Evenly balanced flanks

AkaAkuma

Ive read some disparaging remarks about Rashford & Valencia these last few days. Wan Bissaka could also be added to this discussion

Shaw and Sancho are also interesting outliers.

Giggs, Beckham, Irwin and Neville are the archetype im alluding to.

Valencia was a very good fullback, he had his limitations but his strengths if you spoke in fifa or fm terms would be high 80s or 20s. His problem was that he was the focal point of the right flank, when he should have been the decoy. He would have been excellent on the overlap.

Rashford in this team has the same, I would say he's our focal wide attacker, he just lacks a right sided attacker to acts as an alternative decoy.

Shaw on the other hand gets praise, because the left side of our attack is balanced and he performs his role of decoy effectively.

Take away one of Giggs or Beckham and add an inferior player and the same situation would show itself.

Greenwood or Diallo are good prospects, but we just need somebody at peak ablity to fill the right flank, they dont need to be elite, just affective and act as a decoy for our stronger left flank.

To include Sancho, the opinion is that Hakimi's absence has affected his performance.

Last edited:

AkaAkuma

Just browsing Transfermarkt:

1. Mahrez - he's unhappy, but not sure a transfer would be possible. We should have bought him when we had a chance.
  2. Buendia, take a punt. He fails while Diallo has a less stressful transition into the team.
  3. Jesus Corona - i know little about him other than he's entering form late in his career and has the right age profile.
Unfortunately it seems theres a real lack of experienced right wingers

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Just browsing Transfermarkt:

1. Mahrez - he's unhappy, but not sure a transfer would be possible. We should have bought him when we had a chance.
  2. Buendia, take a punt. He fails while Diallo has a less stressful transition into the team.
  3. Jesus Corona - i know little about him other than he's entering form late in his career and has the right age profile.
Unfortunately it seems theres a real lack of experienced right wingers
What a name.

dal

Greenwood will become outstanding on the right, his closing down is becoming better, his close control is always ridiculous. I thought last year his best asset was close control and finishing but I think he’s rushing it a bit this year which will be ironed out soon.

We are starting to look really good attacking wise.

We don’t normally concede stupid goals like yesterday which is ridiculously frustrating but it’s part of playing in such a competitive league, sometimes you just have to take it, concentration in this league is so so important now.

I disagree with Ole by the way he knows we can still win the league and is deflecting attention to concentrate the minds.

Dan_F

The same issue that teams always had on the left, it’s just switched because the left footers tend to be playing on the right now.