FA-Using United...

032Devil

Yes he is, though he has to face any consequences that comes his way for doing so. As I've said, it was precisely that which caught the interest of the FA.
Agreed. But in my opinion, its not the FA but the media whose interest was caught.

Lance Uppercut

It's just something you don't do (if you have a little decency).
Yep.

Brian must be a popular chap with his friends if he has zero problem in moving in on their ex girlfriends.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
Really? And how do you know what Rooney's off the pitch, exactly. Is he a mate of yours?

Or are you just another rival fan having a hypocritical dig at Rooney for saying feck at a football game. In a heat of a moment.

fecking hell.
What part of, I am not concerned what he did or didn't do, do you not get? It is somewhat clear he is thuggish, it is somewhat clear he very visibly broke broadcasting regulations hence the FA has got involved.

I think most people would say on here I am very impartial with regard to such issues when they arise irrespective of club allegiance, I get just as frustrated as most people do when Terry makes a prat of himself or when Ashley Cole shoots somebody.

SER19

It would have been as it will be done on the grounds of breaking Ofcom rules which has its mandate from Parliament to uphold decency on the airwaves.
Nobody is arguing that what youre saying is technically right. I hate when smug cnuts like you hide behind the nice little airtight lines you all learn off. You know full well a ban like that is unprecedented in these circumstances and if it were a chelsea player you'd be saying the same thing. Theres also no getting away from the fact that united get more of these retrospective bans than any club,largely due to media involvment. Take your horseshit someplace else and any allegation that United are being hard done by neednt be et with "rawk" comparisons,its as petty as your attitude regards the ban.

On a side note, Have a good read before saying rooney is worse than this fecking thug. Yet again the medias obsession with all things man utd leads to every move rooney takes being construed as yob like while the lionheart only really got called up on the bridge incident. Your team is full of thugs and ran by thugs, its a seperate issue to whats actually being discussed so take it someplace else. Typical chelsea fan.

Surely the serial brawler, drinker and womaniser John Terry can't remain captain of his country? | Mail Online

Lance Uppercut

What part of, I am not concerned what he did or didn't do, do you not get? It is somewhat clear he is thuggish, it is somewhat clear he very visibly broke broadcasting regulations hence the FA has got involved.
Again, he swore directly into the camera while playing for England during the World Cup. No action was taken. Why was that?

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
Nobody is arguing that what youre saying is technically right. I hate when smug cnuts like you hide behind the nice little airtight lines you all learn off. You know full well a ban like that is unprecedented in these circumstances and if it were a chelsea player you'd be saying the same thing. Theres also no getting away from the fact that united get more of these retrospective bans than any club,largely due to media involvment. Take your horseshit someplace else and any allegation that United are being hard done by neednt be et with "rawk" comparisons,its as petty as your attitude regards the ban.
Actually no I would not. Individuals assume they are fully aware of my character, if you were familiar with my posts of the likes of John Terry and Ashley Cole you would know that such arguments are not applicable to me.

WireRed

Again, he swore directly into the camera while playing for England during the World Cup. No action was taken. Why was that?
Because banning him for England would mean less prize money in the pot for the FA to pay for Wembley, Capello, and all the other laughable things they brew up. Banning him for us means less publicity for their incompetence. It's all about their image, nothing else matters one jot. Simple as that.

They are a disgrace to the national game and a disgrace to their status as a "governing body".

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
Yep.

Brian must be a popular chap with his friends if he has zero problem in moving in on their ex girlfriends.
Fantastic logic you have displayed there. Slight snag though, you have assessed I don't differentiate between different affairs though you don't know where I stand on affairs as a whole.

Lance Uppercut

Fantastic logic you have displayed there. Slight snag though, you have assessed I don't differentiate between different affairs though you don't know where I stand on affairs as a whole.
By all means, enlighten me. Where exactly do you stand on these issues? While you are at it, please address what I have posted twice now.

Diablodave

I think Rooney has gave the FA enough over the years. Wouldnt suprise me in the slightest if he ponders retirement from the national team, after all what does he really owe the FA?

SER19

Actually no I would not. Individuals assume they are fully aware of my character, if you were familiar with my posts of the likes of John Terry and Ashley Cole you would know that such arguments are not applicable to me.
Look youve tried hiding behind the guise of "im not like all opposition gfans" already in this thread. Youre being ridiculously biased and narrow minded so much so that you dont even seem to be aware of how blatant it is. I'll say it again, you know deep down that this simply is a banning offence- and it wouldnt be happening if it were charlie adam, adam johnson or some player not at united. Nothing more to it. IM not crying conspiracy, its as plain as day that a largely anti united media have precipitated this.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
If this had been any other player at any club, there'd have been nothing done.

It wouldn't have even made MOTD.

Rooney hysteria from Daily Mail gimps.

