FA Cup 3rd round fixtures (5th - 8th Jan 2018) | Replays - 16th, 17th January 2018

Phil

Can I just say the BBC coverage has been consistently shit. Showing everything but the game.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
VVD looks what I thought. Good player, nothing more. 75m is double his value.
He is overpriced. No doubt. But then again his value is dictated by how much we need him. Not by how much he would be valuable for a better defense, say, City.

He is nothing special. Certainly worth nothing like 75m. Got skinned by Bolasie, gave the ball away sloppily and scored thanks to a keeping error.
Once again, he might not be anything special in the absolute sense. What matters is how much improvement he brings to OUR performances. Don't know why you can't get this simple fact.

Edit: Then again, You might never get it, because you are just a troll without any objective insight.

From a goalkeeping error..

He was ok. Nothing more. Not 75m
Ok troll, how about you try to answer something with real objectivity and insight. NOBODY is saying he is worth 70m for every/any team. It doesn't matter as long as he improves us considerably.

You're trying too hard here.

No defenders live up to their price tag over the course of one game.
Let him be mate, he just likes trolling on Liverpool threads. I don't even think he means what he posts.

Agree. Of all people we shouldn't be constantly mentioning the 75m. I hated it when people did that to Pogba, as if he had any say in that.
Sure, VVD isn't worth 75m but does that change anything about him? Played a good debut match, whether he cost 20m or 100m.
Thank you. Exactly what I have been trying to say.

They don't seem to like the fact they have spent a world record fee for a defender on a player that isn't even the best in England, let alone the world.
Ok troll/wum, no Liverpool fan definitely says he is the best in England, forget the world. But what we do kind of agree on is that he will be quite invaluable if he improves our defence considerably. Are you even capable of an objective/rational/logical discussion.

Last edited:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We need a new keeper. Karius has been slow reacting all night.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Robertson was fantastic. I hope Moreno doesn’t come back in straight away.

Wayne's World

I think I'd rather see City smash Liverpool next weekend then for them to end their unbeaten record...

And Everton are a joke, absolute pointless against Liverpool. Waste of everyone's time

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Liverpool more likely to go out at home to Tranmere than Everton. It’s incredible how much they have their number. Everton haven’t won their this century for Christ sake. So pathetic.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Mate, it's been 1 game... He literally just scored the winner too
Yeah how much is that next round worth? Already knocked 2-3M off the fee.

Given how many f´n corners Liverpool have every game that resulted in nothing, that threat alone makes him highly valuable.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Predictable that Liverpool and United would have gone through. Everton always lose against them.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
He is nothing special. Certainly worth nothing like 75m. Got skinned by Bolasie, gave the ball away sloppily and scored thanks to a keeping error.
Thought he was solid apart from getting done once by Bolasie. No, not worth £75 million, but a much needed addition.

Not sure I saw him give the ball away much? Lost a couple of headers he maybe should’ve won.

TheReligion

Abusive
Thought he was solid apart from getting done once by Bolasie. No, not worth £75 million, but a much needed addition.

Not sure I saw him give the ball away much? Lost a couple of headers he maybe should’ve won.
He was good in the air. Didn't see much of the brilliant ball player though.

Good player but just massively over priced and overrated.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
VVD got done once, otherwise did what he had to do and then scored the winner. Not sure how much more you can ask for from a debut.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Robertson was fantastic. I hope Moreno doesn’t come back in straight away.
Roberston is a cracking little player. He's an old school type of full back and it's lovely to see a Scottish player again at Liverpool.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool

Not sure if this is the right time to be pushing your agenda. He just scored a last minute derby winner.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not sure if this is the right time to be pushing your agenda. He just scored a last minute derby winner.
Agenda? I keep saying he's a good player but nothing like the best in the league let alone the world.

He headed into an empty net after a keeping error. Top stuff Virg

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I think I'd rather see City smash Liverpool next weekend then for them to end their unbeaten record...

