FA Youth Cup: United vs. Burnley

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
I am really looking forward to this, almost as much as the derby!

It will be great to see these lads playing at OT.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Here are the lineups from our last 3 games, to give an idea of who might start:

Sutherland; Love, Grimshaw, Dalley, Rowley; Weir, Pearson, Rudge, Daehli; Januzaj; Wilson.

Gollini; Love, Grimshaw, Dalley, Rowley; Barmby, Pearson, Rudge, Daehli; Januzaj; Byrne

Sutherland; Grimshaw, Dalley, Ioannou, Evans; Weir, Pearson, Rudge, Daehli; Januzaj; Wilson

I'd guess we'll see:
Gollini
Love Grimshaw Dalley Rowley
Pearson Rudge
Weir Januzaj Daelhi
Wilson​

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
With so many talented attacking midfield options, we really could play any combination and still look very dangerous.

I'm guessing at

Gollini, Love, Grimshaw, Ioannou, Rowley, Pearson, Rothwell, Januzaj, Daehli, Barmby, Wilson

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I think this one comes a bit too soon for Rothwell, mate.

MPTutd

I think the team will be:

Gollini
Love
Grimshaw
Ioannou
Rowley

Pearson
Rothwell

Barmby
Januzaj
Daehli

Wilson

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Agreed about Rothwell, I have a feeling they've been keeping Ioannou in cotton wool especially for this game though, funny feeling he'll start as he's clearly our most talented defender, would be a huge bonus if he plays.
Yeah, Ioannou could very well start. If Pereira's fit then the team you posted is probably right on.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
I think this one comes a bit too soon for Rothwell, mate.
Not sure... he made his comeback in the last game, albeit that he got 10 minutes, and there's been another week since then, plus perhaps a behind closed doors friendly or two to get some sharpness back.

You could be right as Rudge has done nothing wrong and is a good player... just think that Rothwell is a slightly better player.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Has Pereira been injured recently? TBH, he is the player that I am most looking forward to seeing.

Brightonian

Thank god for the U18s. I really look forward to this every week, while dreading the first team's efforts.

I'd like to see Pereira instead of Barmby, and let Jack have another pop at the U21s. Pereira seems to bring the best out of Daehli. A front 4 of those two and Januzaj playing behind Wilson is the definition of :drool:

lysglimt

Scout
Thank god for the U18s. I really look forward to this every week, while dreading the first team's efforts.

I'd like to see Pereira instead of Barmby, and let Jack have another pop at the U21s. Pereira seems to bring the best out of Daehli. A front 4 of those two and Januzaj playing behind Wilson is the definition of :drool:
So you don't think we should start our strongest side in the Youth Cup ? And Barmby IS a lot better player than Pereira still!

Should also be noticed that this Burnley-side is quite poor - they have 7 wins and 4 defeats against quite poor opposition and only have 3 players who are second-years. They had a very good side last year which went out against Blackburn in the semi - but then they practically had a full team of second-year players

Their leading scorer Jason Gílchrist played for City for 10 years before being released - and he has scored 16 in 12 matches apparently. He is also a huge United-fan according to himself!

lysglimt

Scout
I am really looking forward to this, almost as much as the derby!

It will be great to see these lads playing at OT.
I can enjoy this game - the derby-games is all about nerves! So in a way - this game is better :)

Brightonian

So you don't think we should start our strongest side in the Youth Cup ? And Barmby IS a lot better player than Pereira still!
I suppose you're right. It'd just be a shame if Pereira doesn't get any games along the way, and this is surely going to be one of our easiest in the cup. I don't really mind either way, though - that's the nice thing about our U18s, they're all fecking brilliant.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies

Should also be noticed that this Burnley-side is quite poor - they have 7 wins and 4 defeats against quite poor opposition and only have 3 players who are second-years. They had a very good side last year which went out against Blackburn in the semi - but then they practically had a full team of second-year players

Their leading scorer Jason Gílchrist played for City for 10 years before being released - and he has scored 16 in 12 matches apparently. He is also a huge United-fan according to himself!
They're obviously different players but I don't think there's that much between them in terms of their form so far this season. Pereira's last couple of performances before his vanishing act are certainly up there with anything Barmby's shown of late, and that's not to say he's been poor. Also, Jack does tend to turn it up a notch for the youth cup.

Thanks for the info on Burnley.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Cant wait for this.

Starting Line up according to Peter Bolton on Twitter;

Gollini, Love, Rowley, Grimshaw, Ioannou, Pearson, Barmby, Weir, Wilson, Januzaj, Daehli.

Subs; Rudge, Sutherland, Byrne, Dalley, Gorre.

Rudge unlucky to miss out but Weir has been excellent this year and fully deserves his start.

Shame no Rothwell or Perriera, both must be injured.

Im guessing;

--------------Gollini--------------
Love---Grimshaw-Ioannou---Rowley
----------Pearson--Weir----------
Barmby------Januzaj----------Daehli
--------------Wilson-------------

Hope this talented team does itself justice tonight.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Pereiera must be injured. Wankworthy team that.

KM

They're playing Eminem's song in the montage :lol:

KM

I love Robin Van Persie. Good interview.

KM

Burnley have only 3 second years and have 5 schoolboys playing. Not wanting to be a cnut, but think we'll this match easily.

Man-United

Is Cameron Howieson playing for Burnley? Heard he's a talented player.

NM

PM me a stream? Can't seem to find one