European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedDevilRoshi

Why would we even want to be in this? We have no ambition. Imagine how embarrassing this would be to play in and never compete.

Glazers are a joke
Nothing to do about winning the thing. It’s simply about money and greed from the hierarchy of these clubs that have signed up. That’s why they are doing it for.

Cloud7

The UEFA and domestic leagues does not have anything to threaten with.

What will PL be without the 6 big clubs? A glorified championship at best.
What would La Liga be without Real, Barca and Athletico. Not even better than the Portuguese league.
What would Serie A be without Milan, Inter and Juventus?

Banning players from Euros? Who is gonna watch second 11's compete in Euros?

They have no choice but to bend over.
United should have had a much bigger share of the pie down the years and had our pick of the best players like Bayern, Real, Barca in their leagues.

The ESL allows this concentration of wealth as well as caters to each individual clubs selling some of their TV rights themselves.
I do wonder sometimes what people bother watching football for. Attitudes like this are just sad.

Gary Neville on reports: "They should all be docked points agreeing to it in the middle of a season"

AshRK

Strong statement by neville too. I agree with the stance taken by Uefa. Feck these clubs including United.

Snafu17

feck the superleague and feck our owners/ the board for pushing this, the greedy little cnuts.

Hoof the ball

Yep, various reputable sources have confirmed that City as of yet have not signed up to this.

When City have the fecking high ground over you, you know it's bad.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I'm more intrigued than outraged to be honest. If I can see a game every weekend against the likes of Juventus, Barcelona and Bayern instead of another episode of constipation inducing football from Wolves, that would add a lot more to the entertainment value.

acnumber9

I disagree with it, but feck UEFA too. They only care because it’s not their competition.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
If this happens this club is dead to me. Its embarrassing we're involved but no surprise with the yank leeches and their feck boy woodward.

My interest in football is getting lower anyway as I'm getting older and I'm realising how farcical it is.

HackeyC

Let's not forget that UEFA and FIFA have been robbing grass roots football blind over the last 30 years. I don't like this proposal but from a business perspective I can see how it makes sense.

flappyjay

Hmmm. If it's just replacing the CL and actually has the effect of neutering the oil clubs to reasonable levels then there's definitely an upside.

Domestic leagues would be my major concern. Firstly in terms of whether the long term plan would be to replace those leagues but also the impact not having CL places providing incentive would have.

Given the timing in regards to CL plans though, you'd have to wonder how much of this is to do with pressure for reforms.
Longterm is see it turn into an American system no relegation /promotion. Play offs and a final to decide the champion.

SeanyC

Disgusting! Won’t support it, more money for them gobbos across the water to leash

arthurka

So you mean Arsenal finish tenth in the league or Liverpool in sixth but they deserve to play in the top competition in Europe because of their name? In what world is that a better format?
The only fair format for the CL was binned years ago when the champions weren't invited anymore champions and their friends were the order of the day. Only from the biggest leagues and then 3-4 teams. Don't see the difference in the 4 seat or the 10th to be fair. The thing is money won years ago.

UEFA has ruined the league, has failed to implement fair spending and operating measures of the teams involved and done nothing to bin racism. When billionaire owners are competing with richest states the game is rigged as it is. It's a shit move but let's not act like the game is in a good state anyway, this was foreseen as the big clubs are going to want to get the TV money from their games or at least more of it. City and PSG have no pull at all really..

Last edited:

Josep Dowling

As someone has pointed out surely this should be driven by fan interest only? If fans don’t want it to happen then clubs established for over 100 years are being dictated by owners, who have no affiliation to the clubs. The day of a season ticket holder will surely die? Can’t see a situation where fans can regularly travel across Europe every week.

predator

Youth NITK
I dont see the big outcry, however I haven't looked at the details at all if I'm honest.

If it ultimately provides more frequent, higher quality football matches and puts the best players against each other more often then as someone who loves football from a playing point of a view I can't really argue against it.

The financial impact on smaller clubs isn't nice but I'm here to watch good football, not support a team I have no affiliation with.

I'm very uneducated about it so maybe someone can inform me better.

Woodzy

First I heard about this during our game. A Gary said, it's hard to concentrate on the game with this nonsense going on.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Of course the yanks are at the centre of this, America hates genuine fair competition, everything has to be a monopoly when they get their mucky paws on it. I’m sick to my stomach that my club is not only part of it but a driving force behind it.
The feck did we do? (Jimmy McNulty voice)

fergosaurus

Horrible idea even if we're not booted out of the PL. Imagine how pointless the last few seasons would've been without fighting for top four. This is another stain on the Glazer reign at Man United.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Did someone mention us and Real Madrid are set to have the biggest share of the pie? Is anyone surprised the sleazy Glazers are backing this?

hanovercigars

How likely are United going to win the Superleague as compared to the Champions League?

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I'm more a United fan than a football fan
Your point of United basically subsidising half the prem is funny, when it would be the likes of us being subsidised by Real and Barca when we are finishing mid table every year, those 2 clubs never do anything for the good of anyone else we would end up being fecked.