Ezequiel Lavezzi: I rejected Chelsea, Manchester United and Inter Milan… I like the money in China!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Fair enough too. Short career and all that.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Fair enough. Always seemed like a bit of a playboy then I remember seeing those leaked photos on an Airplane(?) :lol:
All this money, he's probably bathing in Chinese pussy as we speak

VanGaalEra

I'd do the same. That money at his stage in his career, mental to turn down.

Robbie Boy

I think it's the "project in developing the club" that really swung it for him.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
But he'd get big payday at any of the other clubs too, plus much better competitions. I am poor, that's true, so I just maybe don't understand properly differences between being very rich and very very rich.

ChaddyP

Always thought the same. If im not one of the top 10 players in the world why am i gonna take a pay cut to play in a "top" league when i can get mega rich playing football against some wankers in China. Always seemed an easy choice for someone like me:lol:

ChaddyP

But he'd get big payday at any of the other clubs too, plus much better competitions. I am poor, that's true, so I just maybe don't understand properly differences between being very rich and very very rich.

too much money aint enough money - Lil Wayne

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He's obviously been offered a decent amount more there, otherwise he wouldn't make the comment.

If he's gonna be hanging up his boots in five years then make hay while the sun shines.

Bwuk

I don't blame him at all. He'd had his big European move. He probably pocketed plenty whilst at PSG, and I doubt anyone else in Europe would pay him half of what he's earning in China.

The rumours of Rooney being offered 500k a year to move to China - it'd be madness on his part not too. He's reached his peak contract with us, he won't get another payrise here.

Smores

The amount of players we seem to have gone for but failed to sign, kinda suggests Louis himself wasn't happy with the small squad at all.

He's right to go to China though, if you're not fighting at the top then why bother when you can get paid handsomely to enjoy a new culture. Even those less cultured such as Wayne would enjoy it with their being a McDonald's and KFC on nearly every corner

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Thank feck he finally moved to China. Chelsea have been linked to him in every transfer window for years now and none of us wanted him. Bit like the Hulk rumors.

paulscholes18

I don't blame him at all. He'd had his big European move. He probably pocketed plenty whilst at PSG, and I doubt anyone else in Europe would pay him half of what he's earning in China.

The rumours of Rooney being offered 500k a year to move to China - it'd be madness on his part not too. He's reached his peak contract with us, he won't get another payrise here.
Is it worth Rooney moving to China, he's on around 300k a week here is it worth moving a young family for an extra 200k a week, let's be honest what can you do with 500k p/w what you can't do with 300k p/w.

If I was a footballer I would rather win league and cups on 100k a week then win nothing on more, children and grandchildren would rather look at medals then pay checks.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Its Lavezzi.. he's had a pretty decent career, played at World cup.. he's pretty much maxed out his career and is 30 - so do not blame him one bit.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Remembered him being linked with Liverpool many moons ago, and I was devastated.

Feck. How time goes by so fast.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Good news for everyone:

- Lavezzi : he will earn a reported £12 million a year against 6 million in the past
- Manchester United: no need for a player in sharp decline
- PSG: unexpected received sum of €6m for a player whose contract expires next summer and his best days were undoubtedly at Napoli and were rarely if never replicated at PSG
- PSG's supporters: more game time for players like Pastore and youth (Augustin for instance)
- Laurent Blanc: less frustration in the dressing room
- Chinese owners would say to their people " Oh! Wait! Ladies and gentlemen, we are honored to welcome the modern MARADONA"

To sum up, when asked about his departure, the players/coach/president all complimented his happy, joking demeanour and how it will be missed in the changing room BUT no one mentioned his influence on the pitch !

Last edited:

Oddboy

This thread prompted me to have a look around: Turns out Asamoah fecking Gyan is on £230,000 a week. That is pure madness. Are there an other bang average players on such sums out there?

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Feck playing in the Chinese league, no offence intended.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Crazy money, that's almost 3/4's of Wayne's yearly wage.

It's a short career and all that but we could have put him on big money, not that big but prob on a par with Fellaini, Young, Schneiderlin around £100k-£120k a week and offered him European football almost every year.

You have to question if he was wise to reject us, is his place in the Argentina squad now gone too? They're hardly going to send the manager to watch him in the Chinaman's league while if he was here at least he wouldn't be forgotten about.

Winrar

well of course european clubs would be mad to pay him over 200k per week, he's had a decent career up until now so I don't blame him for maximizing his pay check

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I'm shocked someone who went to psg for their amazing project wants to go to china for money!
What trauma was it that made this complete turnaround in his personality?