Fabinho | Al-Ittihad player

Ban

@automaticflare
I wasn't talking about Moyes. I was talking about the club. The last five years they've done things a bit differently. It would have been easy to follow the blueprint laid out by SAF. I don't see the necessity to change.

I don't see that we needed experience. A good 24 year old could have done the job Matic has done this season.

He could listen to SAF, who did things exactly as I was saying. Or, for instance, copy Real Madrid. They hardly ever sign players older than 26. He/the club wouldn't have to sign exactly the players the fans wanted, just players in that mould. He/the club would have plenty of room to maneuver within the parameters I laid out. And it wouldn't be a break from our past.
You're aware SAF didnt sign players fans wanted but who he wanted. Same goes for Ed and Mourinho.

Oh and:
Lindelof, 23
Bailly, 24
Lukaku, 25
Pogba, 25
Martial, 22
Shaw, 22

AXVnee7

Get a grip?
Transfer window opened and United are caught napping again - like they always do. When the storm settles, we would be pursuing 3rd tier players like Arnautovic or Niasse at exorbitant rate. This has been the worst management at the club in years.

We missed out on Keita last season - we got a snail from Chelsea as a DM instead. But for De Gea, we would have finished 6th. United conceded the most shots on target in the top 6. Many of the bottom teams conceded fewer shots than United.
You’d think we have learnt a lesson but we have dropped a clanger yet again by losing an utility player that could have fixed the leaking RB position & the DM position in one fell swoop.

Woodward would promise Kroos & Modric only to end up with a no-mark mediocre midfielder that the parent club can’t be bothered about & we would all be expecting Jose to deliver a title with crap players. The club has lost its vision. No direction in the transfer market, no nous on the pitch.
Well if reports are to be believed, Fred is all but done for us. It could be a matter of days in between the two announcements. If it wasn't for the WC, I'm certain that it would be.

AR87

Get a grip?
Transfer window opened and United are caught napping again - like they always do. When the storm settles, we would be pursuing 3rd tier players like Arnautovic or Niasse at exorbitant rate. This has been the worst management at the club in years.

We missed out on Keita last season - we got a snail from Chelsea as a DM instead. But for De Gea, we would have finished 6th. United conceded the most shots on target in the top 6. Many of the bottom teams conceded fewer shots than United.
You’d think we have learnt a lesson but we have dropped a clanger yet again by losing an utility player that could have fixed the leaking RB position & the DM position in one fell swoop.

Woodward would promise Kroos & Modric only to end up with a no-mark mediocre midfielder that the parent club can’t be bothered about & we would all be expecting Jose to deliver a title with crap players. The club has lost its vision. No direction in the transfer market, no nous on the pitch.
One of the more reactionary and hyperbolic posts I've read in awhile.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Get a grip?

I like the way you encapsulate the feelings of United fans the world over.

Take a bow, son.

automaticflare

Get a grip ffs. Really. You're spouting some utter crap.
Agreed thread full of shite

Much like Vvd any midfielder would technically improve their midfield on paper but will it improve their balance or work rate which is critical to how they play right now: I am not so sure it will.

I do think he fits in well as a defensive midfielder which I said is more important for them to improve, but with a ball playing deep playmaker which I have doubts if Fabinho is. He will certainly close some gaps that were always left exposed with current midfield. That should protect their back 4 more and maybe their defensive record which they will need if salah does t get 40 goals again which he won’t.

It will be very hard for their midfield to have same work rate as this season and will be harder still if all 3 of the midfield are brand new to the league. That’s a big risk

el3mel

Why does it matter if we sign him today or next week? We haven’t got a game for a while I don’t think.
We need to sign him before WC, but apparently he's already with his NT now, no ? I can't see it finishing next week at all then.

Don't you? How about, the player himself would like to play in the WC first? Or does he not get a say in his own career when trying to please Red Cafe posters? How about, the club want to hold on to him until after the world cup in case his value increases? What if various members of his clubs executives, management team, his sponsors don't want him to transfer until after the world cup? What if there is a clause in his contract stating he can't negotiate with clubs until 1 July? There are so many variables potentially preventing a quick and easy transfer. This is not Football Manager 2018.

