FA Cup Fourth Round

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain

Great draw for us and difficult draw for the other big six.

Liverpool will face Brighton if they get past Wolves.

Winner of Chelsea - City will face the winner of the Arsenal - Oxford game.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

Great draw for us and difficult draw for the other big six.

Liverpool will face Brighton if they get past Wolves.

Winner of Chelsea - City will face the winner of the Arsenal - Oxford game.
Wow.
I'll take that

SinNombre

With Charlton and this, we are finally getting some rub of the green in domestic draws.

Djemba-Djemba

Maybe us drawing Barcelona was the final act in the era of us constantly getting hard cup draws all the fecking time and now it's a new world.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Didnt know the draw happened! We're on bit of a run for once!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Delighted with that draw. Finally our luck has changed a bit.

JB7

Said to the Mrs “watch us draw Reading at home” before the draw. Utter shite boring draw.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Boring. We seem to play them a lot

always_hoping

Strange to have the draw before all round 3 fixtures are played. Reading at home, happy enough with that can rest a few first teamers in a very busy period

CM

The draw's opening up quite nicely already. If Liverpool get knocked out in the replay as they should've last night, it'll be very interesting.

JustKatie

A reasonably good draw for us. Pleased with that. Plus two of the big guns will be going out in this or the next round. Plus Liverpool could be out too.

Nice!

BorisManUtd

That's a good draw for us. City will most probably play vs Arsenal so one of those two will be out, think Klopp might consider playing 2nd team in replay at Wolves after that Brighton away draw, he's won the thing last season and focusing on getting top 4 and CL could be their priorities. I wouldn't care much about the cups if we won both of those last season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Could do with playing Reading away, so I can nip 25miles over there :D

Great draw though, it's definitely opening up for us.

RedDevilRoshi

Said to the Mrs “watch us draw Reading at home” before the draw. Utter shite boring draw.
A winnable home time and also when you consider Liverpool will have a tricky tie away to Brighton if they beat Wolves and one of Arsenal or Man City won’t make it past the 4th round. That’s a very favourable draw in our favour.

Plus chance for ETH to to utilise some of the fringe players & youngsters and not having to play a full strength lineup against a difficult opponent in order to advance.

JB7

A winnable home time and also when you consider Liverpool will have a tricky tie away to Brighton if they beat Wolves and one of Arsenal or Man City won’t make it past the 4th round. That’s a very favourable draw in our favour.

Plus chance for ETH to to utilise some of the fringe players & youngsters and not having to play a full strength lineup against a difficult opponent in order to advance.
It’s a shite boring draw. We seem to play Reading every year, half the enjoyment of Cup competitions is big away allocations and going to grounds we rarely play at; yet we’ve had about ten cup ties in a row at home. It’s fecking boring.

lysglimt

Scout
Everton, Villa, Newcastle, Liverpool or Wolves, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth and Nottingham - I haven't checked but I think that is a new record of Top flight-teams not reaching the 4th round. And even funnier - at least 7 teams outside the P.L will reach the 5th round of the FA Cup.

sepulturite

It’s a shite boring draw. We seem to play Reading every year, half the enjoyment of Cup competitions is big away allocations and going to grounds we rarely play at; yet we’ve had about ten cup ties in a row at home. It’s fecking boring.
Considering the amount of games in short periods of time this season, easy home draws is exactly what we need, so quit bitching :rolleyes: I said it yesterday but we have some proper oddballs in our fanbase.

El Zoido

Absolutely bizarre take.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I never get excited about our chances in cups until City get knocked out

RedDevilRoshi

Mind boggling to say the least :rolleyes:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I never get excited about our chances in cups until City get knocked out
In the League Cup that's fair but City have only won 2 FA cups since their lottery win.

The Corinthian

Bizarre logic.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
If Wolves don't knock our midfield out, Brighton definitely will. Unless we take Caicedo off them by then. :(

JB7

Considering the amount of games in short periods of time this season, easy home draws is exactly what we need, so quit bitching :rolleyes: I said it yesterday but we have some proper oddballs in our fanbase.
Absolutely bizarre take.
Mind boggling to say the least :rolleyes:
Bizarre logic.
I take it you’ll all be going to the game vs Reading & are much happier going to a fifth (potentially sixth if we beat Charlton) game of the month at Old Trafford rather than heading to a great away end somewhere we haven’t been for ages like Preston, Blackburn or even Wrexham? :rolleyes:

The Corinthian

I take it you’ll all be going to the game vs Reading & are much happier going to a fifth (potentially sixth if we beat Charlton) game of the month at Old Trafford rather to heading to a great away end somewhere we haven’t been for ages like Preston, Blackburn or even Wrexham? :rolleyes:
I won't be going to any games in the near future as I have a new born baby girl. But where I watch the game is irrelevant.

In a season where we've already had an interruption in normal scheduling, and then had issues with games moved for the fecking Queen, I'd rather we have any cup ties at Old Trafford as it means the team will be fresher and less interrupted.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I know I'll be in the minority here but I agree with you. As a season ticket holder I do get fed up of being charged money for the same home tie against an average Championship team every other season. An away tie at Stevenage or Walsall would've been much more exciting.

sepulturite

I take it you’ll all be going to the game vs Reading & are much happier going to a fifth (potentially sixth if we beat Charlton) game of the month at Old Trafford rather than heading to a great away end somewhere we haven’t been for ages like Preston, Blackburn or even Wrexham? :rolleyes:
Yeh, if it means easier ties for this season with all the crammed in games, definitely. I'd actually agree with you in any normal scheduled season, but this isn't one.

JB7

I won't be going to any games in the near future as I have a new born baby girl. But where I watch the game is irrelevant.

In a season where we've already had an interruption in normal scheduling, and then had issues with games moved for the fecking Queen, I'd rather we have any cup ties at Old Trafford as it means the team will be fresher and less interrupted.
Congratulations, and you’re right it is irrelevant but equally you won’t have £37 taken out of your account tomorrow for another boring home draw then; I said it was a boring draw - it is, I don’t think it matters whether you’re a matchgoer or not for that because United-Reading has been drawn 5 times in the last 10-15 years, it’s incredibly boring. Most of the enjoyment of cup games is big allocations at places we don’t usually go, we’re still yet to have one of those since Covid still so I’m sure you can understand why I might be slightly miffed with yet another home draw. At this rate it feels like we could get through the Charlton game & they’d find a way for us to play both legs of the semi final at OT. :lol:

And there’s no way travelling to any of the three locations I just mentioned would be more tiring for the players than travelling to OT btw.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Congratulations, and you’re right it is irrelevant but equally you won’t have £37 taken out of your account tomorrow for another boring home draw then; I said it was a boring draw - it is, I don’t think it matters whether you’re a matchgoer or not for that because United-Reading has been drawn 5 times in the last 10-15 years, it’s incredibly boring. Most of the enjoyment of cup games is big allocations at places we don’t usually go, we’re still yet to have one of those since Covid still so I’m sure you can understand why I might be slightly miffed with yet another home draw. At this rate it feels like we could get through the Charlton game & they’d find a way for us to play both legs of the semi final at OT. :lol:

And there’s no way travelling to any of the three locations I just mentioned would be more tiring for the players than travelling to OT btw.
I certainly feel ya on the money going tomorrow again. It’s been relentless this season. Feels like every week almost at this rate when you factor in the fact they took the Barca fee as soon it was drawn despite it still being another month away.

Still, I’d prefer United to do well no matter what. Can understand if you do all the aways though, it’s disappointing from that perspective.