European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red Viking

This is a sad moment for European football and Manchester United is dead for me. I will refuse to pay or watch this nonsense league that are nothing but a easy cash generating machine for wealthy owners. I think a total boycott of any club participating in this is necessary. The Glazers have finally destroyed what used to be a working class football club and turned it into Corporation FC entirely.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Makes the league fairly pointless now. Why aim for top 4 when you could finish 15th and still be in super League every season? What's the fecking point?
There isn't one so it will be interesting to see what the PL do or say.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
No it's just for the 6 clubs who will play for this competition. The league will simply be for them like glorified friendlies to prepare for this competition. The other clubs outside the 6 will care more about the top 4 to play in CL, the big clubs won't bother that much anymore.
No. I’m saying there’s about 10 teams in this league who have nothing to play for during the majority of it.

Judas

Open to offers
If we're not all kicked out of our leagues, will the champions league change its name? Best go back to just calling it the european cup seeing as most of the champions will be gone.

Fanta Stick

Not one fan will be allowed entrance on ESL match days because me and tens of thousands of fans like me will be blocking all entrances.

ps not believing for one second that this ESL will come to pass, but for these cnuts to use our club like this is a fcuking disgrace.

Castia

United about to get the big bucks and secure their future for years to come....but in turn completely kills the premier league.

The league will be used like the Carabao Cup now if we’re still allowed to partake.

ThinkTank@Cafe

The biggest winner in this situation is Tottenham. Super league came just in time to save them from collapse and turning into another Leeds or Newcastle

Heinzesight

Qualifying for the CL, playing the odd dross team and then the thought of making the quarters and beyond and the novelty of drawing a European giant in a big glamour tie under the lights at OT...all gone, I don’t want to play these cnuts every other week. European won’t be special anymore.

predator

Youth NITK
This is as colossal as it gets. I have been glued to my phone since 3pm. I haven't felt like this since fergie retired.

I'm not completely against it until all the details emerge but now it's actually happening its kind of sinking in.

Business is just a ruthless industry.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Why? Would have thought PSG would be the last team to want have a cap on wages etc..
I mean in the sense of sticking the head into an elite group in which they were not considered before, although to be honest I had not imagined that Tottenham was a founder instead of Ajax, for example.
In that case they would surely be the most eager to participate.
It is true about the limitations, but I assumed that together they would make them reasonable and permissive.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
There isn't one so it will be interesting to see what the PL do or say.
This is the impact though, it will destroy the competitiveness and value of league places in domestic leagues. Anybody supporting this clearly hasn't thought it through.

Idxomer

You're telling me you're going to get bored of seeing United against Madrid because we'll play them every season? What the feck must you think about Burnley and Newcastle by now then?
Everyone wants to be part of the outrage.

In the end, entertainment is my objective and I think this competition is going to be fun.

Tonicruise

Supports
FC Bayern
In fairness, the Champions League itself became a rich clubs' closed circuit in recent decades.
Huh? Just last year Leipzig and Lyon reached the Semi finals, they are not "rich clubs" so thats objectievly incorrect.

How can any person in their right mind support this, 15 clubs that can't be relegated how the fk is that competetive football? That kind of format is a purely souless american invention that should stay on their side of the atlantic. Thankfully i care way more about my local home team in Sweden so i'm not getting as affected as some fans will. I will still be able to enjoy derbies where tickets are 11-12£.

Globalism what a great concept.

dinostar77

This is a sad moment for European football and Manchester United is dead for me. I will refuse to pay or watch this nonsense league that are nothing but a easy cash generating machine for wealthy owners. I think a total boycott of any club participating in this is necessary. The Glazers have finally destroyed what used to be a working class football club and turned it into Corporation FC entirely.
This needs to stickied or flagged or whatever. Its an important point. The club is dead.

Suv666

Sorry, must have missed it.

As United fan's we want to see our team compete against the best of the best and win, yeah beating Burnley is great but what about that Paul Scholes goal against Barcelona? For the random fan, is Tottenham vs Juventus not a better game than Leipzig vs some random Turkish side? We're talking elite football here, nothing else like this on the planet in terms of ability and prestige and we're part of it.

The money will be reinvested into the club and spent on players/stadium/coaching staff, whatever. Most of it will probably go on transfers as we'll have to pay a SL tax on top of a United tax when we sign a player so most of that money will filter into the leagues anyway.

This is a win for everyone.
You're American aren't you?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Gonna be interesting to see the reaction of the players of various teams and whether the wheels come off for a few sides. Imagine being one of the players and this landing on you?
There's going to be legal issues with this. Players being banned from playing for their country because of decisions made by their clubs will cause all sorts of issues.

JSArsenal

Weren't the clubs in this asking for a bigger share of the domestic pot from their respective leagues? Why ask for that, then say something like this? If Madrid for example wanted to help to out smaller clubs, well charity starts at home. They could have agreed to more an equal distribution of the tv rights.

tomaldinho1

Ya reckon your Amazon subscription will stay the same yeah?
That’s the risk but it’d have to explode to even get near what you pay for Sky! Prime is what £7.99 a month and if you do simple stuff (vitality health link up)you can basically get it free already.

Red00012

Come to what agreement? Answer the question why are you so supportive of this instead of sitting on your high horse.
Well as we stand UEFA are suing the clubs banning them from domestic and European competitions and also banning them from international duty . It’s in their own interests to come to an agreement or they’re fecked with shit domestic and European leagues .

I’m not sitting on any high horse , you said you’re done I said bye . I’ll still follow Utd whatever happens. If that means a SL so be it.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
United about to get the big bucks and secure their future for years to come....but in turn completely kills the premier league.

The league will be used like the Carabao Cup now if we’re still allowed to partake.
:lol: Very naive to think that the Glazers aren't going to pocket the extra money. No chance they use it to pay down the debt the put on the club or invest it in the club.

crossy1686

career ending
It won't, but personally my respect for these men will go through the roof.

I equally want Ole to hand in his resignation tomorrow.
Would you do the same in their position? Offered the chance to play in a super league with the best teams, crazy money on offer. Life changing for yourself personally and professionally? All based on Sky sports pushing a narrative and the FA making a threat they can't follow through with?