Every team that won the league had a top class goalkeeper

dinostar77

De Gea is a top keeper. For four years on the trot he was our player of the year. God only knows where we would have finished in those years without him.

Hopefully now his girlfriend has moved to Manchester with his child from spain, that his home life will be more settled and the competition from Henderson and Heaton will get him back to his best. He has alot of years left at top flight. Still an elite keeper who can make saves only other elite keepers can make.

sparx99

De Gea is a top keeper. For four years on the trot he was our player of the year. God only knows where we would have finished in those years without him.

Hopefully now his girlfriend has moved to Manchester with his child from spain, that his home life will be more settled and the competition from Henderson and Heaton will get him back to his best. He has alot of years left at top flight. Still an elite keeper who can make saves only other elite keepers can make.
The problem with De Gea for me is that he’s better when he’s busy. Look at his form under defensive coaches while we were under pressure. During that same period of time he would make horrendous blunders for Spain who were busy largely dominating possession and so he had little to do.

I think as we get better at defending our goal and therefore he has less shots to save I think he gets bored or something and loses concentration. For years coaches/players spoken about how playing GK for a top side requires a special talent of delivering saves when you’ve had little to do.