The match is on Sky Sports 1 from 4pm.

Referee: Mark Clattenburg

Confirmed line-ups:

De Gea
Jones Smalling Evans Buttner
Fletcher Carrick
Nani Mata Kagawa

Rooney(c)
Subs - Lindegard, Giggs, Hernandez, Welbeck, Valencia, Fellaini, Januzaj.

Everton:

Howard(c)
Coleman Distin Stones Baines
Barkley
Barry McCarthy Mirallas

Naismith
Lukaku
Subs: Robles, Hibbert, McGeady, Deulofeu, Osman, Garbutt, Alcaraz.
Injury news:

Rooney declared fit.
Rafael, Evans and RVP will miss the game.
Fellaini is back again.

I will keep editing this post with more news as updates come in.

Last edited:

saivet

A must win, it doesn't mean much in terms of the table but for I feel it will be a psychological boost, in terms of progress. If we draw I'd hope it's a draw whereby we come away thinking "how didn't we win that?".

Mystry

Friendship is magic
This could get messy. Will be nice to see Mata and Kagawa continue to develop their understanding though. Hopefully the latter doesn't need a rest, or judged to need a rest.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Will be a tougher game than the one at OT most likely (Odd to say that). We play Sunderland on Saturday and Palace on Wednesday before this. I hope we go into this game 12 points ahead of you (Odd to say that too), would be cracking if we did but it will be tough to do so. I think this one will be a draw anyway.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Go with what worked well against Newcastle. Stick with something for once.

binary bot
Hernandez
Kagawa Mata Nani
Carrick Cleverley
Evra Jones Smalling Rafael
De Gea

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Never was confident going to Goodison Park and its even worse this time around.

stevoc

I doubt anyone will need a rest we don't play everton for another 10 days, we don't have a game this weekend.
This could get messy. Will be nice to see Mata and Kagawa continue to develop their understanding though. Hopefully the latter doesn't need a rest, or judged to need a rest.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
A loss at Goodison following the let down in Munich could be costly for Moyes. He'll be back to square 0 with a loss here.

bucky

De Gea

Rafael - Smalling - Evans - Evra

Jones - Carrick

Welbeck - Mata - Kagawa

Hernandez​

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A loss at Goodison following the let down in Munich could be costly for Moyes. He'll be back to square 0 with a loss here.
Yup, the Everton fans will love it too. It could get nasty for Moyes if we don't play well.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Going to be the most humiliating day of the season in my opinion.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
If that comes to pass then he really should be sacked. I know Everton are doing well now that they are Moyes free but if the difference between Moyes and a good manager is so great that we expect to loser then he should be off.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It would be if we won our next two plus the game against you as it would mean we would be 15 points ahead (you would have a game in hand). I doubt that would happen though.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
If that comes to pass then he really should be sacked. I know Everton are doing well now that they are Moyes free but if the difference between Moyes and a good manager is so great that we expect to loser then he should be off.
Even if we were top of the league and in the Champions League and FA Cup semi finals, we were always losing this one. The day Moyes signed, everyone knew how this match was going to go.

Hope to be wrong but I can already see the headlines, they write themselves and their fans are going to love it.

An Irish Red

It would be if we won our next two plus the game against you as it would mean we would be 15 points ahead (you would have a game in hand). I doubt that would happen though.
No offence mate, but the fact that anyone is even discussing the possibility of Everton being fifteen points ahead of us shows how out of his depth he is.

I'm aware that it sounds really arrogant like but I'm really not meaning it to be.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why are we not playing this weekend? 11 days away is too long.

Rooney
Kagawa Mata Valencia
Carrick Jones
Evra Evans Smalling Rafael
De Gea
Think Fellaini will get sent off here, going back to Goodison, will probably get riled up and elbow somebody stupidly. If Rooney is still out then put Welbeck in his place. I wouldn't play Fellaini but Moyes will play him 100%. Rest of the team is actually pretty strong, put in Shaw, and 2 midfielders and that could be how we line up next season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
No offence mate, but the fact that anyone is even discussing the possibility of Everton being fifteen points ahead of us shows how out of his depth he is.

