Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Not having these Mata or Silva comparisons one bit. He doesn’t look to play slowly or pass and move, he gets the ball and drives at opponents and is happy going inside or out.

the one player he reminds me of? Kanchelskis. :drool:

he’s a fun player to watch, put in 2/3 beautiful crosses from the right so far. He might be a little way off first team at the moment but you can see why we signed him, great natural ability.
I cant stop seeing it now :lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Tim Vickery comoared him to David Silva when he signed. Similar close control but not seeing any other similarity. Would like to see him on the left.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
just seen a couple of clips - he'll never make it at United: he can beat a man, get to the byline and cross to a guy wearing the same colour shirt: he's a proper bloody winger. that will never do!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I cant stop seeing it now :lol:
Love it, just gets his head down and runs full speed weaving in and out. If he pulls out a sailor stand or whatever the hell they call it, i'll full on fangirl.

Tapori

Not having these Mata or Silva comparisons one bit. He doesn’t look to play slowly or pass and move, he gets the ball and drives at opponents and is happy going inside or out.

the one player he reminds me of? Kanchelskis. :drool:

he’s a fun player to watch, put in 2/3 beautiful crosses from the right so far. He might be a little way off first team at the moment but you can see why we signed him, great natural ability.
Nailed

pascell

He's settling in nicely now, solid game from him last night.

The u23s as a whole are starting to settle well and gel too.

I was impressed with Shoretire too, at 16, he's holding his own strength wise and now showing more glimpses of his quality.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

Looks good
His speed and close control is excellent - and it's such a good idea to get him in the U23's rather than straight into the first team to inevitably struggle and not settle in properly.

I'm getting Hazard vibes in his dribbling ability, for those comparing. A taller version

Hoof the ball

Fandrei Pellchelskis.

Seldom pointed out but his defensive work-rate is incredible. How many times has he out-muscled another player off the ball, or pick-pocketed them, or held his own on the ball despite being clearly fouled? We're dealing with a quality system player here. The kind of quality-in-both-transitions type of player. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he settled into the 1st team squad like a fish in water.

His pass choice, decision making, dribbling, close control all are mature.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's settling in nicely now, solid game from him last night.

The u23s as a whole are starting to settle well and gel too.

I was impressed with Shoretire too, at 16, he's holding his own strength wise and now showing more glimpses of his quality.
This isn't highlighted enough for me. He's 16 and holding his own against far more physically imposing guys. He looks a top talent.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I wonder if part of the reason we decided to sign Cavani was because the club wanted him to help Pellistri settle in. They are both from Uruguay and Cavani is from Salto, which is only 2km from Montevideo, which is where Pellistri is from. Might just be a coincidence but you never know.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I wonder if part of the reason we decided to sign Cavani was because the club wanted him to help Pellistri settle in. They are both from Uruguay and Cavani is from Salto, which is only 2km from Montevideo, which is where Pellistri is from. Might just be a coincidence but you never know.
Nah in this situation I think you know.

The answer is no.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He does look kinda terrific. I want him involved after January.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Fandrei Pellchelskis.

Seldom pointed out but his defensive work-rate is incredible. How many times has he out-muscled another player off the ball, or pick-pocketed them, or held his own on the ball despite being clearly fouled? We're dealing with a quality system player here. The kind of quality-in-both-transitions type of player.
That's a requirement for our NT, there's an emphasis on the system over individuality. That's how Cavani started getting into it in WC2010.

Inside a game we would switch between 5-3-2 (Suarez-Cavani upfront), 4-4-2 (Forlan-Suarez with Cavani RM) and 4-3-3 (Cavani RFwd).

Conor

His first goal for United was a very similar finish to Cavani’s first. This bodes well.

How bad is no. 9 for that piece of play haha, just gives up in a huff once he doesn't get the ball.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I'm sure those things were considered by club and player as upsides of making both moves, not that either signing was predicated on the other.

Salto is not 2kms from Montevideo, more like 400 or so. It's the second city farthest from Montevideo.

Gerald G

Nice!

I have to keep in mind that he is only 18 years old so we should be patient and give him a chance to progress. I know we bought him from abroad so want him involved in the first team ASAP but let him grow into the English game with the U23s first. Maybe he can get a game or two from January onwards. I was thinking about the FA Cup but then remembered we drew Watford so will likely go with a relatively strong team.

stevoc

He’s a superb winger but I feel we’re well equipped there. Love to see him running through the middle using that pace and control

PS stonewall penalty in that game
Sorry who is well equipped with wingers?

Lynty

Looks too good for u23 football. Great place to find his feet and settle into the club. Good man management

romufc

With Martial, Cavani injured, would he be on bench in upcoming games? Considering we only have Rashford and Greenwood fit?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Sounds like he has a fantastic attitude on top of talent, which is great news. Looks very one footed, but doesn't seem to matter a great deal with that close control and acceleration.

Bondi77

I think we will see him get a bit of game time in Carabo Cup (if it is still called that) this season and he is looking good with a great attitude and work ethic.

Santos J

I think we will see him get a bit of game time in Carabo Cup (if it is still called that) this season and he is looking good with a great attitude and work ethic.
Our next game in the Carabao is vs Everton in the quarters, doubt we'll see him in that. Maybe in the FA Cup if we get a favourable draw next round. Providing we beat Watford. :nervous:

Status
Not open for further replies.