The real reason our rivals get a bee in a bonnet about him is because his hat-trick dealt a critical blow to their seasons.

If this was Brunt at West Brom swearing into the camera after his 2-goal show, they'd not even comment.

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
Look youve tried hiding behind the guise of "im not like all opposition gfans" already in this thread. Youre being ridiculously biased and narrow minded so much so that you dont even seem to be aware of how blatant it is. I'll say it again, you know deep down that this simply is a banning offence- and it wouldnt be happening if it were charlie adam, adam johnson or some player not at united. Nothing more to it. IM not crying conspiracy, its as plain as day that a largely anti united media have precipitated this.
I always laugh when someone starts using phrases such as 'deep down, you..' the answer is actually no, deep down this is a banning offence as it is unbecoming behaviour and brings football into disrepute.

And I am not trying to hide behind anything, feel free to look through my post history and you will find that I am very critical of Mourinho's antics whilst at Chelsea, that I think Ashley Cole is brain dead and John Terry is quite the moron. It is oh so very rare for me to get into such a debate in the football forum, especially so as I was unmoved by events.

032Devil

I think Rooney has gave the FA enough over the years. Wouldnt suprise me in the slightest if he ponders retirement from the national team, after all what does he really owe the FA?
I don't think he's got the imagination for that. Plus, he would probably lose big earnings if he did so.

SER19

If this had been any other player at any club, there'd have been nothing done.

It wouldn't have even made MOTD.

Rooney hysteria from Daily Mail gimps.

The real reason our rivals get a bee in a bonnet about him is because his hat-trick dealt a critical blow to their league seasons.

If this was Brunt at West Brom swearing into the camera after his 2-goal show, they'd not even comment.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
RAWK material, Rooney deliberate swore live on UK television to the camera before 8pm which is against broadcasting laws hence the FA are bringing it forward.
are you a mug? I'm just asking. You watch any game on sky sports and you'll hear what the crowds singing - all kinds of offensive crap. You might say Rooneys said it and it was clear as day, but alot of the chants can be heard through tv well before 8pm so you can shove your opinion up your gloryhunting arse. At the end of the day, it's a release of emotion. It's not an act commited by someone not feeling pressure. He's a role model after his first two goals and the devil after scoring the goal that will ultimately shut your lot up. Bitter? The cameraman has no place being there. If it was a fan/supporter they'd be ejected off the pitch...the cameraman is no different. He can feck off an all.

SER19

I always laugh when someone starts using phrases such as 'deep down, you..' the answer is actually no, deep down this is a banning offence as it is unbecoming behaviour and brings football into disrepute.

And I am not trying to hide behind anything, feel free to look through my post history and you will find that I am very critical of Mourinho's antics whilst at Chelsea, that I think Ashley Cole is brain dead and John Terry is quite the moron. It is oh so very rare for me to get into such a debate in the football forum, especially so as I was unmoved by events.
One quick glance at your posts shows you blindly defending cechs "hey didnt really win" comment so spare everybody the reasonable poster act. :rolleyes:

Apologies for using such a hilarious term, when youre finished being pedantic about phrasing you'll understand exactly what im trying to say. Any other team- nothing said. If it was nasri would you really be posting on here saying he should be banned for two games. Not a chance in hell but you'll just say you would because its an argument you cant possibly lose when you lie.

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
One quick glance at your posts shows you blindly defending cechs "hey didnt really win" comment so spare everybody the reasonable poster act. :rolleyes:

Apologies for using such a hilarious term, when youre finished being pedantic about phrasing you'll understand exactly what im trying to say. Any other team- nothing said. If it was nasri would you really be posting on here saying he should be banned for two games. Not a chance in hell but you'll just say you would because its an argument you cant possibly lose when you lie.
This is just get silly as you are wildly stabbing at what my motivations are, one thing that I always try to be and am in this case is speak sincerely. When I say I think this should apply to Man United players, Chelsea players and all others I mean it.

I am simply stating that there are regulations and Rooney broke them, in the case of Petr Cech, it is true that games determined by shootouts are recorded as draws. This website, especially when it comes to Man United, is not as objective as it thinks it is.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think Fabio should be banned for looking like Rafael. Pure cheating.

Striker10

:lol:

It wasn't anger. It's a different emotion. Hard to explain. Have you scored in an important match before?
He's probably not even scored with a woman before.....

Striker10

This is just get silly as you are wildly stabbing at what my motivations are, one thing that I always try to be and am in this case is speak sincerely. When I say I think this should apply to Man United players, Chelsea players and all others I mean it.