Oh and in answer to your other comment, it's well documented that City are also interested in him this summer and that he is open to both offers. Don't you realise this creates a bidding war in his salary? Why would he want to pass up the opportunity for an extra 30-40k per week by holding off a matter of weeks?
You know these questions are all contradicting each others ? Di Marzio already said that we have agreed on 50m price for him, not like we're still asking for how much he'll cost or that his club is waiting for higher offer. We already have agreed on the fee and it was said the medical soon, that was about a week ago and we're still waiting.

And if we go by that your -already contradicted- questions are right and in their place, then shouldn't we start working on other transfers then ?

There're 2 weeks prior to WC, again we should sign at least 1-2 players before it, because after it we won't have time for anything more than 2 players at best I'm afraid, so Ok, here it's, I'm waiting, let's see what we'll do in these 2 weeks.

Ban

Agreed thread full of shite

Much like Vvd any midfielder would technically improve their midfield on paper but will it improve their balance or work rate which is critical to how they play right now: I am not so sure it will.

I do think he fits in well as a defensive midfielder which I said is more important for them to improve, but with a ball playing deep playmaker which I have doubts if Fabinho is. He will certainly close some gaps that were always left exposed with current midfield. That should protect their back 4 more and maybe their defensive record which they will need if salah does t get 40 goals again which he won’t.

It will be very hard for their midfield to have same work rate as this season and will be harder still if all 3 of the midfield are brand new to the league. That’s a big risk
I've never seen this kind of panic. It's completely crazy in here.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
We could have finished the deal with Fred earlier before he goes to his national team. It's not really a complicated deal to take time like this.

Anyway I'm not expecting any signings before WC anymore.
Got the inside track on this deal, have we?

Son Of Sam

One of the more reactionary and hyperbolic posts I've read in awhile.
Yeah....it’s reactionary & hyperbolic. I would be looking out for your username immediately the transfer window slams shut. I would ask for your opinion on the squad and if the squad is capable of winning the league title - if your answer is not affirmative, you must apologise for the phrase you used above “reactionary & hyperbolic”.

Ban

Yeah....it’s reactionary & hyperbolic. I would be looking out for your username immediately the transfer window slams shut. I would ask for your opinion on the squad and if the squad is capable of winning the league title - if your answer is not affirmative, you must apologise for the phrase you used above “reactionary & hyperbolic”.
:lol:

the unknown one.

The raven sits ever watchful above my chamber door
Get a grip?

:lol:

Get a grip?

If I was a City fan pretending to be a Utd fan on their forum - this is exactly what I would post to try and wind them up.

Liverpool fans must be beside themselves this evening, not because they have signed a good player, but because of this reaction, it’s hilarious and utterly embarrassing in equal measures.

el3mel

Got the inside track on this deal, have we?
Because World Cup will end on 15th July and the transfer deadline day this year will be on 9th Aug ? That's less than one month after World Cup to finish the deals. All the clubs will stop negotiation with anyone during this period, except the players not playing in it. It'll get very congested post World Cup.

In 2014 I remember Mourinho finished almost all his important deals with Chelsea prior to World Cup. In the year of World Cup, it matters, especially when it's ever a shorter transfer window this year thanks to FA agreeing on closing the window on day 1 of the season.

After World Cup, we'll have enough time to sign 2 players at best, so we'll need to get 1-2 also prior to it.

AR87

:lol::lol::lol:

acnumber9

We need to sign him before WC, but apparently he's already with his NT now, no ? I can't see it finishing next week at all then.

You know these questions are all contradicting each others ? Di Marzio already said that we have agreed on 50m price for him, not like we're still asking for how much he'll cost or that his club is waiting for higher offer. We already have agreed on the fee and it was said the medical soon, that was about a week ago and we're still waiting.

And if we go by that your -already contradicted- questions are right and in their place, then shouldn't we start working on other transfers then ?

There're 2 weeks prior to WC, again we should sign at least 1-2 players before it, because after it we won't have time for anything more than 2 players at best I'm afraid, so Ok, here it's, I'm waiting, let's see what we'll do in these 2 weeks.
No we don’t. We need to sign him before the season starts. I think that’s more than a week away.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
And when the window slams shut and we have signed players that aren’t ‘3rd tier’ you’ll be on here, apologising profusely for throwing a wobbly because Liverpool signed a player, right?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Get a grip?

