Fans Singing Ole Songs

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Seen a few people moaning about this or calling it “cringe”.

Let’s get it straight, Ole Solskjaer is and always will be a Manchester United legend. Fans have sung his name for over 20 years and will continue to do so long into the future, just like they do with Cantona and many many others.

It didn’t work out for him as manager sadly, and I wanted him out as much as anyone, but that doesn’t stain his legacy with the club so STFU whining and join in the celebration and recognition of his playing career with us.

SER19

That song has been a staple for 2 decades. People are framing it how they want now, and they're boring

SuperiorXI

I hope his name rings around the stadium until the end of time, absolute legend at the club and anyone saying otherwise is simply clueless.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
If you're complaining about Ole songs, you're a grade A cnut. He is, and will always be, a legend.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Let’s get it straight, Ole Solskjaer is and always will be a Manchester United legend. Fans have sung his name for over 20 years and will continue to do so long into the future, just like they do with Cantona and many many others.

It didn’t work out for him as manager sadly, and I wanted him out as much as anyone, but that doesn’t stain his legacy with the club so STFU whining and join in the celebration and recognition of his playing career with us.
Thank you, great thread, personally thinks it more cringe online internet fans moaning about match going fans who have paid money, singing about a player that they respect and admire. But hey ho.

Yagami

Good post resistant
The Cantona Christmas chant has always been terrible, to be fair. At least Ole's is catchy.

RedDribble

Supports
Dortmund, Barcelona
Just because you broke with your girlfriend doesn't always mean you don't still love her.

People need to get a grip, true United fans (at least most of them) still love Ole and will always.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
It's disgusting. First there was his smiling, then there was his genuine attempt to heal a gaping, post-jose wound, and all after having a truly terrific career during which he sacrificed his short-term prospects to stay at the club and score our most memorable goal.

What a cnut he was.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Had a nice warm feeling when they started.. and not the alcohol or bladder control.

100+ goals including that one, and always put United first. Can’t wait until he comes back as a guest and gets a HUGE cheer.

edcunited1878

It's rare to see people at or below 25 to have decent context or perspective on things, hence why they don't know or won't believe that Ole has been and always will be a true club legend.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Admittedly, you can't help but join in when at the stadium, but I it's a bit bland!
You obviously don't get it. It's about getting loads of Cantonas for Christmas.

Now do you like it?

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
All the Ole songs are about his time here as a player, right? Nothing wrong about that.

IrishRedDevil

Not against fans signing the song, legend as a player of course, but singing it during the first game under Ralf, while the same team was playing so so much better after only 2 days with said new manager, did sound a bit silly.

Like the below average ex walking into the restaurant when you are on the first date with your new teen supermodel. Just feck off and give my head some peace, it’s been a rough 3 years, love.

Last edited:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Well said sir

MalaysianRed7

That’s exactly what I was thinking. He deserves his song to be sung as a massive club legend, even if he was a poor manager. What next, if Cantona comes back as manager and fails, stop singing for him?

And no, Joel, don’t even think about it.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Been loving the Ole and Carrick songs the last couple of games. Both won everything with the club, and deserve to be honoured with their songs.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah, I think I may have overstepped the mark!
You obviously don't get it. It's about getting loads of Cantonas for Christmas.

Now do you like it?
You know what, I've never looked at it from that pov. You've opened my eyes. Well, ears.
The repetitiveness is why I like it :) … all building up to 12 and a jump in volume.

Simple things please simple minds j guess?
Yeah, I totally get why most like it. I can't help but join in at the stadium, too. Plus it gets you in the Christmas spirit!

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Ralf said that Ole spent two hours on the phone with Rangnick to transfer any knowledge that could be useful for Rangnick, and was super kind and nice about it.

So that alone is why any real United fan will always and forever love Ole. He didn't work out as our manager, he had to go, but he will always be beloved in this club. And he is a great person.

Period.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I hate that we sing fondly of our legends!

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
His goal was probably one of the main reasons half these eejits decided to support the club

Frank Grimes

Don't think people are saying its cringe because we're singing about Ole. He will always be a utd player who evokes a wistfullness of better times.More the amount of songs about him. We get it you love Ole but stop with the overkill. Less is more.

jeff_goldblum

If you're sitting at home seething about match-going fans singing Ole's song, it's probably a sign you've strayed from supporting a football team and wanting them to do well into something a bit weirder.

johannes_fd

Ole songs has always been heard at OT and away games as long as ive gone to games. Usually in second half with all the songs of legends. Would be weird to stop singing it just cause he got canned. He gave us some good memories.