FA to investigate Edinson Cavani | This thread is taking a break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam

Absolute idiot.

Contextually very different to Suarez, Terry et al - he isn’t using it offensively so it won’t become a massive scandal like their incidents.

But he still used something, that while seen as acceptable in his culture as a term of endearment, doesn’t really fit in the same way here. I can see a fine and minimal ban happening, just nip this in the bud; accept fault, apologise with context and do some cultural re-education PowerPoint slides.

arthurka

Suarez all over again
He didn't follow people around for the whole games yelling this into their ears constantly? He did this to someone who wrote onto his Instagram account so there is a bit off a difference.

lsd

The Oracle
Suarez didn't use that word though did he ?

izec

He will get fined and banned for a game or two. You don't use it in England, it sounds similar to the n word, that is all that matters to the FA and the haters, especially now in Black lives matter circumstances.

I just hope United don't go down some insane Dalglishian route of defending the player at all costs. He needs to take the consequences of using a word that is not appropriate in our society.

He's a public figure and was idiotic to use the word.

Last edited:

Toad

Most likely take some form of action given how hot the country is on any form of racial behaviour now. Very idiotic thing to say. doesn’t matter if it is acceptable in your culture, you can’t be that uneducated to know this isn’t the correct thing to say.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
As I said in the other thread, take off the rose tinted specs. Regardless of intention, he needs to be disciplined. If it were another team, we'd be saying the same.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Absolute idiot.

Contextually very different to Suarez, Terry et al - he isn’t using it offensively so it won’t become a massive scandal like their incidents.

But he still used something, that while seen as acceptable in his culture as a term of endearment, doesn’t really fit in the same way here. I can see a fine and minimal ban happening, just nip this in the bud; accept fault, apologise with context and do some cultural re-education PowerPoint slides.
Seems legit. Over here we don't say thank you with kindness and love, we say absolute idiot because your culture don't fit in. If only those South Americans weren't such savages am I right?

Pace Abuser

He should have said blanquito and it would have been fine.
Strange way to address people. Using colours. I admit I don't understand the Latin cultural context

DickDastardly

Seriously?

Shit, this cancel culture is getting out of hand if he gets any kind of ban.

"Without CONTEXT words and actions have no meaning at all."

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Not his biggest fan but using that word is a sign of affection in Uruguay.

Daonico

wh
Most likely take some form of action given how hot the country is on any form of racial behaviour now. Very idiotic thing to say. doesn’t matter if it is acceptable in your culture, you can’t be that uneducated to know this isn’t the correct thing to say.
why? it seems he is talking to another uruguayan, why he has to talk in a way that the english think it is appropiate?

Skills

Snitch
This is nothing like Suarez-Evra. Suarez got banned for telling Evra he kicked him because he was black.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Seriously?

Shit, this cancel culture is getting out of hand if he gets any kind of ban.

"Without CONTEXT words and actions have no meaning at all."
Get the feck out with that bollocks. Awful, awful take.

U99ted

"Thank you black" in reference to the kit he is wearing (and our away form being so much better than our home form) isn't racist...

Champagne Football

I know in Latin countries, Negrito is something you say to your best mate or brother. He obviously didn't intend it to cause offence. It's a bit different to Suarez and Evra who hated each other on the pitch.

I think the anti-Utd side of the media will have a field day with this.

Daonico

Are you the law on what is and isn't considered racist out of interest?
I am Uruguayan, same as Cavani, and probably the other person he is talking too...
Is England the law about how everyone in any country should communicate?
I mean, England will teach the world about not being racist? really?

mu4c_20le

Will be interesting to see how the appeal goes, if they charge him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I am Uruguayan, same as Cavani, and probably the other person he is talking too...
Touché

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Where your from doesn't answer the question really though does it?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The FA surely aren't either though especially when it comes to language though is it? Especially when it's used towards your own team mate?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It's not racist in the context it was used. Indeed, the FA's judgement against Suarez found that the term Cavani used is not racist in a friendly context.

Suarez got done because the FA found it implausible that Suarez could have been using it in a friendly way during an argument. Also contradictions in Suarez's testimony made them doubt his version of events. Contrasting this the FA found no reason to doubt Evra's evidence.

Jam

Seems legit. Over here we don't say thank you with kindness and love, we say absolute idiot because your culture don't fit in. If only those South Americans weren't such savages am I right?
You expect people to say thank you to him for using a racially insensitive term that has different contexts in different cultures?

You're the kind of bloke who defends Zwarte Piet aren't you?

Member 90887

The irony of allowing your self to judge, but calling out other people for doing the same thing as you.

He could easily tell you the same thing, are you the law on what is and isn't considered racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.