What's wrong with you?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
And another thng! If Borinho sells poor Martial after alienating him, he'll go on to score a million billion goals & win the Balloon Door & Grand National!!!!

Dolf

We're going to regret not signing him! Liverpool stacking up on all the talent.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
And another thng! If Borinho sells poor Martial after alienating him, he'll go on to score a million billion goals & win the Balloon Door & Grand National!!!!
Martial is Tiger Roll confirmed?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Well it kind of is both reactionary (you're reacting to a transfer made by our rivals and not a particularly worrying one in all honesty) and hyperbolic (you're envisaging the absolute worst scenario imaginable with the whole 'we're going to end up with a team of no-marks because Woody is to slow to get business done).

That said, you need to relax and be patient. The transfer window hasn't even opened yet and already you're flying off the handle. You will never make it through the summer at this rate ;)

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Seems a good signing. I'll stop short of engraving their name on the PL trophy for now though.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Liverpool signing Keita, Fabinho and Fekir in one transfer window would be very impressive. They need a goalkeeper and they're good to go as long as everyone stays. Could use some upgrades in defense but I think that can wait one season.

They might not win anything and I know this is a United forum so I won't give too many compliments but it is very impressive what they're doing.

Son Of Sam

Take a break
Well if reports are to be believed, Fred is all but done for us. It could be a matter of days in between the two announcements. If it wasn't for the WC, I'm certain that it would be.
Until Fred signs for Chelsea or City and the folks here would come out with the usual line “we were never really in for Fred, the media made it up” and we start pursuing Gueye or Mark Noble aggressively.

This is the only football site fans want to taste shit before they know it’s shit. Looking at it from afar or even smelling it from a distance is not enough evidence. It must be tasted before they are sure it’s fecal matter.

We are not serious yet about winning the league title. Serious contenders enter the market quickly and complete all the deals . We already know our deficiencies - what the heck are we waiting for? For £ to appreciate against the €??

dbryan

Think you need to chill out a bit. Have a glass of warm milk or some coco and go to bed. Just relax. It will all be ok. Fabinho is a decent player but he is not the world class center md that United need, or the world class center mid that United will sign.

Just take a breath mate.

automaticflare

@automaticflare
I wasn't talking about Moyes. I was talking about the club. The last five years they've done things a bit differently. It would have been easy to follow the blueprint laid out by SAF. I don't see the necessity to change.

I don't see that we needed experience. A good 24 year old could have done the job Matic has done this season.

He could listen to SAF, who did things exactly as I was saying. Or, for instance, copy Real Madrid. They hardly ever sign players older than 26. He/the club wouldn't have to sign exactly the players the fans wanted, just players in that mould. He/the club would have plenty of room to maneuver within the parameters I laid out. And it wouldn't be a break from our past.

Wtf are you on about blueprint

You realize fergie bought RVp
Sold Stam, bought Blanc
Bought sheringham
Bought Dwight Yorke
Bought Veron
Van der sar
Berbatov
Valencia
Ashley young

So whatever blueprint your on about you can’t read it if you think we only signed kids. Again an idiotic post

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Get a grip?

This is just an awful post.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Until Fred signs for Chelsea or City and the folks here would come out with the usual line “we were never really in for Fred, the media made it up” and we start pursuing Gueye or Mark Noble aggressively.

This is the only football site fans want to taste shit before they know it’s shit. Looking at it from afar or even smelling it from a distance is not enough evidence. It must be tasted before they are sure it’s fecal matter.

We are not serious yet about winning the league title. Serious contenders enter the market quickly and complete all the deals . We already know our deficiencies - what the heck are we waiting for? For £ to appreciate against the €??
Shite and obvious WUM, mods please do something about it

He's a good player not a great player so I'm not fussed, me personally I rate Weigl more I think he has a higher ceiling.

No Love

Utter carnage in here. Feel a Redcafe cull coming this summer, some posters are losing the plot after a few short weeks.

Ban

Stop wumming.

Handré1990

Think I’ve watched him like ten times maybe, he does look very good imo, not as good as the reaction on here would indicate, not yet anyway. With that said, I think he’ll do very well for them.