PSG (H)
Chelsea (A)
Liverpool (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Southampton (H)
PSG (A)
Arsenal (A)
City (H)

If that's not the perfect audition for Ole, then what is it? 1 month ago when Jose was sacked and Ole was not appointed everyone wrote off the season. 5 weeks later everyone keeps saying Ole hasn't had a proper test. I am really excited about it. Accepting the challenge. We will have a great understanding of our squad strength, who is up for it and who is not, is Ole worthy of being offered the job. It's the best fixture list we could wish for.
City (H) will be moved to April, unless both teams lose in the 5th round.

RedDevilRoshi

I had a feeling we were going to get Chelsea and tbh, I’m delighted! It will be tough as it always is when we go to Stamford Bridge but I’ve got faith in this team that they can put in a performance and get a good result. Chelsea won’t exactly be jumping with joy that they have been paired with us as they know we are a different team under Ole than what we were under Jose. Bring these assholes on!

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Good. Would rather have been at home but it's another big challenge to be able to judge Ole a little better before the end of the season.

Red00012

2-2 draw, back to OT for the replay with a 2-0 win. :devil:

Oh, and if we progress in the CL, get results against, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, and City. Ole HAS to be given the job. Anything else would be a travesty.
No replays as far as I am aware

moodyred

Feels like the good old days where our draws are never easy.

We will beat Chelsea.

zenith

An easy draw at this stage or at least a home one would have been really benificial. Anyhow, guess our team selection at the time would depend on how close we are to the top four at that point of time.

Might be dealing with a lot of tired legs , by then

IrishGlen

I don’t think you can ever expect a team to win a Cup as it depends on who they draw. I’d usually measure expectation based on whether we should progress or not so if we were knocked out by Doncaster, the team should really have progressed so that’s a negative whereas getting City away and progressing could only be seen as an extraneous positive and not just meeting expectations!

Considering Ole is a caretaker and considering the circumstances he took over in, I feel that beating Arsenal (A) was probably the limit of expectations and if we drew City or Chelsea, we’d as a club have to give Ole and the team a pass and just hope he’s exceeds expectations.

It’s interesting regarding Ole and the Cups what’s par for the course or what’s exceeding expectations. At this moment in time, he’s exceeded expectations in the league, surely the club couldn’t expect him to beat PSG and how this draw affects expectations for the cup. Obviously, if the cup draw was akin to 15/16 we’d probably expect another FA Cup but it’s been difficult this year.

Just to say - I’m not saying we couldn’t beat Chelsea away, PSG, etc. In a normal season, expectations would be higher however it’s more me questioning what’s par for Ole and what’s exceeding expectations regarding the Cup!

Tony Clifton

Nice!

A second chance of beating Chelsea at their own ground this season makes the fixture even better—a win would be so much tastier, especially after what happened during the final moments of our last visit there.

Be sure of it: they will be the ones shitting their pants. Dear Ole and our players will relish this opportunity.

Mint

The money men wanted a good game for TV, so they fixed it. Not a difficult thing to do. If we win this game, Man Utd and City will be kept apart in the next draw until wel meet in the final.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Looking at that Bournemouth performance, it's easy to get complacent. They battered them for the 1st half then fell apart.

It's just important to play it like the Arsenal and Spurs games;suck them in and hit on the break, take the chances when they come.

They are really struggling with motivation under Sarri and it reminds me of us under Jose only not as toxic. However players are such flakes these days, they sulk for anything

Anak Portal

Interesting game

Well it's gonna be tough game but i believe we're gonna win that.
Seriously FA Cup will be only easy after this match

Last edited by a moderator:

Zlatattack

they're having a right mare at the moment, might be a good time to play them.

PoTMS

They could be playing hoofball in League 1 and I still wouldn't be confident playing them at Stamford Bridge. Our bogey team (that isn't called Burnley).

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
If we win the cup this year, it will certainly be the hard way. Tough draw even if Chelsea our out of form at the moment. Lets just hope Higuain doesn't choose this game to become a star...

PoTMS

KO confirmed for Monday night at 7.30pm. We play PSG 6 days before and Liverpool 6 days after.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
feck off with these weekday fa cup games. Basically going to have to follow text updates since watching it drains too much data on my phone

el3mel

KO confirmed for Monday night at 7.30pm. We play PSG 6 days before and Liverpool 6 days after.
Good rest between the games I see. We can try our best in all of them and see what will happen.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
New job, we dont seem to have access to wifi on our personal phones while the laptop I have has most things blocked (but also since I'm new, not yet ballsy enough to stream it at work). If the games are at 3 (20:00 gmt) then I can catch the last 30 but 2:30 kickoff means I miss it all sadly.

redchamp

How is it that we get consistently shafted with these ko times in the FA Cup?

Yeovil - Friday, Arsenal - Friday, that's twice now we've had Chelsea on a Monday. Joke

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
:mad: Knew this would happen. The cnuts don't want us to have extra rest days before Pool game. Would have been perfect if it was on Sunday.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Game at Stamford Bridge
Playing against a big team like United

They will be fired up for it, even if they don't like their manager.
True but we’ll be fired up too. Most pundits would have made Spurs and Arsenal favourites before we played them too.

I’d prefer them to be giving us no chance

RedDevil@84

True but we’ll be fired up too. Most pundits would have made Spurs and Arsenal favourites before we played them too.

I’d prefer them to be giving us no chance
Oh ya. My point was we cannot treat them as a nobody just because they lost 4-0 yesterday.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Game at Stamford Bridge
Playing against a big team like United

They will be fired up for it, even if they don't like their manager.
We won’t be fired up at all then?
They are easy to play against at the moment.Luiz is there to be destroyed by Rasher.