European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Even if teams are not excluded from the PL, what’s the point of competing if you’re not going to be challenging for the title?! All the teams not in the title race can take the rest of the season off knowing there’s no pressure to finish top-4. The CL needs reform, but this is a power grab by the richest clubs & it’s disgusting.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Wait... the 15 founder clubs doesn't include Dortmund, Ajax or PSG? Those are some big misses.
It could be the some of the guests, there is a total of 20 teams.

Foxbatt

What about the players? Are they going to destroy their careers in playing international football?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Even if teams are not excluded from the PL, what’s the point of competing if you’re not going to be challenging for the title?! All the teams not in the title race can take the rest of the season off knowing there’s no pressure to finish top-4. The CL needs reform, but this is a power grab by the richest clubs & it’s disgusting.
You can ask that about any sporting competition.

crossy1686

career ending
The thoughts of never being able to add to our 3 European cups does not bear thinking about

Also I don’t find it appealing at all having to play city, Liverpool etc 4 times a season

Top 4 race will be no more. We can have a shit season and still guaranteed super league spot. It’s all just gross

I don’t think it will happen
So you're suggesting that we won't want to win the league because we will be in the SL anyway? Better tell the players to pack it in, no point lads, you'll get paid regardless

LARulz

Maybe it's because my interest in football has generally plummeted in the last few years but I am really looking forward to seeing how this plays out

padr81

Supports
Man City
Im a bit glad clubs are finally telling UEFA and FIFA to feck off
Yes and no, this is not the way. fecking over Burnley and co. even more doesn't solve footballs problem, a salary cap, a transfer cap, a wage cap thats what football needed.

iamBen

Nobody other than the clubs is going to benefit from this at all, it'd be absolute madness for a player or manager to sign for a club in this new league unless they resolve the issues with the FAs/UEFA.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They've gone in about it on MotD there. I swear the program even ran over time? What's the angle there?

I think Danny Murphy was putting too much weight on players wanting to play for their country. If the club is making more money they'll be in a position to ask for more, so that will surely rule. He didn't seem to think so but I reckon that would definitely be the case with a lot.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
:lol: :lol: No, I really do. People are terrified of change for some reason. The game has been crying out for a shakeup, this is going to be fantastic to watch
I just don't understand how anyone can think this is a good thing. I feel sick at the thought of this.

fergies coat

:lol: :lol: No, I really do. People are terrified of change for some reason. The game has been crying out for a shakeup, this is going to be fantastic to watch
Arsenal have a massive pull world wide, of course they're in it. Clubs have worked hard to become big clubs, why should Stoke get the same amount of prize money as United?
Have Man city worked hard or have they just won the lottery? This destroys domestic football.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Christmas for Arsenal... miss top 4 by a country mile, yet somehow get in to the Super League!
A club that literally wangled their way into the league on the back of Liverpool and United match fixing. They know how to exploit a situation.

RuudTom83

My initial reaction is one of horror.

But if it is just going to be a mid-week match competition and not going to replace the actual leagues! Then with some co-operation it could possibly be able to work.

Dropping the carabao cup for starters would make some room in the calendar. Trimming the CL group stages down wouldn’t be a disaster either.

The teams involved are trying to grab as much money as they can for sure. Plus some of the details like no relegations make it a joke...

Calling it a Super League is misleading too, i would have just marketed it as a alternative to the CL, or even a competition for the years when an international cup isn’t happening.

Lots of possibilities, but they seem to have gone about it in all the wrong manner.

Neo_Mufc

I'm very angry and emotional but does anyone think clubs will get together and protest?