Maguire. Pure embarrassment.
Ridiculous. Go and support someone else then mate.

Never understand comments like these. It’s like our own fans are desperate for us to lose just to prove they are “Mr Know it all”.

432JuanMata

If people feel Ole is taking us in the right direction then Leipzig wasn’t a hard draw in the CL group and this isn’t a bad draw. This Milan team aren’t the best even when they were top of the league I still thought they weren’t that impressive.
I see us going through handy enough

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Well, you've certainly triggered the top reds on here :lol: :lol: :lol: .

How are some people so oblivious to sarcasm and still survive daily life is quite a wonder if nature.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Got an AC Milan mate who watches us here and there and he says we're gonna nuke them.

UmbroDays

What a weird thing for a United fan to look forward to.

AC is an amazing draw. Couldn't happier with this.
Same. My buddy is an AC fan, not sure when the game is held but will see if we can watch it together, but I think we’ll be in lock down.

I don’t see anything in Milan’s locker that will hurt us. Ibra is a wasteman and his style will suit McG’s physical presence but we just can’t leave him isolated with Lindeloff.

Our pacy left attack should stab at them repeatedly. I have no idea who will play in the right but I’m tempted to keep James in as he’s been in form.

McFred in the middle of the park and Bruno and Martial to finish it of though the middle. Can’t wait!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Happier with us playing somebody interesting tbh. AC Milan are full of old men so it shouldn't be too hard.

Hoping to us play our U-8s team and Henderson of course.
They aren't old team. Apart from Zlatan their team is young enough, next oldest player is Kjaer.

rollingstoned1

Contrary to most people's belief this is infact a good tie for us and will allow us to use our strengths to the fullest. Milan are not one of those cynical teams from the continent who are always a big irritant for us nor are they the quintessential street-wise Serie a team of yore who can frustrate us. I feel they need an Ibra masterclass to go through which is quite eminently possible.

Deery

Dreary
Good draw for us think we’ll win easy enough and it’s a glamour tie so worth watching, looking forward to it.

SwedishFish

Honestly, rather get teams like AC Milan than playing Molde etc even though it might be an "easier fixture"

I'd much rather have competitive games that bring some type of excitement and since we went out of the CL, this is as close as you could get.

AC Milan has hit a bit of a slump too so it's not an impossible fixture by any means.

autte

Supports
Poggibonsi
They aren't old team. Apart from Zlatan their team is young enough, next oldest player is Kjaer.
yeah, it's actually the youngest team in Serie A and 4th youngest team in Europe's top 5 leagues by average age

Acole9

Outstanding
Apparently Dalot can play against us. Could get a bit messy if he were to score.

SATA

Three weeks? Looks like he'll miss both legs. He won't be fit for the second leg, will he? Don't mind facing him though

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We’ll probably get some cringy tweet from him ... Zlatan doesn’t miss games, the games miss him or something like that

Red & White

Certainly gives us a better chance of progressing if Ibrahimovic misses one or both legs. I’ve seen Barnes is out for Leicester amongst other injured players for them so there‘s a good chance here for us to make it through in both cup competitions. Obviously, I don’t think we’re reliant on opposition injuries in these two ties but it would give us a better chance.

SwedishFish

Honestly, I think it makes the tie a bit more dull.

Of course, I want United to win, but it's more fun if they have the opposition have their best players available.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
Some hilarious takes here.
"Old men", "no pace".

From the looks of things, Zlatan, Calhanoglu and Bennacer will most probably miss this game. Which means this could be Milan's starting lineup

Leao
Rebic - Diaz - Saelemaekers
Kessie - Tonali
Hernandez - Tomori - Kjaer - Calabria
Donnarumma
Perhaps even Kalulu for Calabria.

Those players might lack a few things, but it's not youth or pace. In fact this is one of the youngest, fastest teams in Europe.
Rebic, Leao, Hernandez, Tomori and Kalulu are all ridiculously fast. Kessie and Tonali are very fast for midfielders. Diaz and Saelemaekers are quick on the first few meters.
Kjaer is the only slow one.