And Everton are a joke, absolute pointless against Liverpool. Waste of everyone's time
I didn’t feel this way a few weeks ago but I do now. The last thing we need is a dogfight for 2nd. City are going to win the league, so I’d rather they take points off all our rivals so we can focus more on the CL and FA Cup.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool

I don’t think we bought him for his passing. Statistically he’s the best CB in the league at winning aerial duels (something that has been a weakness for us) and he’s something like third best when it comes to interceptions (something important for any side that tries to play a pressing game like we do).

His passing isn’t any better than any of our other CB’s apparently.

I recently watched the below which helped me understand why Klopp wanted him (out of the CB’s available).

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
So it wasn't an error?
you're just coming across a tad too desperate to downplay his performance. No one is shouting 'that's what a 75m centreback looks like!'

He had a very good game.

Lan

Best bit of the BBC coverage was the replay at the end of the Everton fan on crutches jumping up and down waving them in the air after their goal. :lol: And Peter Reid was like..he won't get his benefits now, he's been caught. :lol:

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Best bit of the BBC coverage was the replay at the end of the Everton fan on crutches jumping up and down waving them in the air after their goal. :lol: And Peter Reid was like..he won't get his benefits now, he's been caught. :lol:
Apparently that was Danny Murphy.

Dolf

you're just coming across a tad too desperate to downplay his performance. No one is shouting 'that's what a 75m centreback looks like!'

He had a very good game.
Agree. Of all people we shouldn't be constantly mentioning the 75m. I hated it when people did that to Pogba, as if he had any say in that.
Sure, VVD isn't worth 75m but does that change anything about him? Played a good debut match, whether he cost 20m or 100m.

Rafateria

Religion being the WUM we all know and love hahaha !

Van Dijk v Everton:

5 Aerial Duels won (more than anyone)
79 Touches (Second most on the pitch)
2 Shots on target (More than anyone)
1 Goal.
2 Interceptions (Most for Liverpool)
62 Passes (More than anyone on the field)
4 Long Passes (More than anyone for Liverpool).

cyberman

To be fair to Religion it's not exactly the first time we've seen him play.

TheReligion

Abusive

He had a very good game.
I'm just being real with you. I can see why you're all raving as you haven't had a half decent centre half since Carragher.

The bigger picture is though he's nothing special.

AlwaysTheKop

Supports
Liverpool
That Everton fan throwing both his crutches into the air and running down to celebrate after their goal, someone’s not getting their benefits tomorrow! Anyone got a gif?

TheReligion

Abusive

Van Dijk v Everton:

1 Goal.
You didn't mention Bolasie mugging him off, misplaced passes and the fact he scored a header in an open goal due to a goalkeeping calamity.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Van Dijk v Everton:

1 Goal.
Very much surprised that he got 79 touches and came second, same for 62 passes and came first. Were your attackers that bad ?

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
You didn't mention Bolasie mugging him off, misplaced passes and the fact he scored a header in an open goal due to a goalkeeping calamity.
Bolasie beat him once, hardly a mugging off is it?

His passing wasn’t as bad as you’re making it out to be either.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Very much surprised that he got 79 touches and came second, same for 62 passes and came first. Were your attackers that bad ?
Yes. Some very sloppy passing from the likes of Lallana, Mane, Can etc. Lallana looked well off the pace.

Rafateria

I don't need to .. you love to exaggerate so we'll go with all of those just to keep you happy shall we ?

TheReligion

Abusive
I don't need to .. you love to exaggerate so we'll go with all of those just to keep you happy shall we ?
What have I exaggerated?

You guys should know alot about goalkeeping errors with the pair of clowns in your squad. Pickford flopped and VVD headed into an empty net. It's a fact.

Claude Cat

Supports
Liverpool
They don't seem to like the fact they have spent a world record fee for a defender on a player that isn't even the best in England, let alone the world.
And Pogba was either of those things?