FA: Manchester United failed to refrain their players from violent behavior but Palace did refrain

klayton88

My son just text me from the chippy and said "Dad, I now understand why the FA are cnuts". We both cried. He ordered the fish.

Coleyoscar

I'm not too fond of 'whataboutery' but...

We have a player red carded on the basis of a single angle view that was repeated in slow motion so that the referee was left with no option. Alternative angles which showed a more benign interpretation were not shown to him. Images of a Palace player actually making contact with a United player's face were ignored by the VAR police.

Casemiro was seen laughing with the 'victim' immediately after the incident. Nobody was hurt, even if it were a technical red card, there was no actual violence involved.

In an earlier game one of our players is the victim of a violent tackle which has put him out of the game for three months. The culprit did not even receive a caution for the assault.

And United are charged with 'violent conduct'. How is this fair?

Hughie77

This is the typical of the FA. To make UTD the main culprits it's always been the same, it also shows the lack of understanding and integrity they also have in the 2 fixtures they've shoehorned in. The Palace away game was realy awful one.
When in Same week Man city played Spurs where they could have played Arsenal instead there game in hand!!.

Ralaks

Moronic statement. Hope we send out a strong statement calling out their double standards

jeepers

We should accept the punishment. The club should also make a firm statement on this matter, and include evidences from the Crystal Palace (elbow on Lisandro), Reading (multiple dangerous tackles by ONE player, including a season-ending one) and again Crystal Palace (starting the violent behaviour in the first feckin place) matches on our official website.

Last edited:

JustKatie

This is so they can give Casemiro more than 3 matches so he misses the cup final. Just wait and see
You just know this. If we appealed they would've just added on extra matches for violent conduct but since we didn't they brought this about.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Absolute fecking joke of an organization. Clear ABU bias. Singling us out for violent behavior when Schlupp started it and ignoring what Ayew did.
You can always trust the FA to make a bad decision worse.

Jordan Ayew doing his best Undertaker impression still not making a dent I see...

glasgow 21

It is well documented on here, the number of incidents that have went against us since the city game taking that period in isolation. The FA statement in this incident shows the agenda. They have without debate, told Var " We have your back against United, more of the same please". Turn the tables and on the day, Ayew was sent off. What do you think that statement would look like this morning?.

Lentwood

I was thinking recently...surely the technology must now exist whereby we could have a panel sat in a room watching a simulation of incidents like this and even VAR decisions without the colours on the players shirts? Like, have faceless computerised figures perform an exact sim. of the incident?

I honestly believe not being able to see the colour on the shirts and/or have any knowledge of which team/match situation/home vs away etc...would have a HUGE impact on decisions