FA Cup Fourth Round

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
When is the EL semi draw? Strong chance they’ll be taking more money this week aswell. Sam must be fecking loving it.

NYAS

When is the EL semi draw? Strong chance they’ll be taking more money this week aswell. Sam must be fecking loving it.
I looked earlier but couldn’t find anything confirmed yet.

Definitely by Wednesday night at the latest.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Congratulations, and you’re right it is irrelevant but equally you won’t have £37 taken out of your account tomorrow for another boring home draw then; I said it was a boring draw - it is, I don’t think it matters whether you’re a matchgoer or not for that because United-Reading has been drawn 5 times in the last 10-15 years, it’s incredibly boring. Most of the enjoyment of cup games is big allocations at places we don’t usually go, we’re still yet to have one of those since Covid still so I’m sure you can understand why I might be slightly miffed with yet another home draw. At this rate it feels like we could get through the Charlton game & they’d find a way for us to play both legs of the semi final at OT. :lol:

And there’s no way travelling to any of the three locations I just mentioned would be more tiring for the players than travelling to OT btw.
Thanks.

I get your point on the repetitive nature of some of our ties, (and the money aspect), but like I said - I'd rather we maximise our chances of getting through as it's one step closer to a trophy (especially when you consider the Chelsea are out today, one of Arse/City in the next round and possibly Liverpool vs Wolves or Brighton). It means we can potentially have a clear run to the cup. Basically, we've been starved of trophies for too long and I'd like a nice and easy run if possible.

AshRK

Thanks.

I get your point on the repetitive nature of some of our ties, (and the money aspect), but like I said - I'd rather we maximise our chances of getting through as it's one step closer to a trophy (especially when you consider the Chelsea are out today, one of Arse/City in the next round and possibly Liverpool vs Wolves or Brighton). It means we can potentially have a clear run to the cup. Basically, we've been starved of trophies for too long and I'd like a nice and easy run if possible.
This.

I am bored of playing wolves and villa. Time for us to get city or chelsea esque draw. Also, playing a tricky away side would have meant more hard fixtures with the league cup semis on either side of this tie. Now with reading home we can rest some players (no disrespect to them) and focus on the semis as well.

Sounds of the Aquarium

does anybody know when itv and bbc decide their tv coverage games?
presume it will be after the 3rd round replays but that would only leave 10 days notice for fixture rearrangements

IRN-BRUno

TV games:

Friday, 27 January
Manchester City v Arsenal (20:00) ITV1

Saturday, 28 January
Preston v Tottenham (1800) BBC One
Manchester United v Reading (20:00) ITV4

Sunday, 29 January
Brighton v Liverpool or Wolverhampton Wanderers (13:30) ITV1
Wrexham v Sheffield United (16:30) BBC One

Monday, 30 January
Derby County v West Ham United (19:45) ITV4

BorisManUtd

Other than United (provided we go through vs Reading), in 5th round of Fa Cup there should be 8 PL teams left in the competition: one of City/Arsenal, Spurs, Brighton/Liverpool, Fulham, Leicester, Leeds, West Ham, Southampton. Out of those 8, only 4 teams are currently top 10 in the table.

Spurs play at Preston who are atm 11th in Championship though only 2 points below playoff places so though you'd expect Spurs to win comfortably, hope Preston can make it difficult for them.

Carabao Cup is our best chance to win a trophy this season but things could be opening in Fa Cup too. I'd certainly rather see us give it a go there than in Europa.

Edwards6

Other than United (provided we go through vs Reading), in 5th round of Fa Cup there should be 8 PL teams left in the competition: one of City/Arsenal, Spurs, Brighton/Liverpool, Fulham, Leicester, Leeds, West Ham, Southampton. Out of those 8, only 4 teams are currently top 10 in the table.

Spurs play at Preston who are atm 11th in Championship though only 2 points below playoff places so though you'd expect Spurs to win comfortably, hope Preston can make it difficult for them.

