Everyone Is Talking Nonsense About English Arrogance But No One Is Congratulating England For Smashing Every Single Team In The Tournament

ROFLUTION

1. Who's ever called England arrogant?
2. When did they smash it? Ukraine? Congrats.

Great defence, ill give you that

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I would not call today’s match against a less talanted team a smashing. Bailed out by a questionable ref call.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
crab.. bucket.. you trying to hard mate. I said that in a Sean Bean voice.

Tony Babangida

It’s true, loads of criticism for arrogance but almost no acknowledgement that this England side are one of the greatest sides to ever grace the international stage.

Womp

idiot
:lol:

Gotta love Pat.

Back on topic: think it has to do with the nature of the win. No matter who wins, decisions like that, especially for teams that are the underdogs just kills some of the passion imo. Not the player's faults that VAR is fecking rubbish, though.

Just such a terrible implementation of a system that is supposedly supposed to stop this shite from happening.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Did England smash Scotland??
Yes, Mel Gibson made a documentary on it. You can watch it on YouTube if you search "Braveheart William Wallace death scene".

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
:lol:

Gotta love Pat.

Back on topic: think it has to do with the nature of the win. No matter who wins, decisions like that, especially for teams that are the underdogs just kills some of the passion imo. Not the player's faults that VAR is fecking rubbish, though.

Just such a terrible implementation of a system that is supposedly supposed to stop this shite from happening.
It didn't stop that free kick being given or that back pass.

Womp

idiot
It didn't stop that free kick being given or that back pass.
Also didn't account for two balls being on the pitch or what I thought was Kane throwing himself on the ground to try and win a penalty. Both teams got calls in their favour, which relates back to the original point. The whole justification for this system was to cut out these mistakes, yet if anything they're happening more often. Good idea, terrible implementation.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Also didn't account for two balls being on the pitch or what I thought was Kane throwing himself on the ground to try and win a penalty. Both teams got calls in their favour, which relates back to the original point. The whole justification for this system was to cut out these mistakes, yet if anything they're happening more often. Good idea, terrible implementation.
My issue is people ignoring all the luck Denmark had in that game, just completely ignoring the bad calls that went their way because they hate England. That's my issue.

Womp

idiot
My issue is people ignoring all the luck Denmark had in that game, just completely ignoring the bad calls that went their way because they hate England. That's my issue.
Don't think (or at least hope) it's not because of hate for England. Think people just preferred Denmark to go through given the story around them with Eriksen, plus everyone loves an underdog story. Football is tribal. England fans won't give a feck whether or not that was a legitimate pen as they are through, whereas other fans who were invested in another team will feel hard done by

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality

It's basically about game theory and how the lowlifes will always try to bring down anyone trying to be successful: In this case England.
:lol: :lol: You smashed Ukraine, narrowly defeated the other teams as required, and will be worthy tournament winners if you beat Italy.

Group stages you had a fairly easy run, Germany in the last 16 was incredibly difficult for that stage especially given the history, QF and SF have been quite fortunate, final will/should be brutally tough.

Sylar

Only 1 goal conceded going into the final
The Italians would be so proud

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This is just what happens when you're the best. Just look at how United gained haters for smashing everyone.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Why do you care what other people think of England or the fact that England should be congratulated ? Enjoy your win and that's it.
A lot of (insecure) people seek validation from nobodies.
When France won the WC, I couldn't give a shit about what happened during the final or who it pissed off.

DoomSlayer

This is just what happens when you're the best. Just look at how United gained haters for smashing everyone.
True to an extent, though England haven't been the best in a very long while.

Very happy for the team and especially our United lads, proud of Maguire's and Shaw's performance.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
I do not know anyone that hates England or anything, but here people think all the home games for England is not fair. And that the penalty was too harsh and that the laser pen and other supporter actions was maybe not the most charming stuff. England was the best team, no doubt. A great team. But you guys would not have liked being put out of the Semi by a penalty like that either. Could have been the other way around. Maybe will be some other time, maybe already in the finals, who knows with referees these days.

redrobed

Way too much of our Utd fanbase also happens to support England for my liking.

SuperiorXI

It took one of the greatest free kicks you'll ever see to even score against England, we've been the best team by far, it's not even a debate.

L1nk

You've consistently been one of the worst footballing nations at international tournaments for many many years, yet you act like you are entitled to win it every time, that's why people hate England, it's the self delusion that you are the best, not because you are actually the best.

Scraping through matches
Sterling dive to win a semi final
England fans booing other nations anthems
England fans booing kneeling
England fans mocking a crying German girl

I could go on, but you get the point, this is what all the other nations see, it certainly is not jealousy when most other good footballing nations have been more successful than you since that one time you won a World Cup