Facundo Pellistri / SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
We are supposed to be one of the biggest clubs in the world, so this should be no problem for us. Getting rid of all the deadwood that we are overpaying would pay their wages.
But nobody wants to buy them or they won't leave because they are being paid so much so with a couple of days of the window open in would be a huge increase in wages

800k a week is around 200m in wages over 5 years... as I say I dont see us committing to that type of net spend in the current market

Giggsy13

If we sign this lad, I think he gets loaned back to his club or is brought in for the reserves.

Devil may care

For what equates to about £7M I see no issue with this deal, him, Chong and James can fight it out over the next 18 months.

None of them worked out. You are a glass is empty and smashed off the wall type of bloke arent you?
:lol:

Ed9

Crap
I don't get to see championship football, but to give some context, the two main teams (Nacional and Peñarol) win the league almost every year, however they fallen giants internationally, none of them (nor other Uruguayan team of course) have won anything outside of Uruguay (like libertadores or copa sudamericana) since 1988 when Nacional beat PSV in the club world cup. They were both pretty succesful before that.

As I said before there is a huge different in the physical and fitness side, that will be Facundo's first and main challenge. I don't think he will be able to play first team football before several months of bulking up and adapting his body.
Thanks. That doesn't sound too good. I was hoping he'd be a first team signing but this looks like he's gonna go straight to the reserves.

Hoof the ball

It's a no-lose scenario. Regardless of how inexperienced he might be, or how raw he currently is, the bar is set very low because all he has to do to justify a place in the squad is perform to the equal or James or greater. If he's truly talented, then he ought to be able to reach at least that standard.

Ed9

None of them worked out. You are a glass is empty and smashed off the wall type of bloke arent you?
To me he sounds like a glass overflowing for 2 hours under a tap. If 2 good signings are a bloke who was shit and a bloke we didn't sign it sounds very optimistic.

thomas porter

Sancho-Lite signing or just a punt on a young kid?
Punt on a youngster. I could see him going on loan in January as he has an EU passport and might not be eligible for a work permit. He hasn't been called up yet by Uruguay.

Siorac

Punt on a youngster. I could see him going on loan in January as he has an EU passport and might not be eligible for a work permit. He hasn't been called up yet by Uruguay.
If he has an EU passport, then he doesn't need a work permit as of current rules.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Straight onto the U-23 squad. If we were going to buy a prospect, I would rather have us look at Van Bergen; in fairness, I don't know much about Pellistri.

Siorac

That will all change with Brexit is my understanding.
Yeah but if he's already our player? Do you have to apply for a work permit for someone already at the club? I don't think so. We could never have renewed Anderson's :lol:

rotherham_red

We've not heard anything on this today after yesterday's flurry of reports. Anyone have any idea on what's happening?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We've not heard anything on this today after yesterday's flurry of reports. Anyone have any idea on what's happening?
He was having a medical in Uruguay before flying over to England and should arrive on Monday according to media outlets in Uruguay.

forevrared

This is going to be like when we missed out on Ronaldinho and signed a young Ronaldo instead. Sancho will end up fat, playing football on the beach and Pellistri is a locked on Ballon D'Or winner. Guaranteed.

Bondi77

This is going to be like when we missed out on Ronaldinho and signed a young Ronaldo instead. Sancho will end up fat, playing football on the beach and Pellistri is a locked on Ballon D'Or winner. Guaranteed.
I like your attitude,
I also would rather be an optimist and be wrong than a pessimist and be right as there is just no fun being the latter.:smirk:

SSSSnake

Not to judge too harshly on YouTube clips but the lad seems like an ok dribbler who falls over a lot.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Don't want us to just stick him straight in there when he's not ready for this level and feck-up his confidence like we have with Dan James.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Not to judge too harshly on YouTube clips but the lad seems like an ok dribbler who falls over a lot.
Honestly he reminded me of JSP, before we converted him into a more tactically pragmatic wide player.

RUCK4444

Another young kid who will be thrown onto the pitch and expected to outperform the rest of the league, then when his form drops he will be listed as 'crap' like Dan James has been by the all knowing caf pundits.

Sigh.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Another young kid who will be thrown onto the pitch and expected to outperform the rest of the league, then when his form drops he will be listed as 'crap' like Dan James has been by the all knowing caf pundits.

Sigh.
I think he'll be playing for the u23's for the majority of his first season here.
Would be very surprised to see him in the match-day squad.

RUCK4444

I think he'll be playing for the u23's for the majority of his first season here.
Would be very surprised to see him in the match-day squad.
Would be better for his integration over here thats for sure.

There’s a worry that we become some machine that chews up young talents and spits them out rather than nurturing them and growing their talents before we know they are ready for the first team, like we’ve always done.

Santos J

Is he on a flight?
Dunno about the flight but yes seemingly happening, according to Uruguayan media he's already had his medical. United have denied it though but presume it's because the clause hasn't been paid/deposited yet (according to Uruguayan media again).

Status
Not open for further replies.