Facundo Pellistri / SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestietom

We should spend the Sancho money on Upamecano and Partey, and bring in Telles. Leave Greenwood and Pellestri share the RW for another year. Fans would be happy with this. IMO

Upamecano, Partey, Telles, VdB and Cavani.

Last edited:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Another Valencia then.
Have you actually watched the videos? :houllier:

Stylistically he looks like a City winger really. Hopefully a less pathetic Ferran Torres. Looked like he gets hacked down a fair bit in Uruguay and gets up and gets on with it.

Red_toad

We should spend the Sancho money on Upamecano and Partey, and bring in Telles. Leave Greenwood and Pellestri share the RW for another year. Fans would be happy with this. IMO
We’re saving the cash for next summer when we can exploit the market :lol:

Honestly can’t believe we’re going to have Greenwood as our only effect right sided attacker for the entire season.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

Upamecano, Partey, Telles, DvB and Cavani.
Greenwood and Sancho can play on both wings. If anything Sancho's arrival would mean more rest for Rashford, lesser minutes for Lingard and Mata albeit the latter being in fine form.

Bestietom

Stylistically he looks like a City winger really. Hopefully a less pathetic Ferran Torres. Looked like he gets hacked down a fair bit in Uruguay and gets up and gets on with it.
Good, haven't seen him play.

BlahRules

The Uruguayan's that I talk to say he's more in the mould of a Dybala, stylistically. After watching a few videos of his touches and such, I'd probably agree with that. His movements on the ball aren't too dissimilar.
A number 10 then. I hope he can adapt his game to us.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
The Athletic wrote about him too, some takeaways from the article:
* Pellistri speaks English, Real & City also shown interest
* Plays on the right side of attack, but can also play on the left.
* Extremely quick. Two-footed. Loves to run at defenders.
* Needs to work on his shooting, considered far from a finished article.
* Pellistri has impressed with his speed, his through-balls, his aggressive pressing and fast recovery, and is considered calm under pressure.
* Delivered more crosses per game than any other player in Uruguay this season
* Spanish passport, so play anywhere across EU. Although that won't apply to England after Jan 1st, 2021.
David Moyes likes this.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A right footed right winger... interesting.

Castia

For what it’s worth and I know it’s a meme but he’s one of the best right winger wonderkids on Footy Manager.

Drifter

American
Hate these videos on YouTube that have welcome to United, like the deal is done. He looks good though.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I like signing these unheard of teenage talents. Even if they end up an Obertan it’s not the end of the world. For every 3 million Obertan’s there’s one Ronaldo. I suppose this guy is even more unheard of than both of them.

Are we actually buying him anyway? How reliable are the links? Heard nothing from the English media.

Drifter

American
I like signing these unheard of teenage talents. Even if they end up an Obertan it’s not the end of the world. For every 3 million Obertan’s there’s one Ronaldo. I suppose this guy is even more unheard of than both of them.

Are we actually buying him anyway? How reliable are the links? Heard nothing from the English media.
Reports from the Evening Standard says Uruguayan journalist Sebas Giovanelli says that United have agreed a fee said to be worth around €10m to sign the 18-year-old winger from Penarol

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He looks agile while dribbling which is nice to see. Speed isn’t all that important if you can’t turn (Dan James)

looks able to come inside and play 1-2s or go outside and cross.

For £9 he could be a bargain - doubt he will be involved straight away but looks to have good potential.

Bestietom

What would that be in wages... 800k a week?
Not sure i see us doing that
We are supposed to be one of the biggest clubs in the world, so this should be no problem for us. Getting rid of all the deadwood that we are overpaying would pay their wages.

Offside

He looks agile while dribbling which is nice to see. Speed isn’t all that important if you can’t turn (Dan James)

For £9 he could be a bargain - doubt he will be involved straight away but looks to have good potential.
£9 should be doable if Woodward sacrifices his evening Blue Hawaiian.

Alemar

Asked a friend from Uruguay about Pellistri: he says the guy is talented but very young. Good dribbling and pace, but needs to get stronger and work on his finishing a lot. All in all he says Facundo may need a Couple of months to adapt to European football

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
£9 should be doable if Woodward sacrifices his evening Blue Hawaiian.
:lol: might need to give up the company jet for a few weeks.
Asked a friend from Uruguay about Pellistri: he says the guy is talented but very young. Good dribbling and pace, but needs to get stronger and work on his finishing a lot. All in all he says Facundo may need a Couple of months to adapt to European football
Yeah I don’t think anybody should be expecting an immediate impact from him.

