Everton 2022/23 | Dyche Dyche baby

TheReligion

Abusive
16m up front. If we can't pay the 17.5m for Cornet up front then we wouldn't have been able to challenge Brentford at that fee.
I’ve no idea about the financial set up but it feels as though you were many to benefit from the new ownership and wealth but instead you’re actually worse off?

Why is the ground going ahead (it is right?) yet on the pitch is all over the place?

I don’t understand

Everton are a real proper mess at the minute and are one DCL injury away from relegation. If DCL plays 35+ games and scores 15+ goals Everton stay up, otherwise they are bottom 4/5 guaranteed and very possibly bottom 3. Everton need another goalscorer and quick. I think Lampard will be gone by Xmas, totally unproven manager.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’ve no idea about the financial set up but it feels as though you were many to benefit from the new ownership and wealth but instead you’re actually worse off?

Why is the ground going ahead (it is right?) yet on the pitch is all over the place?

I don’t understand.
From what I have read regarding FFP and Everton it comes down to different costs being represented on different balance sheets. The way the stadium is being funded means that it doesn't have an impact to our operating losses and FFP as other factors do so there's no issue with that going ahead. What is the problem is that we have been spending enormous fees on transfers and wages that have contributed to us spending almost as much on wages as we are actually taking in as a club which isn't sustainable as a club or for FFP rulings and which is why we are close to the red line in that regard and limited in what we can spend to pass FFP rules and not get points deductions. As those signings and wages haven't led to any success it has left us in a precarious position. We do have the money to spend if we wanted but we can't unless we want point deductions.

TheReligion

Abusive
From what I have read regarding FFP and Everton it comes down to different costs being represented on different balance sheets. The way the stadium is being funded means that it doesn't have an impact to our operating losses and FFP as other factors do so there's no issue with that going ahead. What is the problem is that we have been spending enormous fees on transfers and wages that have contributed to us spending almost as much on wages as we are actually taking in as a club which isn't sustainable as a club or for FFP rulings and which is why we are close to the red line in that regard and limited in what we can spend to pass FFP rules and not get points deductions. As those signings and wages haven't led to any success it has left us in a precarious position. We do have the money to spend if we wanted but we can't unless we want point deductions.
Ahh okay thanks that makes sense. What kind of wages have you been paying then? It’s awful mismanagement but then I getting the stadium going will help increase revenue and have a positive impact.

Its a gamble though if you go down or perform poorly and can’t attract the support.

Catch 22. You need a clear out of these high earners.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Ahh okay thanks that makes sense. What kind of wages have you been paying then? It’s awful mismanagement but then I getting the stadium going will help increase revenue and have a positive impact.

Its a gamble though if you go down or perform poorly and can’t attract the support.

Catch 22. You need a clear out of these high earners.
Only Arsenal, United, Liverpool, City and Chelsea spent more on wages than us last season. Tells you everything you need to know.

Delph + Gylfi who both left this summer were on 100k a week for example.

TheReligion

Abusive
Only Arsenal, United, Liverpool, City and Chelsea spent more on wages than us last season. Tells you everything you need to know.

Delph + Gylfi who both left this summer were on 100k a week for example.
I imagine Richarlison was on decent money and Allan, Doucoure and the rest from that window?

You’ll get there but it does raise concern about the credentials for those running the club. It feels like a clean slate is needed.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not looking pretty for us. 17 days until the season kicks off and we haven't replaced our best player, haven't got any creativity into the squad and our only signing is Tarkowski.

We're trying to get Cornet but are limited by FFP in terms of paying the 17.5m release clause up front so we are trying to do an installment or loan deal which is currently being rejected. Had a few bids rejected for Gibbs-White too.

I think we are targeting the right players but it's going to be a rough window and I'd expect many deals to be made in the last week.
Yeah feels like you'll have a mass panic last day window and get in likes of Harry Winks, Gilmour and a couple of attackers if they're still available at that point.

Tough opening few weeks. I know you tend to have Chelsea's number at Goodison in recent times but that's still a very tough opening day fixture and then you have us away and think we've taken the most points off you from away team we've played since coming back into prem in 2019. Then Forest, Leeds and Brentford which will tell what sort of season you'll have up to January.

Guess the plan in early weeks is hope Mina stays fit and him and Tarkowski gels quickly to get you a few clean sheets and grind out some wins like you did in the run in to keep you up.

Does feel like you're being held together by a piece of string. Lampard did his job end of last season and will do his best but with the restrictions I can't see him being there in 12 months tbh.

one340

I'm not one to put too much stock on preseason friendlies but that 4-0 loss to an MLS team is concerning... what are the odds of Lampard getting the sack first?

Wing Attack Plan R

Bye-bye Toffees. I thought Lampard was out of his depth at Chelsea with a far better squad. The way Everton avoided relegation had little to do with him. I think the owners and club would do well to act soon as they can to bring in someone to get a tune out of them. Like you said, one new signing, best player gone, Lampard is guaranteed to take Everton down.

