Fabio da Silva | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
The guy can cross. :D

We finally have someone so that we can rest Evra regularly and not lose our impetus going forward from left back. His fitness record though is worrying.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Put in a good performance tonight, great little crosser of the ball & seems to have a great work ethic too, i'd like to see him get a decent run in the team now, he definitely deserves to start against Blackburn after tonignts performance.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's amazing the similarity to Rafael.

He's exactly the same player as Rafael was before he played enough first-team football to take his defending to the next level. Basically he's the same player as Rafael was a year or two ago.

Well, I say "amazing" but they are twins tbf.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
delighted that he done well though i missed most of the game. He's a real prospect once he builds up a head of steam. I'm not sure if he started the game? I imagine so - but nice to see him finishing it

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
there is virtually no way of telling the difference which was is which! its mad.

fabio got me very excited today. thought he was excellent.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Wouldn't go that far, good performance tonight though
I didn't mean that I thought he was better than Evra as heclearly isn't. I just meant that I think that he certainly has the potential to be just as good.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I actually think he looks very unnatural playing on the left hand side. His tendancy in everything he does is to come infield. I think he looks very uncomfortable when under pressure or in tight situations using his left foot.

I like him though

Tribec

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this Fabio's first full 90 minutes of competative football for the first team? It's about time that he got that under his belt. It's scary what potential he and his brother have got.

WireRed

We need to see more of him and for Fergie to trust in him more to really judge him IMO. He's unfortunate in the sense Evra is his competition but I'd like to see him blooded a bit more in games like tonight and in games like Wolves, Wigan, and West Ham at home, games in which he hasn't featured and means he's still not getting much PL experience. Was promising tonight but the fear is that it'll be a while before he appears again.

His versatility makes him such a useful full back. Tonight I thought he looked comfortable against Rangers. They hardly attacked but whenever he found himself in a potentially tricky situation he handled it superbly. You can see that he obviously prefers to use his right foot but he's developed his left to such a degree that it's quite accurate as well.

I just want to see him get more games because he has some catching up to do with Rafael. Fabio is developing into a competent replacement for Evra and is only gonna get better with time. I could see him potentially being more effective than him in the box because he has a history of goalscoring.

wr8_utd

:'(
Fabio's always been said to be the better twin. Will turn out bloody brilliant if that's true.

wr8_utd

:'(
His versatility makes him such a useful full back. Tonight I thought he looked comfortable against Rangers. They hardly attacked but whenever he found himself in a potentially tricky situation he handled it superbly. You can see that he obviously prefers to use his right foot but he's developed his left to such a degree that it's quite accurate as well.

I just want to see him get more games because he has some catching up to do with Rafael. Fabio is developing into a competent replacement for Evra and is only gonna get better with time. I could see him potentially being more effective than him in the box because he has a history of goalscoring.
Wasn't he Brazil's top scorer in some World Cup? :lol:

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
It's amazing the similarity to Rafael.

He's exactly the same player as Rafael was before he played enough first-team football to take his defending to the next level. Basically he's the same player as Rafael was a year or two ago.

Well, I say "amazing" but they are twins tbf.
He even still has the curly hair that Rafael had back when he was playing the same way, it's uncanny really.

Godfather

He hasnt bulked up the way Rafael has though has he?
Rafael looks 10 times bigger than him now.

8thWonder

That's really against him, a left back has to be left-footed in my opinion.
Dennis Irwin was right footed...

As pogue said, very similar to rafael of a few years ago, looks less built than his brother and he tries to prove himself physically by rushing into challenges, hence a few free kicks given against him for jumping into players for headers early on.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Strange thing is that Cnut repeated a post of mine earlier, but I didn't realise I was repeating yours, oh well.

I don't know what's best, mind, putting muscle on can slow you down and reduce your mobility quite a bit as well as give obvious advantages. Although being an extremely skinny fecker I would say that, wouldn't I?

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
The twins, Smallingbauer and Evans could be our back 4 for the next decade if nobody poaches any of them, now all we need is a good young goalkeeper and we're set.
wtf is all this poaching shite?

We've had one player leave us, after a massive contribution and for a massive profit. Live with it.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
My original point was that we've potentially got a back 4 for the next decade as long as we can keep them here, which you reacted to rather strangely.
A point which I didn't argue with at all, a joyous thing that it is.

I took issue with the 'poaching' though, it's one step from saying 'He's off to Real' every time a United man does anything good at all. Which as a United fan deeply pisses me off, and I find a very cnutish thing to say. If that's strange, so be it.

December_16

The twins, Smallingbauer and Evans could be our back 4 for the next decade if nobody poaches any of them, now all we need is a good young goalkeeper and we're set.
If we put this young defence out there, then I'd rather an old old head to calm them down. But I see your point.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
He was alright, not tested defensively and very right footed going forward for a player who's always played down the left, he needs to work his left foot so he isn't so often facing in when reciebing ball

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
A point which I didn't argue with at all, a joyous thing that it is.

I took issue with the 'poaching' though, it's one step from saying 'He's off to Real' every time a United man does anything good at all. Which as a United fan deeply pisses me off, and I find a very cnutish thing to say. If that's strange, so be it.
It's a cnutish situation certainly, but the reality is that players hold all the cards and Barca/Real are very tempting for anyone. So I can't say with any certainty that we can hold on to all four of those young defenders for a decade, therefore I added the proviso "if nobody poaches them". So all in all not very controversial!

Status
Not open for further replies.