Offside

Fab seems to have confirmed it’s validity last night

wolvored

feck me id give them the full tenner. Woody stop 100 penny pinching!

jesperjaap

Good to read apparently he can speak some ENglish, a huge advantage to settling in. Cant really gain much from youtube videos but at least he can actually dribble and run PAST players unlike Daniel James! Sounds like a talented prospect that is way short at the moment on decision making in the final third and end product.
For me for £10m I like this deal BUT and its a very big BUT, is this now the Sancho alternative then? SOunds a player will take a fair while to develop anyway let alone settling into a new culture and league. What concerns me VDB and Pellestri.....great squad inprovements, do they improve our team though? I think even at 33 Cavani does but Greenwood as the main right winger for the season isnt what I want to see, no new centre back is a travesty and also concerned no proper cover for Matic either.

I think I have changed my stance on Dembele now Sancho is almost certainly not happening. Didnt want to risk signing him, only a loan thought a good move. But no Sancho, who else is there even comparable in quality we could possibly have signed this window, for me its only Chiesa who doesnt want to leave Italy, Bale as a short term option or Dembele. A window of £135-140m window of Telles, VDB, Pellestri, Dembele and Cavani wouldnt be a bad window at all taking blinkers off at dissapointment of losing out on Sancho if it were to happen, how many windows have we had that good, not many...........still NO CENTRE BACK mayjor mistake

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I suspect we are trying to do this now before brexit restrictions kick in where every visa is going to be tightened up

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.

Sounds like a good lad!. His fm stats have him good at crossing and has a bit of pace about him..

Just hoping he could fit into the English football and culture easier than Dan James has

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Seems we only can do deals when ex players are involved. Time to place Anderson at Porto to get Telles over the line.
Forlan was sacked about a month ago.

Pellistri is refusing to train.

We are signing Cavani.

Join the dots.

luke511

OK that's the right wing taken care off.
It's really not, he's 18 years old and doesn't look ready to start for United. We need a developed natural right winger. If this is our only right wing signing this window then it's a travesty.

antohan

If any kid in Uruguay from football background speaks English I think we should see him as an ambitious Boy.
Dont think learning English is not a necessary to succeed in South America. Some struggle to speak even years after moving to England.
Any kid today should in theory be learning English at school. Not that the level is amazing outside paid schools, but you can expect better than Valencia

The main issue is actually the teachers are rubbish at it but there's a programme being rolled out gradually with the British Council whereby both the teacher and the kids learn English through videoconferencing with Philippino teachers.

Daonico

Has this been confirmed anywhere?
It is pretty much confirmed in Uruguay. We paid the 10 million dollar clause, player will have the medical here before the weekend ends, and arrive on Manchester on monday apparently.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It is pretty much confirmed in Uruguay. We paid the 10 million dollar clause, player will have the medical here before the weekend ends, and arrive on Manchester on monday apparently.
Thanks.

Woodenlung

The Telegraph reported that we were in discussions with Penarol last night. Think that's the only British based publication that have been on it so far.

Hopefully this gets done. I always liked the 'out of nowhere' type signings.

antohan

Has this been confirmed anywhere?
All the local media have it as a done deal since yesterday afternoon. This is a small country, you don't burn your fingers talking crap, nor would the directors of the biggest club let that be said if untrue (the fans ain't happy at all).

But then, there's always Woody's fax machine.

DevilRed

The Athletic wrote about him too, some takeaways from the article:
* Pellistri speaks English, Real & City also shown interest
* Plays on the right side of attack, but can also play on the left.
* Extremely quick. Two-footed. Loves to run at defenders.
* Needs to work on his shooting, considered far from a finished article.
* Pellistri has impressed with his speed, his through-balls, his aggressive pressing and fast recovery, and is considered calm under pressure.
* Delivered more crosses per game than any other player in Uruguay this season
* Spanish passport, so play anywhere across EU. Although that won't apply to England after Jan 1st, 2021.
SIGN HIM UP!

For 10m too?

Amazing deal. These are the types of signings that have seen huge success throughout the history of this club. We develop young players as well as any club in the world.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
That’s the first negative thing I noticed his finishing looks poor. Hes got a solid skill set to work with though

KW2006

I have a feeling he would be a Tosic/Ljajic type of signing. Hopefully not Obertan/Bellion.

Status
Not open for further replies.