FA Cup | 5th Round | QF draw: Leicester (A)

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How the feck is our luck so bad at draws?! Will take Leicester, but we never seem to get an easy draw like Chelsea/City(usually) do

Bertie Wooster

These draws are just a bloody joke.
Liverpool, West Ham, now Leicester away. While another easy draw for Chelsea.
The only shock is that City drew Everton away, and not Bournemouth at home. Other than that, it's exactly how I expected it to go.

VivaRonaldo85

Pleased we’re away. Leicester have no pedigree in this cup so I think we should beat them despite their good league position.

Time for the latest bump of the thread Chelsea’s easy cup draws. It is remarkable luck.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Honestly, how seriously I take this trophy depends on how far off the top we are. If we're well out of it by late March I care. If City stumble and we're like 3-6 points behind the FA Cup is low priority.

BorisManUtd

Really hoped for one of Bournemouth/Sheffield United/Southampton. At least we avoided City I guess.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There's certainly no surprise Chelsea and Arsenal for a bit won so many FA Cups.

Some of the luck of these draws!

Arsenal winning it without playing outside of London was the maddest that year.

RashyForPM

Last two quarter finals we got Leicester away while you lot got Norwich and Brighton.

About time you had a tough game!
Leicester in 2018 was definitely not as hard as playing them this year as we will have to and as you did last year. Also, in 2019, we got Wolves when they were actually decent and beforehand had to knock Arsenal and you lot out.

When you consider all this and all the draws aside from the QFs, Chelsea do get much easier draws than us bar in 2016 in the Cup.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
Pleased we’re away. Leicester have no pedigree in this cup so I think we should beat them despite their good league position.

Time for the latest bump of the thread Chelsea’s easy cup draws. It is remarkable luck.
We’ve been in the final 4 times and lost every one of them.

Worst record of every club that’s been to an actual final.

Bertie Wooster

I wasn't as bothered at first, thinking that must be the Women's FA Cup draw being done first. Then when we drew Leicester away, and Chelsea got an easy one, I realised it must be the men's version.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I didn't know "pedigree" is what winning certain games depends on.

Presumably why the exact same teams have won every trophy for all of football history?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How the feck is our luck so bad at draws?! Will take Leicester, but we never seem to get an easy draw like Chelsea/City(usually) do
We did get Watford at home in round 3 in fairness.

But yes, it's been a while since we got non leaguers for example.
Although didn't we draw 0-0 to them under Van Gaal?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Who, Leicester?
1-1 in their title winning season both times. Bastian scored at theirs, Martial at home

siw2007

Leicester will be a tough game in the quarter finals, was hoping we’d get one of the easier draws after having to get past Liverpool then West Ham. I think we will win baring any significant injuries leading to the game. Fate will decree that we keep reaching semi finals.

Bulldog United

I don't mind playing a reasonably strong opponent in the cups as it makes the games more interesting when they come around. I'm happy to have avoided Mancs Oil and Chelski.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Leicester will be a tough game in the quarter finals, was hoping we’d get one of the easier draws after having to get past Liverpool then West Ham. I think we will win baring any significant injuries leading to the game. Fate will decree that we keep reaching semi finals.
Not bothered about an away tie. Especially against someone who will attack. I would be more worried about a team who comes to OT and just parks the bus. Now we will see if there is something in Everton's recent form or they freeze against City.

always_hoping

In the last 8 years Man United made their exit at the quarter final stage 4 times. Arsenal (H) Chelsea (A) twice and Wolves (A)

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
ST Fact:

Spock’s fiancée, T’Pring, spurned him at the altar in favour of a more traditional Vulcan.

Djemba-Djemba

I mean getting a championship team at home in the 3rd round isn't that lucky is it?

A championship team that were only very recently relegated after a pretty long stay in the PL.

And I think we've more than made up for it by getting three tough PL draws after it :lol: