Music Eurovision 2022 | IT'S COMING HOME | Status: went to UKraine | Caf: UK ROBBED | Russian media: UK are the winners | UK host 2023 | Liverpool* hosting

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
ROBBED.

Ukraine's was shit. Tiny little nobody country.

Something something something not understanding Eurovision something...
indeed. this is was the truly ugly side of war.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Even in the Eurovision thread UK folks manage to make it all about themselves, amazing stuff :lol:

I mean, you literally pay to be in the contest unlike other countries who had to go through qualifying, and yet people talk about what's fair :lol:
Wrong. We don't "Pay to be in it" we pay for the bloody thing full stop.

And even if your ramblings were correct, we can't even pay to win right anyway :(

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
War is indeed hell.

I'd rather be on the frontlines than suffer this outrage and indignation!
indeed. there’s an exclusive interview in tomorrow’s sun with sam ryder’s mum. “i begged him to go to gaza, he chose turin.”

she goes on to say how it’s every parent’s nightmare.

Moby

Dick
English dudes who had been dancing around Twitter with Ukraine flags in their handles suddenly not too keen on that cause. The absolute state of this lot. :lol:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
It's like when the biggest sob story wins the X-factor.

"Oh, your mum died of cancer 10 years ago and you had a dream she was on stage with you? Here you go, here's a free trophy!"

Pfft, absolute corruption in these singing contests. It's worse than Uefa.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Moldova were the only country that was robbed. Rocked up with the most Eurovision-sounding song of the night, and the juries gave them 9 points, bunch of fecking nerds.

I've slept on it, and I'm still livid.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Only one true winner here.....

Jotun

Moldova were the only country that was robbed. Rocked up with the most Eurovision-sounding song of the night, and the juries gave them 9 points, bunch of fecking nerds.

Absolutely robbed by juries. It was a great entry. I believe it was actually second in public votes.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Think they came second in the people's vote too didn't they?

Acole9

Outstanding
The UK was not robbed :lol: amazing achievement to finish second. It was a strong competition this year.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Yep, cannot believe the judges.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
A couple of decades back I was working with a former BBC broadcast engineer who'd spent most of his working life working for Eurovision and the EBU. Almost everything they did early on (back in the 50s) relied on broadcasters wanting to cooperate on the big sporting events - in particular football. It was the World Cups and then the European Cup that triggered most of the funding the technology/infrastructure jumps needed.

The Eurovision Song Contest was initially an attempt to show that the network investment wasn't just for football plus it gave them the chance to do the multi-country broadcasting thing (reading out the votes!) using relatively simple studio based setups. So if he was to believed, the Song Contest only existed because Eurovision needed something to play with that could make artistic claims about its role in promoting international cultural understanding.

The winner is more or less the original Eurovision vision - a national cultural story told to and respected by an international audience :D

Wrong. We don't "Pay to be in it" we pay for the bloody thing full stop.

And even if your ramblings were correct, we can't even pay to win right anyway :(
The big five (UK, Germany, Spain, France, Italy) are the primary fund providers through the EBU - basically because they were the biggest countries in the EBU setup, and they still provide most of the money/technical support. When the song contest got bigger, the big five decided to have automatic final places, because they were scared they'd lose funding from its primary broadcasters if they weren't appearing at its best known event!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I freaking won.

Like, properly won, unlike Ukraine and UL who fake won.