Every player's wages

Davie Moyes

I seem to remember The Athletic reporting that Sancho was given wages of £250k plus bonuses when he signed.
Now that makes more sense as it's in the ball-park region of Rashford's and Martial's wages. Otherwise I just can't get my head around him being paid the 350k that seems to be reported in most places. I know we overpay but that's way above the rest (apart from DDG).

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Mason income shows how much wrong there used to be in this club. Insane.

A few others too when i think of it.
How so?? Mason was a badass for us and had an incredible future ahead of him. Jadon Sancho on the other hand, woof, what a terrible deal for us. That guy simply isn't that good and will never make it for us in a way that justifies that level of salary.

Bondi77

He did like so many others, having a great first season.. then it got rough, he was absolutely not continuing hes hot run. By the time he got arrested he was beeing very poor. Very...

Even the likes of Rashford was way ahead when it comes to raw talent.

Im not SAF or anything so i might be wrong, but he would never ever become on the same level as the new boys out there. The Napoli guys, Mbappe, Haaland, Alvarez, Vini, Musliera there raw talent is just completely on another level.

And that is what the big clubs look into. Not a Mason Greenwood.
His all round game was better in his second season while not scoring as many goals so I do not know what you were watching.
To bracket Alvarez and a couple of those others with Mbappe has to be one of the funniest things I have read on this site.

cyril C

I don't know how clued up Spotrac are on this stuff, they are mostly a US site - very good for the stuff like the NFL where all this stuff is public knowledge, but I doubt they have a great amount of insight here.

That said, a lot of this is probably right. I'm still surprised by the reporting that Martial is on £250k p/w, I can't really think of a point where he was ever good enough to get that type of payrise.

I think Shaw is likely on more now with the new contract.

Some of this I'm sure is incentive based, Brandon Williams for example I'm pretty sure a bulk of this is related to playing and that's NOT his basic salary.

Sabitzer's I'm assuming is a % of his wages being paid for by the club, if not and they're covering 100% and that's ACTUALLY what he's on, that's crazy and just shows the difference between the PL and other leagues.

Also where the feck did they get these numbers for Maguire and Heaton? :lol:
Agree. I also absolutely dis-believe Sancho can be on 300K+ contract. Practically his 1st major contract, are we stupid enough to pay him that much? Casemiro & Varane, I can understand.

Red Stone

Maguire started at 200k, but gets £1 subtracted from his weekly wage every time he misses a free header.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'd like a set wage structure - with outstanding anomalies allowed, of which we have none I'd argue - where there is a ceiling for the top earners and that could be sweetened with a x % pay rise in a season in which you are the Premier League champions and you've played an x amount of games in getting us there. Same for winning the CL.

We can't be spending the most on wages and winning feck all.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Granacho only on 50k whilst McTominary gets 60k is mad.

Marinez seems underpaid whilst Ericksen is probably on what you'd expect.

Plastic Evra

Granacho only on 50k whilst McTominary gets 60k is mad.
Is it though ? McTominay has been a pro for 6-7 years now, at United, he must at least signed an extension at one point (?) . He made a very respectable 210+ appearances for the club, possibly will finish in the top 50 of players who played the most in the colours or thereabout even if he leaves in the Summer (already has more than Park, Cantona, Welbeck, Yorke, etc...)*.

Even if you think he's mediocre to a little shite, it's an incredibly cheap wage (if accurate) by United standards -from what we know-. Only the sub keepers, lads you can still call fresh from the Academy & Evans are making the same or less.

Although Varane and Casemiro have arguments for their (alleged) wages and you can't fault them on their professionalism and play level, I'd hope we can avoid stretching the wage structure so far in the future.

* Maybe not true if measured by minutes.

RedDevil@84

I don't know how accurate this is, but it's guaranteed to have plenty of people spitting feathers.

Not really. From some strange reason, many posters pick and choose what salaries they would believe, though all of them comes from the same source.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Ffs I wish I got paid insane sums weekly whilst I constantly disappointed my bosses.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Whilst a rather amateur video, at least they got Sancho's wages correct.

0le

The spelling in that video reminds me of this post:
RIVALDO WAS A GREAT PLAYER BUT A DIFFICULT PERSONALITY
HE CLASHED WITH LVG BECAUSE HE WAS SHIFTED TO THE WING EVENTHOUGH HE WON BALLON DO'R IN THAT POSITION
TOUGH PERSONALITY ? HE STILL WON PLENTY CLUB AND NATIONLEVEL
NATION
NATION
NATION LEVEL
NATIONAL LEVEL
NATIONAL LEVEL

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
What is the source to know the "real" salary of Sancho or for that matter any player.
The player?

Sancho's wages were reported at the time by the Athletic, which was back in the day when their reporting was professional and not reliant on tifo videos.

HookedOnAPhelan

The pronunciation is somehow far worse than the spelling though.

Edit: To the point it has to be a pisstake, surely?

Last edited:

Bwuk

It’s insane if we are paying Antony 200k a week.

He wouldn’t of been on a quarter of that at Ajax.

Bobski

McT on 60K a week has been known for a while but all Summer you had people crying about him not leaving because he wanted to protect his huge salary at Utd. He should be looking to move for career progression and to bump his wages up, he is not staying at Utd for the wage.

60K is still a stupid amount of money by any normal standard of course.

CloneMC16

McTominay should sack his agent. I don't think he's very good, but he has a lot of appearances for the club. In comparison to other players, he's being underpaid.

A bunch of those lads are well overpaid, though. Amongst the highest earners, only Bruno is worth what he's paid.

Skills

Snitch
It’s insane if we are paying Antony 200k a week.

He wouldn’t of been on a quarter of that at Ajax.
£80m player comes with that sort of salary. If he didn't, his agent would be a fool.

Whole transfer was a shitshow all around

Apokalips

Is it though ? McTominay has been a pro for 6-7 years now, at United, he must at least signed an extension at one point (?) . He made a very respectable 210+ appearances for the club, possibly will finish in the top 50 of players who played the most in the colours or thereabout even if he leaves in the Summer (already has more than Park, Cantona, Welbeck, Yorke, etc...)*.

Even if you think he's mediocre to a little shite, it's an incredibly cheap wage (if accurate) by United standards -from what we know-. Only the sub keepers, lads you can still call fresh from the Academy & Evans are making the same or less.

Although Varane and Casemiro have arguments for their (alleged) wages and you can't fault them on their professionalism and play level, I'd hope we can avoid stretching the wage structure so far in the future.

* Maybe not true if measured by minutes.
What a depressing thought, McTominay in the top 50 most appearances!

You're right though, why would Garnacho be above McTominay in earnings after one season in the first team as not a guaranteed starter vs someone with 200 odd games. On one hand people want us to stop rewarding players fat contracts too early but on the other hand surprised at Garnacho being on 50k.

pascell

It does seem a bit extreme. We could have started him on 80, say, and renegotiated at the end of this season.

Also, if McT is on a 'reasonable' 60, I don't see why we could sell him for mid 40s in the summer.
Probably his wage demands with the club that were interested in signing him.