Carabao Cup is our best chance to win a trophy this season but things could be opening in Fa Cup too. I'd certainly rather see us give it a go there than in Europa.
Looking like we could win the Carabao cup and FA cup, AKA the scouse quadruple

Irrational.

I don’t think Pep or Lego Pep will be too arsed if they lose tonight. In fact they will be relieved. Pep wants to go balls to the wall for the CL this season whilst Lego will happily sacrifice all other competitions to keep up the momentum for the league title. Don’t be surprised if we see a lot of rotation and weakened line-ups.

The risk: reward ratio for winning the FA Cup is shit, and it is no longer a prestigious trophy (like the Carabao) for the clubs aiming for the ultimate honours. PL and European competition take priority every time.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Arteta will probably keep a strong side. Turner and Trossard to come in for Ramsdale and Martinelli but not sure we can change anyone else without throwing the game. Tierney maybe if Mahrez plays but Zinchenko must want to play this one.

Hoof the ball

I don’t think Pep or Lego Pep will be too arsed if they lose tonight.
On the contrary, I think that Pep and Arteta will treat this game as tremendously important in and of itself, not necessarily because it's the FA Cup, but because it's the first meeting of 1st and 2nd place thus far this season and the psychological value of winning this could have ripples moving into the 2nd half of the season, and indeed for both PL games between the two teams. A win tonight, and a convincing one, sows a seed of doubt, of discouragement that can make (or break) a season. If you go into a game knowing your rival has already beaten you prior, there's an inevitable trepidation that comes with it.

I’m loving my life

I want Pep to decimate his pound-shop replica but the reality is it would be better for Arsenal to progress here, then get battered by a fresher City in the league, then get battered by Brighton in the 5th round. Obviously this means the exact opposite of that chain of events will now happen (including Brighton not getting to the 5th round)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The FA cup is wide open really, a maximum of 8 PL teams could be in the next round I'd say it will be less than that with some PL teams sacrificing the FA cup for the PL
I make it 9

always_hoping

Manchester City two changes to the side that beat Wolves 3-0 and Arsenal make six changes to the side that beat United. Not hard to know which side is taking this match more serious tonight.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Whats the team?
Man City XI | Ortega Moreno, Lewis, Stones, Akanji, Ake, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Gundogan (C), Mahrez, Grealish, Haaland

Arsenal XI Turner, Tomiyasu, Holding, Gabriel, Tierney, Partey, Xhaka, Vieira, Saka, Trossard, Nketiah

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
With a whole week till PL fixtures, Arteta doing his mate a favour with 2nd team selection. Hope they get 6 goals past them!
I thought he would make changes when he said earlier this game would not have any bearing on the league games, I thought he was hinting about making some changes. Not wholesale changes though.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Pep looks like hes lost the love for the job and especially irritated by the English media.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Surprised Arteta is resting 3 of their best players. Feels like a mistake to me, but who knows, confidence is a helluva drug.

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
I thought he would make changes when he said earlier this game would not have any bearing on the league games, I thought he was hinting about making some changes. Not wholesale changes though.
I would’ve liked him to make more changes to be honest. Wouldn’t have played Saka and Partey.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
This interview won't be on this journalist's showreel, that's for sure. They didn't give him anything :lol:

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I would’ve liked him to make more changes to be honest. Wouldn’t have played Saka and Partey.
What's up with this loser mentality? Almost feels like some Arsenal fans want to go out. Too scared to lose with the best XI.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Think if he had 'subs' he trusted in those positions he would have. He just doesn't trust the likes of Lokonga and Smith-Rowe is carrying a small injury.

binary bot
Pep was being very difficult but the interviewer really ramped it up with the weird questions

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
What's up with this loser mentality? Almost feels like some Arsenal fans want to go out. Too scared to lose with the best XI.
We’ve won 4 of the last 8 fa cups and got told they mean nothing because we should be winning the league, well here we are.