This post could only get more American if you somehow snuck in a couple of "they won't take my guns!" in there.I voted "YES" for the ESL because:
1. I'm sick of VAR, the lack of consistency of English referees. I'm honestly tired of being frustrated with the lack of accountability with refereeing
2. I lost interest in watching Manutd games against the likes of Granada, Burnley, Cyrstal Palace, etc. I find myself always scrolling through Instagram during these small team games. During big games against the likes of City, Liverpool and Chelsea, however, I'm fully emotionally invested. And I like that feeling. So hopefully the ESL can bring back my passion for football
3. I'm sick of paying multiple telecommunications hundreds of dollars per month for sports coverage. The ESL can solve this issue by having its own network or partnering up with leading streaming companies such as Netflix, Hulu, or Disney. I do not mind for paying affordable streaming services. Currently, I'm subscribed to Netflix and Disney.
From a football fan perspective that does not reside in UK, I don't see any downside to the ESL. I notice that is a lot of talk of "English Pyramid", "Coaches jobs", "Stadium infrastructures investment", "UK tv rights", etc. Not to be insensitive, but none of those are a concern to global football fans that just want to watch the best players compete against each other in a convenient platform at bargain prices.
The stuff that excites me most about football:
1. Watching the best team which also means best players and managers competing against each other
2. Transfer market. Imagine trading Bruno Fernandes for Harry Kane. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I think that is what us younger fans want to see. Shocking and exciting transfers. Changing team dynamics, etc
I think the ESL can provide an outstanding product. I will probably receive backlash for this post. But this is my geniune opinion, and I cannot wait for football to be exciting again. I want to be emotionally invested week in and week out, and that can only happen if the best players in terms of skills and branding are pitted against each other.