Evan Ferguson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hughie77

Striker is needed big time, but Eth or whoever deems one not necessary?

saik

Wow. People thought Hojlund was a wide player? The mind boggles.

Hughie77

A wide player? That’s a new take I’ve not heard.
Do you not know what club he's been brought from, he played mainly wide not through the middle as a striker like most strikers do.

Only for Denmark I think he played as a Striker and that's only on 5 or 6 times that I can think of.

So you've heard it now ..

Hughie77

Højlund? One of the most highly rated young strikers in the world?
For who ? Denmark a few games, Atlanta no he played wide mainly. Granted ETH is going to play him as a Striker but time will tell.. ??

zaafi

For who ? Denmark a few games, Atlanta no he played wide mainly. Granted ETH is going to play him as a Striker but time will tell.. ??
What are you talking about? :lol:

He is a striker talent. Why are you talking about him playing wide for Atalanta?

Idxomer

Sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

Hughie77

What are you talking about? :lol:

He is a striker talent. Why are you talking about him playing wide for Atalanta?
Where did he play then??... up as a 9 on his Todd I won't put an insulting emoji .... Go and watch his games for them and you figure out where he played?

Glorio

Do you not know what club he's been brought from, he played mainly wide not through the middle as a striker like most strikers do.

Only for Denmark I think he played as a Striker and that's only on 5 or 6 times that I can think of.

He played as a striker, but the Atalanta system has the striker's starting position coming in from wide positions (somewhat similar to Henry's style). Doesn't mean he wasn't a striker, that's exactly what he is and has been for club and country

ShinjiNinja26

He’s quite clearly a striker. It’s quite common for young strikers to play wider early on and will move more centrally as they develop. He has all the attributes to be a top striker and is already playing there for his country. Stop being pedantic.

Hughie77

He played as a striker, but the Atalanta system has the striker's starting position coming in from wide positions (somewhat similar to Henry's style). Doesn't mean he wasn't a striker, that's exactly what he is and has been for club and country
OK so he's wide and comes in as a Striker ie Rashford???... Henry was A wide player who Wenger brought in to Arsenal and played him as a Striker , if Hojlund does the same happy days, I hope he does, but the post is About Evan Ferguson and he's a 9 that's a Striker ..

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

I can find zero mention of him playing anywhere other than CF?

Hughie77

He’s quite clearly a striker. It’s quite common for young strikers to play wider early on and will move more centrally as they develop. He has all the attributes to be a top striker and is already playing there for his country. Stop being pedantic.
It's not pedantic the post is about Evan, he's a 9 the comparison is Just between the 2 ... only time will tell him he's a Striker I hope he does like you said he has the attributes to be one that's the point.. he's not yet a Striker

zaafi

It's not pedantic the post is about Evan, he's a 9 the comparison is Just between the 2 ... only time will tell him he's a Striker I hope he does like you said he has the attributes to be one that's the point.. he's not yet a Striker
Højlund is as much of a striker as Ferguson is. Genuinely can't tell if you're trolling or not :lol:

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned

He played striker every time. Either as a lone striker or with a striking partner. He did not play wide. You are wrong.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Atalanta play with 2 up top, so yes one striker will occasionally drift wide and rotate that role with the other striker. He is a striker though. As much of a pure striker as any player has ever been a striker. In no way is he a wide player or a Darwin type. He's a CF who backs into defenders, holds the ball up, links up, can run in behind and likes finding pockets in the box to get the goals.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Quite like that Brighton are absolutely minted and have various saleable assets.

No room for a teenager to grow into a top centre forward at the ‘big’ clubs.

Would be great to see him do another two seasons at Brighton and properly develop, rather than languish in a bloated Top 6 squad and piss away two years. He looks to be a classic 9 and he needs top level games and goals to develop. He’d sit on the bench at most top clubs unless he was hitting 2 in 3.

Hughie77

Atalanta play with 2 up top, so yes one striker will occasionally drift wide and rotate that role with the other striker. He is a striker though. As much of a pure striker as any player has ever been a striker. In no way is he a wide player or a Darwin type. He's a CF who backs into defenders, holds the ball up, links up, can run in behind and likes finding pockets in the box to get the goals.
A sensible reply, Darwin is more like a Rashford kind of player, now this kid Hojlund who's still learning can become a proper 9, hopefully at OT, but like you say he played in a 2 from a wide position, Evan is a 9 .. some clarity here.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
A sensible reply, Darwin is more like a Rashford kind of player, now this kid Hojlund who's still learning can become a proper 9, hopefully at OT, but like you say he played in a 2 from a wide position, Evan is a 9 .. some clarity here.
No, he played as the main CF but when you play in a 2 striker set up, you invariably have to run the channels on occasion which he's capable of. He's not capable of starting as a wide player, it's very different. But he also played as a lone striker sometimes for them too, and for Denmark he played lone striker. He's a striker, and has a more complete game than Evan Ferguson so far, though Evan Ferguson looks like more of a natural goalscorer in terms of his movement. Hojlund's best work comes in central areas, classic CF things. Hold up, being a focal point, box movement, etc.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Have utd bought one?.. got a wide player who he hopes can play as a striker, that's what he bought and time will tell if it works?
If you mean Hojlund, he’s a number 9. But he’s good at dribbling so tends to drift out wide

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He's already sitting on the bench at Brighton.
Yes. Developing. He’s not benched. He would be at a top club that’s expected to win every match.

He’s a kid. Shouldn’t be anywhere near a top club. Not because he doesn’t have the talent. But because he wouldn’t be afforded the opportunity to fail and still get picked.

He’ll play plenty when the window closes too.

Robertd0803

Yeah they’ve brought in £180m from Caicedo, McAllister and Sanchez
And sitting on another 250-300 million with Ferguson/Mitroma and Estudiantes (I have no idea of how to spell his name) so not like they will be needing cash anytime soon either.

Status
Not open for further replies.