I am simply stating that there are regulations and Rooney broke them, in the case of Petr Cech, it is true that games determined by shootouts are recorded as draws. This website, especially when it comes to Man United, is not as objective as it thinks it is.
How many european cups have you won? I guess thats what seperates winners from gloryhunters. Winners don't even accept draws.....At the end of the day, it's bullshit and while you are here what do you think about Essien again trying to break someones leg? Whats your opinion about the medias obsession to ban Rooney and let Essien get away with it again?

SER19

This website is largely so for from being objective its unreal. Its a united fans forum and theres a hige amount of bias. What there isnt is a long line of posters saying that their posts are motivated by sincerity and nothing else. Most posts are motivated by support for the club. Say what you want but you are not being sincere and would be bored of the story already if it wasnt a united player. I used the cech example as it was a recent post, im not trawling through your posts, to demonstrate that you allow your support of your club to post something so stupid. Games that go to a penalty ahoot out are draws, we all fecking know that. That is not what cech was saying and you know that too. its the same cnutish technically speaking nonsense youve been spouting in here.

RK

:lol: I'm sure Cech was just being statistically objective, not bitter or emotional before a big game.

Do one.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
RAWK material, Rooney deliberate swore live on UK television to the camera before 8pm which is against broadcasting laws hence the FA are bringing it forward.
It would have been as it will be done on the grounds of breaking Ofcom rules which has its mandate from Parliament to uphold decency on the airwaves.
Sorry, I didn't realise the FA had been appointed chief regulator of broadcasting laws.

In anycase, Sky are required to have a three second delay on the broadcast, and in reality usually have closer to a minute if not more (it was actually closer to three minutes at the Chelsea vs City game only a week back). So in effect they chose not to censor it, and for all you, I or anyone else knows, players might be doing the exact same thing every week.

The BBC then deliberately chose to show it again eight hours after it occured, during a highlights package, only to then condemn and apologise for it being inappropriate on the very same program.

I take it the FA will be using their new found OFCOM powers to come down even harder on both organisations...as well as identifying and banning every person in the crowd involved in deliberately singing audible inappropriate language during the game?

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
How many european cups have you won? I guess thats what seperates winners from gloryhunters. Winners don't even accept draws.....At the end of the day, it's bullshit and while you are here what do you think about Essien again trying to break someones leg? Whats your opinion about the medias obsession to ban Rooney and let Essien get away with it again?
Because European Cups matter in discussions about whether a footballer swears at a camera or Cech points out that matches are drawn when they go to penalties. I am going to sound completely like Wenger here but I haven't seen what Essien did at the weekend, if it is as bad as you say then he should certainly expect a ban, he has done some very reckless ones on the past that is for certain.

Team Brian GB

Supports
Chelsea
The BBC then deliberately chose to show it again eight hours after it occured, during a highlights package, only to then condemn and apologise for it being inappropriate on the very same program.

I found that to be amusing, I suppose if they were going to talk about it they needed to show it though going out at 10:30pm means they can.

Lance Uppercut

It would appear that Brian is very selective in which posts he chooses to acknowledge.

Spoony

The People's President
Sorry, I didn't realise the FA had been appointed chief regulator of broadcasting laws.

In anycase, Sky are required to have a three second delay on the broadcast, and in reality usually have closer to a minute if not more (it was actually closer to three minutes at the Chelsea vs City game only a week back). So in effect they chose not to censor it.

I take it the FA will be using their new found OFCOM powers to come down even harder on both organisations...as well as identifying and banning every person in the crowd involved in deliberately singing audible inappropriate language during the game?
They could've chosen to censor it in that case.

Striker10

Because European Cups matter in discussions about whether a footballer swears at a camera or Cech points out that matches are drawn when they go to penalties. I am going to sound completely like Wenger here but I haven't seen what Essien did at the weekend, if it is as bad as you say then he should certainly expect a ban, he has done some very reckless ones on the past that is for certain.
he dived in two footed...again...it's a pity you didn't see it but saw Rooney swearing isn't it. Listen, he won't get banned. We all know it. The media are more concerned talking about Rooney. It's pathetic. This country has it's priorities all wrong.

Lance Uppercut

Selective as I have the best part of four pages worth of responses and counter claims directed at me.
Let us try it for a third time, then. Rooney swore directly into the camera during the World Cup, while playing for England. He was not charged. Perhaps you could explain why?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I found that to be amusing, I suppose if they were going to talk about it they needed to show it though going out at 10:30pm means they can.
I thought it was completely pathetic.

If you wanted an example of a broadcaster or media outlet having an agenda beyond their purpose, there it was.

At least Sky could claim their editor guy might have simply been caught napping.

WireRed

They could've chosen to censor it in that case.
Why do that when you know you've got publicity-spinning material right there? The BBC have a lot more to answer for, they could have edited that part out but chose to show it in full glory, why? My theory would be that they are a corporation who have their differences with MUFC and that is reflected in their coverage of our games, this gave them a chance to stick the knife in and get the whole situation out into full public domain.