FA Youth Cup - Semi-Final - United v Wolverhampton

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Should’ve been 3-0.

DevTheRed

Hansen and Garnacho have been very good but Mainoo has been on a different level.. he’s absolutely class.

AltiUn

Has to be said that Roberts for them looks excellent.

Swedish_Plumber

First time I’ve seen Mainoo but he looks too good for this level. Seems to win absolutely everything and has so much time on the ball.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Fredricson, Hansen, Garnacho, McNeil have all been great, but Mainoo has been something else entirely. 3-0 not reflective. Coulda been double that. Seems like they've really enjoyed playing on the larger pitch - lots of crossfield balls, plenty of space to run into. Great match.

DevTheRed

Well that was so refreshing to watch, really good performance from the lads, night and day compared to the first team.

Thiagoal

First time I’ve seen Mainoo but he looks too good for this level. Seems to win absolutely everything and has so much time on the ball.
Amazing to think he’s still only 16 and is still eligible to play in the FA Youth cup in 2024 :houllier:

GwilDor

Impossible to judge when these players are ready for playing senior football, but i gotta say i like what i see from a few if them.
The stand out, as some say, is Mainoo for me. Partly because he is only 16 years old. Will be interesting to see how he gets on for sure, his 2nd half today was incredible.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Fredricson, Hansen, Garnacho, McNeil have all been great, but Mainoo has been something else entirely. 3-0 not reflective. Coulda been double that. Seems like they've really enjoyed playing on the larger pitch - lots of crossfield balls, plenty of space to run into. Great match.
All of them.

Also Bennett ... looks composed at the back.

Also got Shoretire and Hugill (came on as sub... another goalscorer).

But Mainoo is superb at this level. Hard to pin down best position, tackles, simple passes, longer passes, runs with the ball. And looks effortless.

The futures bright ... hopefully

UTD_Since_1978

First FA Youth Cup Final for 11 years! Who made the grade from that team? LIngard, Pogba & Ravel Morrison (didn't actually make the grade really but should have).

Asger

First FA Youth Cup Final for 11 years! Who made the grade from that team? LIngard, Pogba & Ravel Morrison (didn't actually make the grade really but should have).
Michael Keane played as well if I remember correctly.

M16Red

All of them.

Also Bennett ... looks composed at the back.

Also got Shoretire and Hugill (came on as sub... another goalscorer).

But Mainoo is superb at this level. Hard to pin down best position, tackles, simple passes, longer passes, runs with the ball. And looks effortless.

The futures bright ... hopefully
After Shoretire was Nathan Forson who actually came on...

Mainoo is just wow, infact they have four or five really good young players...

berbakay

A shocking record for a club our size, add it to the list of indictments against the management of this club.

The boys did well tonight though and let’s hope it’s the first green shoot of hope for the club’s future.

themightyreds1983

Stop hyping up players because you’ve seen them play once or twice . Mainoo is nowhere near ready for the first team, and neither of McNeil or garnacho. Learn from past mistakes of hyping kids up far too early! Even shoretire is nowhere near ready for first team…

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Really good performance and all the lads played superb.

Kobbie Mainoo is just a class act and he's still only 16. This lad has big potential.

I had a friend over who wanted me to switch over to watch PSG and their stars Mbappe, Neymar, Messi and Veratti. I told him to forget that, and watch Mainoo, McNeill, Garnacho and Hansen.:D

AltiUn

Some excellent players in this team. The midfield and attack are up there with the best I've seen us have at this level, they're all just so good in possession, their first touches and passes in tight spaces are exquisite. Helps how tirelessly they press in midfield too, Mainoo, Gore, Hansen and Oyedele, when he came on, didn't stop running and just don't give teams a second to think in the middle of the pitch.

Hansen, Garnacho and Mainoo are seriously special players. If at least 1 of them doesn't make it to the first team then we may as well pack the academy up. Great performance, bring on the final.

redom

Mainoo has that uncanny ability to look like he always has time on the ball even when pressed, add that to his ability to carry the ball and pick a pass it's hard not to get ahead of ourselves, here's hoping he can continue to develop and the club handle him well.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Agreed. I can remember being astonished LVG gave Blackett a chance while we'd got Thorpe in the reserves still. What do I know :lol:
You wonder if it just knocked him back. He was England captain at his age level as well.

lysglimt

Scout
Magnificent performance - we have 5-6 players out there who could be first team regulars in 2-3 years. The player who surprised me the most today was Gore - I have never seen him play better. Hansens first half, and Mainoos second half was close to a 10 for both

AltiUn

Magnificent performance - we have 5-6 players out there who could be first team regulars in 2-3 years. The player who surprised me the most today was Gore - I have never seen him play better. Hansens first half, and Mainoos second half was close to a 10 for both
Gore's class, mentioned it a bit ago but he must be a nightmare to play against. He's deceptively strong too, regularly bullies players off the ball way bigger than him.