FA Cup 5th Round Draw | Away to Chelsea

Eric7C

At least, we didn't get Millwall away. That would have been another smashed bus and a few injured United fans.

Mcking

Imagine if we beat Chelsea and City get knocked out. Anyway I'd like our next tie to be City if they advance and we beat Chelsea. Might as well knocked 'em all out before the final.

Bojan11

Not sure all the moaning.

Beat them and only City can stop us realistically. Really good chance to win the cup.

Redlyn

City are fecking loving this. Us taking all the hits for them.

LInkash

This sucks, another top4 rival to knock out and lighten the fixture load of.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
I'd prefer it to be a home game or City vs Chelsea, but this is still another excuse for a few beers win or lose!

Also if we go out it's less games and if we win then City would be the only real challenge left.

cyberman

Of course we may get a result but for me realistically

Chelsea fixtures around that

EL - Malmo
FAC - Man Utd
EL - Malmo

Man United fixtures

CL - PSG
FAC - Chelsea
CL - PSG

nice easy Europa tie where players can be rested, Home advantage plus our shocking record at Stamford Bridge means sadly I think our FA Cup campaign is likely to come to an end.

Man City maintain their record of having comfortable draws in every competition, in every round this season
He won't rest anybody for the EL. Its not worth the risk.
That's more important than the FA cup. If anything they'll rest players against us.

Strachans Cigar

Love it.

Another really good test for the players during a transitional period for the club. Helps to properly evaluate the playing staff.

Think it’s all positive.

If we win in a fixture we don’t do well in historically - fantastic!

If we lose, our fixture list lightens in the battle for a top 4 place.

Will only be negative if we get a real hiding there & I’m confident we won’t.

peridigm

Not sure why everyone is moaning. This is exactly what we want in order to evaluate Ole. Plus, everyone moaning about Chelsea never getting a tough result. They draw us and people are still moaning. I bet you Sari is none to happy with the draw. I don't think many teams want to play us right now. We get a result against PSG in the first leg and then we'll do Chelsea. Watch this space!

2Bullish

Cannot say I'm to bothered, we are better than Chelsea, faster, better transition, better forwards, better midfield. Better goalkeeper. Our defence is suspect but I see goals, just we will score more. Bring it on.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
If you go on to win the Cup after this route you’ll deserve it.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We most certainly did. I think the last time you beat us at Stamford Bridge was about 8 years ago.
Surely not. We definitely beat you in Fergie's last season in charge and that was less than 8 years ago.

Makelele

Surely not. We definitely beat you in Fergie's last season in charge and that was less than 8 years ago.
@StamfordBridge Man United have recorded only one win in the last 15 years, and that came against a Chelsea team who finished the game with nine men in 2012.

Mint

I'l stop watching football if they keep fixing draws like this. The Emirates sponsor both the Fa Cup and Arsenal. How is this allowed?

ManUtdChampions

I think the game comes in an already tough schedule which I don't really like. As much as I like United and Ole to win a title this season, I think if we get a good result against PSG in the first leg and are still on good course to a top 4 finish, it would be the best if we just sacrifice the FA Cup and try to get that Champions League spot. :)

Anyways, we can win against Chelsea even with a mixed team. :D:D

Red_Aaron

That's a bollocks draw, I'd literally had taken anyone else anywhere else but we never ever get any feckin thing at the bridge. This Chelsea aren't even that good but we'll still get nothing. If Ole comes up with a win here give him a 10yr contract

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
That's a bollocks draw, I'd literally had taken anyone else anywhere else but we never ever get any feckin thing at the bridge. This Chelsea aren't even that good but we'll still get nothing. If Ole comes up with a win here give him a 10yr contract
It's a fecking pisser, only 2 top sides to avoid from 15 teams, but at the same time it's another challenge for Ole. As you say, let's imagine he comes through it with a win. The hype will just grow again, as will the morale and the confidence. It's another tough game for us to see how he is tactically, how he manages the team. I'm already convinced by him, but for those who aren't what better way to demonstrate his credentials than winning at a place where we've won twice in 17 years.

Eddy_JukeZ

Man I hate the Bridge. Just despise it.

We always play well there(bar that 4-0 debacle), but we just get robbed constantly.

DubaiReds

Had some great cup games v Utd over the years. 94 final which lets not talk about (when Kharine dived same way twice for each pen!!). 96, nice one Burley you plum. Always remember Pete's starjump trying to stop Ruud's header. Think it was Schmeichel anyway

98 was nuts, i think another 15-20mins and we'd have made that 5-5 :D
Yes 98 was outrageous we went up 5-0 I think with about 20 min to go them let them try to catch us!

No good moaning about hard fixtures this is what late winter and spring is all about - we need United to get seriously involved in these type of fixtures again. Also what is an easy cup draw? Doncaster at home? That could turn out to be a nightmare scenario.

carlosp

The draw means in the space of five weeks Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side will play Paris Saint-Germain twice in the Champions League, Liverpool (H), Arsenal (A) and Manchester City (H) in the Premier League, along with the FA Cup tie at Stamford Bridge.
Ouch!

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I wouldn't mind playing Chelsea when the schedule was decent but in that already busy and hard schedule, it's annoying. I'm sure we can beat them but our players will need rest at some point.

Irwin99

Ridiculous the bad luck we have. City actually have a decent chance at the domestic treble with the way things have panned out :(

We can beat Chelsea of course but it’s just another high intensity game at a time when we could have done with an easier tie

fallengt

I'd rather draw Liverpool to prevent them winning the title. Oh wait..

Joking aside with our poor records at the Bridge ole might want to give the kids a chance. UCL and top 4 are more important

peridigm

2-2 draw, back to OT for the replay with a 2-0 win. :devil:

Oh, and if we progress in the CL, get results against, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, and City. Ole HAS to be given the job. Anything else would be a travesty.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
PSG in the Champions League, Arsenal and Chelsea away in the FA Cup. That’s a spicy meatball!