European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Neville played the nice guy before the match but when Klopp went at him again after the match he just thought nah that's it.

Completely put him in his place as well.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
My favorite example is the move of the Grizzlies from Vancouver to Memphis. The name made sense in Vancouver, but then kept the same name in Memphis. :lol:
Yeah, that's another ridiculous relocation. Sure, basketball wasn't really taking off in Canada, but the team could have at least had more relevant branding than the freaking Grizzlies.

Giggs86

I honestly feel you're just trolling people at this point for a reaction. The Premier League and Champions League were basically rebrandings/format changes of existing competitions. Not a completely new start-up that is invite only and has no connection to the previous competition.
The ESL is a rebranding of the CL. No one gives a shit about the corrupt bastards from uefa or fifa, because essentially there won't be a CL without those 12 teams. It would be the Scottish premiership where Bayern and PSG dick everyone for a year or two until they get bored and follow the other big clubs. Don't be naive.

Judas

Open to offers
The ESL is a rebranding of the CL. No one gives a shit about the corrupt bastards from uefa or fifa, because essentially there won't be a CL without those 12 teams. It would be the Scottish premiership where Bayern and PSG dick everyone for a year or two until they get bored and follow the other big clubs. Don't be naive.
You don't know what a rebranding is if you think this is a rebranding. It isn't, quite clearly.

Guy Incognito

I can remember back in the 90s Sky wanting to buy Man. United. Didn't the government actually block that as was similar anger and public and Man. United supporters to what is happening now. If Murdoch had got in then the push for super league would've started long before the Glazers got in.

I agree they've played a big part in creating this monster. Now they haven't had CL for many years and don't have as much money to burn on sports as a decade ago so they're on slippery slope and showing a downsized prem would pretty much kill their business model.
There was anger and the govt blocked it because it was referred to the competition commission.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Klopp was doing a serious deflection job there. Seeing quite a few Liverpool fans saying he's in the wrong here.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
My favorite example is the move of the Grizzlies from Vancouver to Memphis. The name made sense in Vancouver, but then kept the same name in Memphis. :lol:
I mean, the highest profile one is the Lakers. California famed for its lakes you see.

sparx99

Kind of ignores Juventus winning 8 in a row and the fact that City, Liverpool, Madrid and Barca won all the other ones.

It might explain why some of the other teams want to to change the format to get more competitive. Consolidate the best players in fewer clubs could make the playing field more even.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Yeah, that's another ridiculous relocation. Sure, basketball wasn't really taking off in Canada, but the team could have at least had more relevant branding than the freaking Grizzlies.
Still not as stupid as the Utah Jazz. Utah? Jazz? Feck off!
The Jazz were moved from New Orleans, which has a lot of jazz.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Don't forget the New Orleans Jazz going to Utah of all fecking places:

Also the Minnesota Lakers moving to LA - they've gone from 11,000+ lakes to about a dozen.

0le

Here is the reaction of Rawk to Klopp's comments on Neville:

Klopp having a go at Neville - Hammering him. Saying he follows money.

Anyone that backs Neville needs to have a fecking word with themselves. Allowing him to slag the club off like that. Hang your heads in shame.

Don't ever like a Man Utd Rat hammer the club again! Ever! and certainly Never Walk Alone.
Get in Klopp. All you on here that backed Neville should be ashamed of yourselfs.
Good well they have it.

fecked over again by a mancinian bellend and all you are doing is sucking Gary Nevilles ballbag?

Fair play. No one else would like to dangle off it.
Anyone who listens to a word Gary Neville says is a worse fool.. He's always been full of shite.
This. Absolutely made up Klopp ripped him a new one
Gary Neville. "I don't know why I'm living in his head"
When there's a fly buzzing about that you just want to twat, the fly is not living in your head.
Klopp shone a light on you there lad
Quite a fun bunch over there aren't they :rolleyes:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Neville played the nice guy before the match but when Klopp went at him again after the match he just thought nah that's it.

Completely put him in his place as well.
Link? Recap?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Here is the reaction of Rawk to Klopp's comments on Neville:

Quite a fun bunch over there aren't they :rolleyes:
That forum is a fecking cult. Different response from what I've seen from Liverpool fans on twitter.

Good job by Klopp though. Deflect from the main issue and get the fanbase riled up about Gary fecking Neville. Pathetic man.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Still not as stupid as the Utah Jazz. Utah? Jazz? Feck off!
The Jazz were moved from New Orleans, which has a lot of jazz.
Don't forget the New Orleans Jazz going to Utah of all fecking places:

Also the Minnesota Lakers moving to LA - they've gone from 11,000+ lakes to about a dozen.
Exactly. It's funny how those origins are completely forgotten about. The one that hurts NBA fans (let alone the local supporters) the most is the Seattle relocation. That one was absolutely terrible.

This is one of my biggest worries with The Super League. The owners will have so much power to relocate or rebrand a team if they feel that said team isn't doing well enough for them. We may not see any in the next few years, but in 10 years' time, I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of the founding members would get rebranded.

mshnsh

No it isn't a rebranding. The clubs that are 'permanent members' are there on reputation rather than merit which is what the champions league is all about.

mu4c_20le

Klopp was doing a serious deflection job there. Seeing quite a few Liverpool fans saying he's in the wrong here.
It was as obvious as jose going after ole for being a bad father. I'm not surprised some of the knuckle draggers over at rawk are lapping it up though.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
:lol: often think the same about this place.
I'm sure if Ole did what Klopp has just done this place would have a much different response. The sport is on it's fecking arse and Klopp is more concerned about a petty feud with Neville. He's a fraud.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I'm sure if Ole did what Klopp has just done this place would have a much different response. The sport is on it's fecking arse and Klopp is more concerned about a petty feud with Neville. He's a fraud.
I don't think Ole would have had a few direct pops at Carragher to be honest or played the victim card about TShirts.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This is mental stuff on Sky. Carragher and Nev are both reeling. Nev’s going to end up murdering Woodward in the heat of the moment.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
:lol: A rebranding but it comes with an invite only. feck competition

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Exactly. It's funny how those origins are completely forgotten about. The one that hurts NBA fans (let alone the local supporters) the most is the Seattle relocation. That one was absolutely terrible.

This is one of my biggest worries with The Super League. The owners will have so much power to relocate or rebrand a team if they feel that said team isn't doing well enough for them. We may not see any in the next few years, but in 10 years' time, I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of the founding members would get rebranded.
I disagree. The US sports are a very closed market. This means franchise teams up stakes when they lack matchday revenue or can't get concessions for new facilities. Football's global appeal means the real money is in TV revenue so uprooting a club from where it originated would likely have too much of a brand impact.