Everton 23/24 | R.I.P Bill Kenwright

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I would think 35 points will see you safe this season. The clubs coming up from the championship are lacking in quality this season.
Need to beat those clubs. Already dropped points vs SU so a win Vs Luton this weekend will give us some breathing space and continue momentum.

FujiVice

If DCL stays fit for 25 games, Everton will finish mid-table. They looked really good the last two games.

Torino

Supports
Newcastle United
I said it before, these Everton fans hounded Gordon out of the club, chased his car down the road insulted him and his family despite him keeping them up. Now they are losing to Luton at home..

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I said it before, these Everton fans hounded Gordon out of the club, chased his car down the road insulted him and his family despite him keeping them up. Now they are losing to Luton at home..
Losing to Luton at home has nothing to do with Anthony Gordon who did not keep us up.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Anyway, Dyche is on thin ice. Lose against Bournemouth next week at home and I reckon he might be in trouble, the fans will certainly be against him as we have lost all home games this season so far and they were all very winnable games.

We have an xG of 14.4 according to understat but have only scored 6.

Also have xP of 11.63 but only have 4 points.

Going by xG and xP we should be in 6th but we are actually down near the relegation zone.

It's not all on Dyche as chances have been there for players to convert and they haven't but I'm sick of him setting up so negatively in games like Luton at home. It's not a game you should be frightened in.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Anyway, Dyche is on thin ice. Lose against Bournemouth next week at home and I reckon he might be in trouble, the fans will certainly be against him as we have lost all home games this season so far and they were all very winnable games.

Going by xG and xP we should be in 6th but we are actually down near the relegation zone.

It's not all on Dyche as chances have been there for players to convert and they haven't but I'm sick of him setting up so negatively in games like Luton at home. It's not a game you should be frightened in.
Sounds like all Chelsea fans these days.

We'll be xG champions and probably relegated as well :lol:...

whitbyviking

I understand that the business of the new prospective Everton owners is controversial and not something I personally agree with, but are they any worse than the oil states, or some of the other owners? The approval seems to be dragging out a bit.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Will end up fine I would imagine, Everton may not be great but there are some poor teams this season in the competition. Burnley are struggling to score a goal let alone win a game, Sheffield just got thrashed by 8 by a good, not great, Newcastle team. Bournemouth and Luton not much better than those two.

MegadrivePerson

Everton will be fine again this year, the new owners will probably invest in January.
If they get new owners.

Saw this earlier.
Admittedly it's from the Daily Mail but still,

"Burnley, Leeds and Leicester have written to 777Partners with warning that they will sue Everton for £300million if the club are found guilty of breaching spending rules at independent hearing later this month"

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
As I said, I think the squad is good enough to keep them in the EPL. Dunno if Dyche will keep his job if the club owners change.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If they get new owners.

Saw this earlier.
Admittedly it's from the Daily Mail but still,

"Burnley, Leeds and Leicester have written to 777Partners with warning that they will sue Everton for £300million if the club are found guilty of breaching spending rules at independent hearing later this month"
Why?

IrishMcD

Everton will be fine again this year, the new owners will probably invest in January.
The same owners who are hated by their Italian club and are being brought to court because their Brazilian club have failed to pay transfer fees owed (something ridiculous like £5m, they still can’t pay). 777 are scum, even worse than Glazers. They will be cause Everton to absolutely crash and burn. Horrible to see once mighty clubs be on their knees due to poor owners and boards, regardless of who you support yourself.

CM

Not sure I'm a big believer in things like expected points (didn't even know it was a thing) but isn't that an indicator the team are doing the right things without getting the rub of the green?

I think Everton are in a similar predicament to United atm. The results aren't good but the problems at the club clearly go far beyond the manager and probably won't change even if you pull the trigger. That shouldn't be a free pass but a bit of stability in the manager's position is probably beneficial when everything else around the club seems rudderless.

Dyche has enough experience in the Premier League with a limited team that I'd have more faith in him turning it around than any other replacement you could bring in.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Not sure I'm a big believer in things like expected points (didn't even know it was a thing) but isn't that an indicator the team are doing the right things without getting the rub of the green?

I think Everton are in a similar predicament to United atm. The results aren't good but the problems at the club clearly go far beyond the manager and probably won't change even if you pull the trigger. That shouldn't be a free pass but a bit of stability in the manager's position is probably beneficial when everything else around the club seems rudderless.

Dyche has enough experience in the Premier League with a limited team that I'd have more faith in him turning it around than any other replacement you could bring in.
It does but then you look at how he sets the team up. He plays a negative formation and tactical shape against fecking Luton at home, that's just pathetic management. His tactic also means that if we go a goal down then we crumble because the primary function is to limit chances and not concede.

He reverts to type far too often to suggest he's anything more than what he showed at Burnley. I think despite saying he'd be different with other players, I think being stuck in that cycle has meant it's hard for him to shake it off and he always goes back to it.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Gueye being out today was a blessing in disguise. Meant we got to see Onana and Garner in CM which we should really try to maintain going forward. We look so much better with Harrison and DCL back too. Please Dyche stop the Garner out wide nonsense and play on the front foot, we have the ability to score goals against the bottom half teams.

2nd in the xG table and 5th in the xP table so far but the biggest underperformers in both. We just need to let our foot off the throttle a bit and we will be completely fine.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Needed that win. After the break it's three aways and just the one home v Brighton.

Infact their run of home games up to February is Brighton, Man. United, Chelsea, Newcastle, Man.City and Villa so think they'll be staying firmly nestled in 15th or 16th for many months to come if not lower (but then the three promoted teams are really really bad compared to what came up last season).

FujiVice

They need psychological testing for people to come to matches.

IRN-BRUno

I know there had been some difficulties between him and the fanbase in recent times but from the outside he seemed to come across as a decent guy who clearly loved the club.

RIP

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
One of the old school chairman who seemed to live and breathe his club. RIP and condolences to all at Everton.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Dyche and Thelwell have built a great little team which has let fans begin to enjoy watch us again.

Mykolenko has improved so so much. He's been phenomenal this season.

Branthwaite, Onana, Garner and McNeil all really good young players on the books.

Doucoure been a monster under Dyche too. Lampard wanted him sold and he was with the reserves. Our top scorer in the Dyche tenure.

We shouldn't be anywhere near the relegation zone this year.

Finally he's let the foot of the throttle and moved away from setting up defensively and it's working wonders.

Both he and Iraola are good examples of waiting 10-15 games in the season because you'll start to see the real team come together.

adamwest

Dyche doing a fantastic job it has to be said. Team has character and fight. Fair play