Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

If they've literally just signed him, why the hell would they sell him? This makes no sense.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Maybe he's like a Rafael who can actually stay fit (hopefully I'm not cursing him).

FromTheBench

If they've literally just signed him, why the hell would they sell him? This makes no sense.
They had him on loan and activated a buy clause this summer which now seemed cheap after him impressing apparently.

No reason why it can't happen if they make a good profit.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Apparently Monaco are in a bit of dire straits financially. It would make good business sense to use their low purchase clause from his loan from Portugal (set 2 years ago) and then sell at massive profit.

Sam

They had him on loan and activated a buy clause this summer which now seemed cheap after him impressing apparently.

No reason why it can't happen if they make a good profit.
But why would they want to sell him, if they've just bought him? Thats my point. Yes, they can make some easy money, but surely they'd want to keep the player?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
6ft 2 according to wiki. YouTube videos suggests he's a safety first style right back. Capable of going forward. Would likely be a back up to Valencia to start if true.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
But why would they want to sell him, if they've just bought him? Thats my point. Yes, they can make some easy money, but surely they'd want to keep the player?
Because they know that 6m isn't his real value, they don't intend to sell him but if a good offer comes they will.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
If you'd rented a car for 2 years and the garage were contractually obliged to sell you the car for, say £1,000 but you knew someone who wanted to buy that car for £5,000, are you saying you wouldn't sell the car because you'd literally just bought it?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Very easy money for Monaco, would be strange if they sold him though.

Redo91

You obviously aren't aware of Monaco's current financial situation then?

drdoityourself

It's strange that a small club like Rio Ave signs someone and then starts loaning him out to Real Madrid and Monaco.
I've only seen him once but I know he's a right back so I'm hoping this one goes through.

RooneyLegend

Wrong, he's been quality and isn't far off Danillo who he will rival for a place in the Brazil side going forward, we should be all over him.
He's nowhere close to Danilo. He's like a center back being played at fullback. Absolutely useless on the ball and considering we're going to need great offensive play from them both moving forward, he's not the man for us.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He's nowhere close to Danilo. He's like a center back being played at fullback. Absolutely useless on the ball and considering we're going to need great offensive play from them both moving forward, he's not the man for us.
Fabinho isn't useless on the ball and since he is 21, he will improve a lot.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Very good target, if rumours about him, Firmino, Schneiderlin and Otamendi are true then we're doing some really good scouting and identifying our targets very very well.

goin4glory

Useless on the ball, what? He's good on the ball and only going to get better.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
He impressed me a lot against Arsenal.. he stood out more than anyone. He played defensive midfield against us and looked like he had a great defensive mind. I hear he normally plays full back but wouldn't have been able to tell that night.

Obviously you can't make judgements off of one game but there certainly looked to be a player in him.

bucky

Jesus. Starting to think you are constantly wumming.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Both of Monaco's fullbacks (including Kurzawa) are potentially very good players. Fabinho is more in the Ivanovic mold - defensively stout above all else right-back as of now (which isn't necessarily a bad thing to begin with). He might never be an Alves or a Maicon, but his attacking play has shown marked improvement through the last season, and will likely improve in the coming years.

Some fullbacks are great at bombing forward but need to work on their defensive work-rate or positioning, or vice versa - that's all part of a player's progression, and at 21 Fabinho is far from the final product. So a hands-on trainer coach like Van Gaal should be able to aid his development, especially when Fabinho offers a degree of versatility like Bernat or Alaba (albeit to a varying degree). Also worth bearing in mind that United's greatest rightback of all time (and the greatest rightback in Premier League history) wasn't a naturally gifted attacking fullback at 21, but he was tenacious and improved each season - from his crossing technique, to his positioning or timing the runs ins sync with Beckham, etc.

That said, (if De Gea leaves) personally I wouldn't touch Fabinho because of Mendes factor. Might come across as a myopic or counter-productive stance, and he isn't 100 % responsible to be fair - but the partnership hasn't worked out very well for United for the most part, and we might be better served severing all ties with that man (apart from Di Maria of course). There are plenty of other fish in the sea.

ravi2

6ft 2 according to wiki. YouTube videos suggests he's a safety first style right back. Capable of going forward. Would likely be a back up to Valencia to start if true.
Then what's the point.
That's only my impression. Just came across a bit too raw and a few sloppy mistakes still.
I don't think LVG sees Valencia as our full time RB , I also don't think he would spend money on a new RB only to have him as a backup to Valencia. I haven't seen anything from him except a you tube clip or two so I am not qualified to comment further....but is he really better than clyne and Coleman?

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
I think he would be a decent buy, it's not like there are many great alternatives outthere, he looked solid in most Monaco games I could watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.