Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinC00

Think we would have done so by now, if it were true.
Think Woody fancies having a deal on deadline day just to get some press.

Martial last year
Falcao the year before

What's the common thing between those two deals?

Monaco.

Who does Fabinho currently play for?

kidbob

Martial last year
Falcao the year before

Monaco.

Is it Monaco by any chance?

Creepy

Account relocated to MaxiPaxi

Martial last year
Falcao the year before

Monaco.

Monaco, definitely Monaco.

Sigma

We are not signing him (I've said this like a billion times)

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Makes sense if Darmian wants out, not wanting to fight for his place. I could see a scenario where Darmian is loaned back to Italy and this guy comes in.

Sigma

We need a DM though?

Fellaini is not good enough.
According Jose we don't. He said he has 5 players for 2 positions (excluding TFM). He's said we won't be signing anyone this last week. He's also said he already has 23 players that he wants to keep in the squad.

Maybe he is lying, but I doubt it

the unknown one.

The raven sits ever watchful above my chamber door
According Jose we don't. He said he has 5 players for 2 positions (excluding TFM). He's said we won't be signing anyone this last week. He's also said he already has 23 players that he wants to keep in the squad.

Trying to keep the price down perhaps?

I don't believe Jose is 100% satisfied with any of our CM options other than Pogba.

I can see him coming.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Doubt we will sign him but maybe fellaini could be injured for longer than we think and Mourinho now feels we need cover.

AndyJ1985

We can't keep spending and making the squad even more bloated. Any further signings were always going to be dependant on getting rid of some players.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I can see us signing him because his wife started following us not long ago and I am not even joking. We are probably at least in contact with him. Three or four deals that we have completed in the past few years have had said player or his family following Man United or its players (or the other way around) with a transfer wrapped up eventually. Such are the times we live in.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

Yes Jose has never lied before

Edit - better include this :rolleyes:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yes Jose has never lied before

Edit - better include this :rolleyes:
The original point is completely correct though. We already bloated as it is, with very little sign of departures.

Hellboy

I only seen the second half and thought he seemed a bit lethargic and static.

Made a couple of good passes though.

How was he in the first half?
Controlled the tempo of the game, good first touch, good short passing, very good physically. He would be a significant upgrade on Fellaini and could cover Valencia very well.

Faded in the second half though.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
The original point is completely correct though. We already bloated as it is, with very little sign of departures.
I dont bloatation would matter to Jose/Woodward if he felt like he needed a good Dm.

Thars just personal opinion though so who knows

Obiorahking_

People say Fellaini isn't good enough yet he has been a top 3 performer in our last 3 games and looks to be an integral part of our team, according to Mourinho. Even he he dips or gets injured we have the likes of Schneiderlin and Carrick on our bench.
Fabinho looked decent an all but he isn't that much better than what we have got, whether he is playing as a DM and definitely not as a RB.

I just don't get the hype with this guy at all.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I can see this deal happening if Darmian is off. Fabinho just strikes me as a Mourinho player and don't forget Mourinho gave him his debut as a youngster at Real Madrid. He can play as a defensive midfielder too so I wouldn't be surprised if we sign him and play him as a DM especially in the big games. He will have to be something special to replace Valencia as our first choice right back though.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Does the fact that Castles is Mendes' mouthpiece make this more or less reliable? Think I heard before that both Fonte and Fabinho are Mendes clients so this story could just be a way of bringing attention to these two guys before the window slams shut.

Fonte and Fabinho would be an improvement to our 23 in place of two of Rojo/Jones/Darmian by all accounts, so I wouldn't mind if these deals came to fruition tbh. Fabinho can do a good job in both RB and DM, takes penalties and is only 22. I like what I'm hearing.

ti vu

Do you watch him regularly?

I have heard he is comparable to Fernandinho at City.
Not regular follower, but did catch Ligue 1 big games last few seasons. He's more of Gilberto Silva than Fernandinho IMO. So we're doing a Vieira - Giberto Silva new gen knock off. Another dig at Wenger? :wenger:

LouisDanGaal

Does the fact that Castles is Mendes' mouthpiece make this more or less reliable? Think I heard before that both Fonte and Fabinho are Mendes clients so this story could just be a way of bringing attention to these two guys before the window slams shut.

Fonte and Fabinho would be an improvement to our 23 in place of two of Rojo/Jones/Darmian by all accounts, so I wouldn't mind if these deals came to fruition tbh. Fabinho can do a good job in both RB and DM, takes penalties and is only 22. I like what I'm hearing.
Jose has made it really quite clear we aren't bringing any more players in during this window. The whole mouthpiece thing is nonsense and even if it wasn't journalists would still take a shot at stories for clicks.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Jose has made it really quite clear we aren't bringing any more players in during this window. The whole mouthpiece thing is nonsense and even if it wasn't journalists would still take a shot at stories for clicks.
Jose unequivocally denying anymore potential incomings means nothing though as far as I'm concerned. He's hardly going to say "Yeah well, Jones and Rojo are rubbish would love to sell them, I don't fancy Darmian much either." I think if he has the opportunity to strengthen his 23 he'll take it. Probably won't be any more business but yeah, I wouldn't completely rule it out.

Sorry I thought it had been well established that Castles was Mendes bitch, that's what I read on here anyway! Which if that was the case I thought it might just be PR to get people interested in Fabinho and Fonte. If he's not as connected to Mendes as I've been led to believe, then yeah, probably talking out his big alopecia ridden ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.