European Cup Final 2011 tickets

IanDangerously

Can someone who's already got their tickets put a pic up of the back of the ticket so that those of us who might just make an impulse buy from the touts in London can know we arent being sold copies? Thanks.

Robin

I will also be there with £80 tickets been offered £2000 for the pair, but not for sale, some desperate people looking for tickets !

Eriku

I saw one for the low low price of 1200 today on Viagogo, and with my paycheck arriving tomorrow I asked them to hold it for me, and to my surprise they agreed to do it.

I'm done banging my head against the wall trying to find some legitimate seller of tickets for less than 1000 quid, so I'm going through with it.

Financial rape, but I never lost any sleep over the money (250) I spent on the tickets against Pool when we got trounced in 09, and I trust the money won't mean much knowing I've been there to support the lads :)

Eriku

Tixnet have some private seller advertising 50 - that is FIVE O - 50 tickets at 200 quid each. Whats the catch?
That he's probably not going to send you the tickets you order? Or if he does they're fake?

Go ahead and order and be the guinea pig, but I wouldn't risk 200 on a private seller.

Rory 7

That he's probably not going to send you the tickets you order? Or if he does they're fake?

Go ahead and order and be the guinea pig, but I wouldn't risk 200 on a private seller.
It seems dodgy doesn't it. How can these guys be allowed advertise on that site?

Eriku

It seems dodgy doesn't it. How can these guys be allowed advertise on that site?
I've contacted a fair few people off that site. One would meet me but lived in Turkey. The rest always have some excuse ready and want me to send money on faith alone.

Oh woe that there are fools who will actually risk giving charlatans a living.

IanDangerously

That's always a worry, although I think the tickets will be hard to fake this year. From what I've seen the actual logo on the front is kinda holographic which makes it very hard to print that.

AgainstAllOdds

That's always a worry, although I think the tickets will be hard to fake this year. From what I've seen the actual logo on the front is kinda holographic which makes it very hard to print that.
The logo and everything on the paper is easy as feck. The only hard bit is the paper, it is MATTE on one side and GLOSS on the other side and in the middle it has a green paper. If you look closely it has the names of all the UCL winners from the first year as well. I'd say it's one of the most difficult tickets to be faked, Rome and Madrid was piss easy with those credit card type but this one I think will be impossible.

IanDangerously

The logo and everything on the paper is easy as feck. The only hard bit is the paper, it is MATTE on one side and GLOSS on the other side and in the middle it has a green paper. If you look closely it has the names of all the UCL winners from the first year as well. I'd say it's one of the most difficult tickets to be faked, Rome and Madrid was piss easy with those credit card type but this one I think will be impossible.
So it's basically 3 layers? The front bit, the back bit and a green paper holding the 2 together? That's kinda weird. :eek:

I kinda wonder how closely the stewards doing the checks on the way up to the stadium will even be looking at the tickets though. If you just show them the ticket as you walk through and there's too many people to actually take it and check it properly I could see people getting through with blag tickets.

Levi_Jm

Champions League as in from the new format since 92 or European Cup from the 50s?

Neo_Mufc

I personally wouldn't mind paying up to £500 but I know that is hugely unrealistic. I have been searching craigslist emailing lots of people, 90% are scams. I am desperate, most prices are minimum 1k for Cat 3's. Final year of uni, I got a nice lump which is 'spare' hence I could kind of afford it when I shouldn't but I just dunno.

Eriku

If people didn't pay the stupid prices, then people wouldn't be touting the tickets. I have never and would never buy a ticket off a tout.
Pretty sure touts were around before I came around, desperate to get into a match, pretty sure they've been there every bloody 'round this year as well, even without me lining up without a ticket on match day. They'll be there when I've sorted myself out for a season ticket as well.

Principles are great, but not as great as getting to be there on match day, busting your lungs and urging the lads on.

Quinny1999

Is £700 a good price for a ticket?
Very good but do not touch it if they talk about shipping it via a holding company, posting it UPS, paying a Western Union transfer etc.

If I was paying good money for a ticket, then it would have to be face to face. I would also want to see the booking letter from UEFA if a neutral ticket.

There are SOOOOO many scammers out there at the minute be very careful.

pony1982

Very good but do not touch it if they talk about shipping it via a holding company, posting it UPS, paying a Western Union transfer etc.

If I was paying good money for a ticket, then it would have to be face to face. I would also want to see the booking letter from UEFA if a neutral ticket.

There are SOOOOO many scammers out there at the minute be very careful.
Completely agree mate. I'm getting desperate here - willing to pay well over a grand for a ticket, but dont know if I can trust any of the websites touting them. Also, Viagogo (non UK) don't seem to have tickets anymore. Aaaaargghhhh