FA Cup 4th Round

Laphroaig

I csan't decide if a draw is a good or bad result.

It will force Liverpool to play an extra game inbetween Wigan (a) and Chelsea (h)
Great. That'll be three difficult matches. Four points is the maximum they'll get from Wigan and Chelsea, and I suspect less.

This is their third draw in a row, and they haven't looked well in any of those.

RapidRed

Jesus f'in Christ! If every team in the world played like Everton, football would be called "the painfully ugly" game.

I honestly don't think theres another top flight team so utterly incapable of keeping possession or creating even a hint of a goalscoring opportunity from open play.

I'd rather watch Stoke, honestly.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Right yeah, sorry

They have an extra game inbetween Chelsea (h) and Pompey (a)

Which is still good, as it might make Pompey tougher than what it might have been

x42bn6

Jesus f'in Christ! If every team in the world played like Everton, football would be called "the painfully ugly" game.

I honestly don't think theres another top flight team so utterly incapable of keeping possession or creating even a hint of a goalscoring opportunity from open play.

With no strikers, Everton have few forward passing outlets, which is why they were stuck aplenty, simply giving the ball away.

Everton seemed loathe to use the middle, however - some very underutilised central midfielders there.

atom smasher

Just saw a replay of Everton's goal. That clever little cnut Cahill was off the pitch and then 'tiptoed' on to be unmarked.

Also Howard should have had Gerrard's goal.

Great result for us anyway.

redwhiteblack

they've been playing with no striker for about a month. they earned a draw in the PL at Anfield with no strikers!

they were playing today for the reply. and they got it.

good on them. and very good for us. don't look the gift horse in the mouth!