Last edited:

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
pre-season means literally nothing, fully expect them to win a few to start the league because of all the commotion

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Dele Alli has been earning millions purely based on reputation for the past 3-4 years.
A has-been that probably wouldn't even cut it in the championship at the moment

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Dele Alli has been earning millions purely based on reputation for the past 3-4 years.
A has-been that probably wouldn't even cut it in the championship at the moment
All the things this forum says about Wilshere are true for this khunt.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Detest Lampard and the reason people like him get plum roles is why England can't produce world class managers.

Hope he's sacked and Arteta steps in there while we go for a sacked Klopp.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
In possession we weren’t that bad and we missed some absolute howlers. The Dele miss in particular was tragically bad and 99% of the time someone scores it.
The worry, as with last season is that the goals we concede are those that an U-12 side would be embarrassed with.

What I’m also concerned about is that I think the football Lampard tries to play is the right approach and if he had an unlimited budget to get the players he wanted in we would be alright. The problem is he doesn’t have that budget and we won’t get in the exact players he would want in an ideal world.

It’s going to be another long and painful season that could possibly end in relegation but at the very least we are likely to be fighting against it.

largelyworried

In possession we weren’t that bad and we missed some absolute howlers. The Dele miss in particular was tragically bad and 99% of the time someone scores it.
The worry, as with last season is that the goals we concede are those that an U-12 side would be embarrassed with.
Pretty much Lampard's MO

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Pretty much Lampard's MO
Yeah, it's one of those where you'd take the occasional 4-0 or 3-0 drubbing if you were confident you had the players to win the other games and not lose their heads if it happens. We don't and that is the issue. The problem is though I don't know a manager that could come in and salvage anything else from us currently. We aren't an attractive prospect and the end to last season has clearly given Lampard time, time will tell if that's the wrong move.

Yeah, it's one of those where you'd take the occasional 4-0 or 3-0 drubbing if you were confident you had the players to win the other games and not lose their heads if it happens. We don't and that is the issue. The problem is though I don't know a manager that could come in and salvage anything else from us currently. We aren't an attractive prospect and the end to last season has clearly given Lampard time, time will tell if that's the wrong move.
Give it to Big Sam in Decemeber, he'll keep you up

Castia

Awful summer so far. Lost Richarlison and signed Tarkowski on a free.

They’ll be up against it this season.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Everton will likely be a bottom six team this year, which means that they'll likely be in the relegation fight.

Hughes35

Another long season for Everton IMO.

You can pick 14 definite teams to finish above them which means they are more than likely in a relegation scrap...... Once in the scrap, anything can happen

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
It's happened quickly but I've gone back to expecting relegation fights again. Just like the 90's never left. The team is crap and can't spend because of FFP. And I'm really not sure if Lampard is any good.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’ll be Leeds, Southampton and Bournemouth to be relegated. Everton will stay up.
Leeds have signed about 5 players that would walk into the Everton eleven right now. Some have left CL clubs to be there. Everton’s squad looks really bad.

Their squad is limited and it’s small. They need some good loans and they need them now. The best way Lampard can help them is by getting out his contact book and phoning in a few favors.

As it stands, I would say they will be in a dog fight and their status will be decided by how the promoted teams fare.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Any links to replace Richarlison?

They won’t go down but it will be a torrid season

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Leeds have signed about 5 players that would walk into the Everton eleven right now. Some have left CL clubs to be there. Everton’s squad looks really bad.

Their squad is limited and it’s small. They need some good loans and they need them now. The best way Lampard can help them is by getting out his contact book and phoning in a few favors.

As it stands, I would say they will be in a dog fight and their status will be decided by how the promoted teams fare.
He wanted Conor Gallagher but that won't happen. They'll probably end up with Billy Gilmour instead.

Levi Colwall also been linked but need to unload some of their CBs first.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Any links to replace Richarlison?

They won’t go down but it will be a torrid season
Cornet with the way he plays is a low budget replacement if that can still be done.

Kaos

They'll give Lampard the boot by the new year, bring in someone semi-competent who should see them safe.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He wanted Conor Gallagher but that won't happen. They'll probably end up with Billy Gilmour instead.

Levi Colwall also been linked but need to unload some of their CBs first.
I was going to write those two names but then remembered that Prem clubs can only loan one player from another club. I think it will be Gilmour from Chelsea too.

They desperately need more quality in the wide attacking positions.

Pickford

Coleman/Patterson
Keane
Tarkowski
Mylo

Allan
Doucoure/Davies

Iwobi/Townsend
Gordon/Dele
Gray

DLC

Something like that, as it stands?

It’s a team that only Roy Hodgson could love.

tomaldinho1

Detest Lampard and the reason people like him get plum roles is why England can't produce world class managers.

Hope he's sacked and Arteta steps in there while we go for a sacked Klopp.
I view this as his first real PL job where we can judge him. Chelsea looked good under him initially before falling away but it’s hard to really know his positives when they have such good players or the negatives when they do seem to have those poor periods under all managers.

Everton have a decent squad, they should be comfortably away from relegation and really top 10, we’ll get to see him with a full preseason and not coming in mid year after Rafa sabotaged the club. I fully expect them to be sacked by Christmas but, in the spirit of fairness, I’ll reserve judgement until we see how they play this season.