Expectations for season 2023/2024

Todd

Mental how many here expect a title challenge this season.
Nobody is going to be challenging City for the title this season, let alone us. I think we'll see them win the league by 10+ points this season, unless several of their world class players sustain long-term injuries.

Red & White

I can’t believe we’ve got the same amount of points as we did at the same stage last season. That start last season was awful. The performances don’t leave you with much hope, along with the ever growing injury list, but let’s see how we perform after the international break.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I am changing my opinion. 5th place and League cup win is something which i expect right now. No way that we hit 80 points this year or go far in CL.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
4/1 at the bookies for top 4 already. 6/5 for top 6.

More than double you're money on us to finish top 6 and it still doesn't look a good bet.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
To develop a proper and distinct style and
in our attacking and build-up play. Forget the results. Just want to see the basics nailed first

Im not expecting a top half finish this season and I don’t expect us to get out of our CL group

RazorOz

Biggest problem in terms of top 4 is that although we started poorly last season, a number of the other contenders were also poor, Liverpool and Tottenham, those teams look far better this season, so competition to finish top 4 is going to be tougher. Based on what we've seen it's really hard to see a top 4 finish.

Yorke to Cole

At the start of the season, I felt that we could really progress and the beginning of the transfer window in terms of getting players in, but it started to turn as soon as Maguire , McTominay and Van De Beek stalled over moves away from the club.

That meant as Gary Neville said, we were "scrambling for players" in the few day of the transfer window.

Then came the complete played out in public Greenwood non announcement and the dithering of that has unsettled the balance in terms of assumption of what we going to have as forward options.

Then there is the twin issues of Sancho and Antony occurring at the same time as each other. Our off the field issues have completely disrupted any preparation alongside the injury crisis.

All of this under the umbrella of the ownership issues which has uncovered the fact that staff working around the club are unhappy.

I would take 8th with signs of improvement towards the end of the season in terms of a settled team going forward. Youth players being given a chance and all off the field issues dealt with decisively and professionally without hysteria from social media etc.

Stacks

At the start of the season, I felt that we could really progress and the beginning of the transfer window in terms of getting players in, but it started to turn as soon as Maguire , McTominay and Van De Beek stalled over moves away from the club.

That meant as Gary Neville said, we were "scrambling for players" in the few day of the transfer window.

Then came the complete played out in public Greenwood non announcement and the dithering of that has unsettled the balance in terms of assumption of what we going to have as forward options.

Then there is the twin issues of Sancho and Antony occurring at the same time as each other. Our off the field issues have completely disrupted any preparation alongside the injury crisis.

All of this under the umbrella of the ownership issues which has uncovered the fact that staff working around the club are unhappy.

I would take 8th with signs of improvement towards the end of the season in terms of a settled team going forward. Youth players being given a chance and all off the field issues dealt with decisively and professionally without hysteria from social media etc.
standards really in the bin huh? so basically you want the manager fired

Yorke to Cole

standards really in the bin huh? so basically you want the manager fired
They should take a leaf out of Arsenal's book and stick with the manager and let get rid of all the players surplus to requirements. Do you honestly believe United are going to finish top 5? Not a chance, they do not have recognised goal scorer and have injuries across the back line.

You may aswell I present a playing style and see which youth players and which players are available to come next summer who will then carry this out throughout next season. Hopefully, against the backdrop of an ownership change.

That is rooting out the problem which will serve us better next term.

Stacks

They should take a leaf out of Arsenal's book and stick with the manager and let get rid of all the players surplus to requirements. Do you honestly believe United are going to finish top 5? Not a chance, they do not have recognised goal scorer and have injuries across the back line.

You may aswell I present a playing style and see which youth players and which players are available to come next summer who will then carry this out throughout next season. Hopefully, against the backdrop of an ownership change.

That is rooting out the problem which will serve us better next term.
But the manager has invested close to 450million in 2 seasons. In the starting line up we had the £70million CF he signed and would have had the £86 million RWF he also signed had he not had off field issues. This same player does not score in the league. His midfield signings also look a little suspect, Would you trust him with lots of money under new ownership? We'd end up signing Xavi Simons and Luk De Jong for £200 million

Todd

I think our best hope at this point is to make sure we finish 3rd in the group so we drop into the Europa, and hope that by the knockout stage of that we've got a functional squad, because winning the Europa is our best chance of making CL next season.

tomaldinho1

Same as before. It’s on ETH and the players now, got to find a way to start scoring goals.

Jezpeza

Thought when all was settled on the transfer window we would struggle to get top 4. No chance in Champions league and cups depend on the draw.

i’d revise that now to us being lucky to avoid something like the Ole RR season.

soapythecat

My expectations have quickly diminished. I don’t think we have the squad to make top 4/5, given how mentally weak and scared of bulging nets they are.
I’m at the point where we might as well do a Chelsea and finish outside of any meaningful European competition next season and hope that pushes the Glazers to sell up. Be nice to see this bunch of players lose their CL money too.

astracrazy

To develop a proper and distinct style and
in our attacking and build-up play. Forget the results. Just want to see the basics nailed first

Im not expecting a top half finish this season and I don’t expect us to get out of our CL group
What??

Josh 76

I think our best hope at this point is to make sure we finish 3rd in the group so we drop into the Europa, and hope that by the knockout stage of that we've got a functional squad, because winning the Europa is our best chance of making CL next season.
Liverpool wining the EL.

Todd

Liverpool wining the EL.
They definitely should be winning it, but our chances of beating them over two legs or in a one-off final are probably better than attaining a level over 38 league matches good enough to get us into the top 4 come May.

Slight chance of getting 5th, which might get us into CL depending on the rules now, but we'd really have to get our shit together and also we need some luck with the injury crisis.