I'm aware that it sounds really arrogant like but I'm really not meaning it to be.
No, i agree with you. With how much you've spent on your squad and where you finished last season it's ridiculous (the same could be said for how far Liverpool were behind too, although they've blown everyone out of the water). It'd be ridiculously hilarious for us though if it happened.

stevoc

Rooney
Kagawa Mata Valencia
Carrick Jones
De Gea
Think Fellaini will get sent off here, going back to Goodison, will probably get riled up and elbow somebody stupidly. If Rooney is still out then put Welbeck in his place. I wouldn't play Fellaini but Moyes will play him 100%. Rest of the team is actually pretty strong, put in Shaw, and 2 midfielders and that could be how we line up next season.
Because we got knocked out of the FA Cup in our first game.

Gerald G

I'm numb. Of course I want us to win but I just want this season to end. I can't see the players being up for this. If we beat Bayern it'd be a different story. I think we will lose this just because Everton will give their all and we won't put much effort in, I hope I'm wrong. Play our strongest team if they're fit. Rooney in front of Kagawa, Mata + Valencia/Welbeck/Nani. Carrick--Fletcher in the middle. Smalling--Evans/Jones CB. Rafael RB. Evra or Buttner LB. If Rooney isn't 100% start Welbeck up top.

Gerald G

Rooney
Kagawa Mata Valencia
Carrick Jones
De Gea
Because we got knocked out of the FA Cup in our first game.
Nope it's because Hull are in the semi-final of the FA cup..

Winrar

I don't care about what happens in the league this season anymore, sadly. I've already observed our lifeless performances against Liverpool and City at OT. Surely it can't be worse, but who even knows in this train wreck of a season.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Should we probably use this time to may be showcase some players instead? Barring a major collapse by more than one team we don't have any risk of gaining places. Might as well give some break to players who will be playing in the summer and give more time to the likes of Januzaz to develop.

Lindegaard
Rafael Smalling Jones Buttner
Cleverley Fellaini
Nani Mata Januzaz
Hernandez​

Gerald G

Should we probably use this time to may be showcase some players instead? Barring a major collapse by more than one team we don't have any risk of gaining places. Might as well give some break to players who will be playing in the summer and give more time to the likes of Januzaz to develop.

Lindegaard
Rafael Smalling Jones Buttner
Cleverley Fellaini
Nani Mata Januzaz
Hernandez​
Not away to Everton.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
[quiet voiceover, birds chirping]

You were married for a long time. It wasn't perfect living in that little place. There wasn't enough money to get all the things you wanted, but you made it work. And one day a rich, powerful woman walked into your life and told you to move in with her and live in her big mansion. She saw something special in you that no one else did. So you dropped your wife and even took one of the dogs, the one with the frizzy black hair, on the way out the door. Now you had money to buy anything you fancied.

It's been a year and it hasn't really turned out as expected. Friends tell you that the ex-wife has never been happier, she's found a younger man and things are looking up for their future. She's positively glowing by all accounts. You don't want to let on that you're making your new wife absolutely miserable in that huge house. She bought you a Ferrari but you can hardly drive it so it sits off to the side in the garage. To make matters worse you have to drag the new wife along to a social obligation at the old place you once shared with your ex-wife. The days are ticking down and yes, he will be there. Her new husband who is living in your old house, bringing her to new heights. You're feeling defensive but also confused about what to do. It's so hard making decisions.

[booming announcer voice]

NEXT ON SKY SPORTS! THE MOYES SUPER BOWL!

stevoc

I think the 10 day break could help, if we played everton this weekend after tonight id be sure we would lose.

We might still lose mind, what a difference a year makes everton are better than us.

ricky-romeo

---------------de gea------------------
rafael----smalling----jones--------buttner
---------carrick-----fellaini------------
-----kagawa----mata------januzaj-----
--------------rooney------------------

Raoul

Admin
Staff
--------------de gea------------------
rafael----smalling----jones--------buttner
---------carrick-----fellaini------------
-----kagawa----mata------Nani-----
--------------Rooney------------------

Wouldn't be surprised if Nani is on the bench in favor of Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.