Music Eurovision 2022 | IT'S COMING HOME | Status: went to UKraine | Caf: UK ROBBED | Russian media: UK are the winners | UK host 2023 | Liverpool* hosting

fergosaurus

Just listened to the top two songs to see what all the moaning was about. Ukraine's was indeed awful but at least it had the flute-like instrument part which was class. The UK one had no such redeeming qualities and rightfully lost.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
She was great.

My dad may be getting on a bit now but he felt like a young man watching that Spain performance.
Bless him. :)
I love that she has a natural body. No fake butt. Just a natural nice one and she's got the moves. All them dead fish that came after her can't move like that.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Bless him. :)
I love that she has a natural body. No fake butt. Just a natural nice one and she's got the moves. All them dead fish that came after her can't move like that.
She also won me money, had her at 50/1 each way, so recouped some change.

She gave it her all, Christ knows how she could sing like that whilst moving like a fish flapping on the beach. Didn't miss a note.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Listened to Finland’s song a few times today. Absolute cracker.

Jotun

Listened to Finland’s song a few times today. Absolute cracker.
It's a nice entry, but IMHO not as a cracking as last year's Blind Channel. Also Ukraine was brilliant last year, I'd say much better than this, even though I do think they deserved to win. But last year they were robbed by juries, although not as much as Moldova this year. Too much weight is given to jury voting imho, so too many songs like Australia or Switzerland get a place in the finals, just because they are ballads with good singers, but realistically boring songs with no character.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
It's a nice entry, but IMHO not as a cracking as last year's Blind Channel. Also Ukraine was brilliant last year, I'd say much better than this, even though I do think they deserved to win. But last year they were robbed by injuries, although not as much as Moldova this year. Too much weight is given to jury voting imho, so too many songs like Australia or Switzerland get a place in the finals, just because they are ballads with good singers, but realistically boring songs with no character.
Ukraine had more "injuries" last year than this?

Oh, the injustice deepens.

Last edited:

Jotun

Ukraine had more "injuries" last year than this?

Oh, the injustice deepens.
I don't know what this means, but if you check last years results by televote:
https://eurovisionworld.com/eurovision/2021

you can see both Ukraine and Finland getting shafted by juries.

both 200+ in televotes and sub 100 in jury votes (Italy was still a good entry and IMHO a deserved winner and no complaints there).

It's not at the level of this year's Moldova, which has got to be one of the biggest discrepancies in jury and televoting history. But that just shows how juries are biased towards certain types of song.

klsv

Russian uralinform.ru reports that Eurovision was won by a bearded dude from the UK. Finally some justice!

Sylar

I love the voting system. It was exciting
Happy for UK to get second. Big performance.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I love the voting system. It was exciting
Happy for UK to get second. Big performance.
Yeah, I quite like the two tier element to it, but not so much the reporting.

What's the point in having each country report live/reaction shots of the contestants when everyone knows it's going to all turn on it's head in a few minutes time?

I think they should just combine the two sets of scores in each country's reporting.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Yeah, I quite like the two tier element to it, but not so much the reporting.

What's the point in having each country report live/reaction shots of the contestants when everyone knows it's going to all turn on it's head in a few minutes time?

I think they should just combine the two sets of scores in each country's reporting.
The thing with the live reporting is that those are jury votes that were casted in advance. The moment the public voting closes you can start announcing jury votes.

If they remove that part you'll have to wait another 30-60 minutes for them to count. That would mean 30-60 minutes more of cheesy hosts talking cringe nonsense. We need less of that, not more.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
The thing with the live reporting is that those are jury votes that were casted in advance. The moment the public voting closes you can start announcing jury votes.

If they remove that part you'll have to wait another 30-60 minutes for them to count. That would mean 30-60 minutes more of cheesy hosts talking cringe nonsense. We need less of that, not more.
In fairness, I do remember the gap between the contest/vote count being a lot longer in the past.

Maybe just go through the whole thing again? I just think the random topping up is a bit on an anticlimax and more often than not it's obvious who has won before the end.

Drifter

American

Should have thought about that when you fixed it for them to win.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Ultimate double whammy for the Brits. Didn't win the thing and now the taxpayers probably have to pay for hosting it :lol:

Woodzy

It better be Cardiff because i'm lazy but I would also like to paint my face and wave a silly little flag.