Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Could be he feels he's more likely to get games for Brazil at rb than midfield. When Monaco qualified for CL that probably blew this one out of the water.
He is a better rightback, he plays well in midfield but he isn't anything special. As a rightback, he is potentially world class.

United Pro

Yeah, I wasn't even including Rojo as I think he's demonstrated that he's awful at LB in the Prem, though maybe he's another one that was jaded under LVG. Blind is the only one out of that group I rate at LB as I think his intelligence in making runs and deliver adds alot to our attacking play from that position, but I would rather keep him at CB unless it's an injury crisis facing us.

You're right though Darmian can play there and TFM did see some time there, so perhaps Mourinho wouldn't shy away from giving him an opportunity. We'll have a better idea once Europa games start.
I agree, I don't rate Rojo as a first teamer, but I reckon we have enough players to play in the LB position, not necessarily of the right quality. But saying that, as we've seen in this summer and from our transfers in previous years, buying new players that aren't good enough won't improve us. So I'd rather us keep our players than overspend on players that won't really improve us.

Tiber

The MEN is desperately trying to get clicks by hinting at Fabinho.

I seriously doubt we sign anyone.

WelshManc

The MEN is desperately trying to get clicks by hinting at Fabinho.

I seriously doubt we sign anyone.
Yer I seen that and thought exactly the same, there's no chance we sign anyone today. I could see Phil Jones going out on loan though.

JPRouve

Scout
Monaco announced that despite attempts from big clubs they have managed to keep all their players and are happy to go into the season with that promising roster.

VanGaalyTime

Monaco announced that despite attempts from big clubs they have managed to keep all their players and are happy to go into the season with that promising roster.
Could still see United making one big attempt to get him. He's not exactly shown himself to be wildly committed to Monaco. 30m bid should seal it if we really want to sign him.

JPRouve

Scout
Could still see United making one big attempt to get him. He's not exactly shown himself to be wildly committed to Monaco. 30m bid should seal it if we really want to sign him.
There have been no rumours concerning Fabinho though. The players they are talking about are Lemar, Dirar and Bernardo Silva who have been heavily linked with Atletico Madrid and Lazio.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We made the 4 signings Mourinho talked about early. We listened to Mourinho saying how it was good to get it all done early.

And yet we still think we're trying to sign someone on the last day, like a desperate Moysie?

United Pro

Virtually impossible for this to happen. Only way is in the next hour or so, Rojo is sold (and possibly Jones loaned). We were never going to buy another player without selling, given how large our squad is.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We might have been interested early on but I think Valencia has impressed him lots. Darmians a decent back up, let's see how the season goes.

van Persie

We might have been interested early on but I think Valencia has impressed him lots. Darmians a decent back up, let's see how the season goes.
He's played quite a bit as a defensive midfielder though and with the Fellaini injury Mourinho might have changed his mind about the squad

Deleted member 101472

Not going to happen. Just the bookies sensing easy money to try and tempt more people to bet on Fabinho to United.
Yep , amazing that some people don't even consider this a possibility .

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Yep , amazing that some people don't even consider this a possibility .
Too many people think the odds are based on inside information the bookies have, not based on where the money is being bet so the bookies can make sure no matter what the outcome is they make money. Given the relatively low amount of betting on transfers it does not even take that much money to move the odds.

Adam-Utd

He's played quite a bit as a defensive midfielder though and with the Fellaini injury Mourinho might have changed his mind about the squad
Fellaini isn't injured I don't think.

Adam-Utd

Back injury supposedly. Jose said it in an injury. Although he might just be winding people up.
Yeah, I don't believe him. The way he was saying it seemed fishy to me. Not sure how he could have developed a "very bad" back injury, he walked off the pitch fine and interviewed afterwards OK.

Managed to fly out to Belgium too, if you have a bad back you don't manage that. I am betting come the Derby he's miraculously recovered.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I can see Jose perhaps going in for him in the January transfer window.

I guess it all depends on how well our backline and 'defensive' midfielders do until then.

Fenomeno9

Why do we need Fabinho at all? Is he really better than Darmian? The guy doesn't even get into the current piss poor Brazil team!
That has nothing to do with the player quality. Our current coach called up Paulinho ffs because he worked with him in the past. btw, Dunga used to call up Fabinho but never played him over Daniel Alves.

Status
Not open for further replies.