Fantasy Draft - Match 2: THE WHITE PELE vs STOBZILLA

Which fantasy draft team gets your vote for matchday 2?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
A Fantasy Football Draft has been going on in this thread for the past few months:https://www.redcafe.net/f7/fantasy-football-draft-316250/

The first Quarter Final was an emphatic victory for TEAM ROOD so get voting to see who they will face in the first semi-final ...

THE WHITE PELES

Casillas
Rafael--Gallas--Pique--Cole
Pirlo--Banega
Robinho--Sniejder--Malouda
Tevez

Subs: Lloris, Van Der Vaart, Van Persie

VS

FC STOBZILLA

Reina
Zanetti--Lucio--Samuel--Clichy
Gerrard--Essien--Fabregas
Robben--Lukaku--Ribery

Subs: Lopez, Anderson, Rossi​

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Difficult one really - cant decide myself

Stobzilla got an amazing midfield trio and dangerous wingers but very inexperienced striker and a weaker bench

Overall I reckon The White Pele has a stronger squad, although looks a bit weak in the central areas

SecondFig

Don't like Lucio and Samuel as a CB pairing personally, and Zanetti (legend though he is) is getting on a bit too. Great midfield in front of it mind, but think The White Pele is a more balanced team

B Cantona

Desperate
Even Pele should have gone with van persie for robinho and changed shape for me. Tight but gone with his side. Aging Samuel with error prone Clichy is asking for trouble

MalteseRedDevil

this could have been an easy win for stobzilla had he picked a better striker, or a more established one. Not gonna mention names but im sure there were still a few available.

I voted for his team anyway because I think it is the best team aside from the forward and since we are also voting for potential then i will assume that luakaku is the next drogba

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
coming up to half time and it is dead even at 12-12 !

this could one where the managers need to get involved and make the case for their teams to make the difference ...

Chapster

much as i like Rafael, I think the midfield strength and the width from ribery and robben would exploit rafael's defensive game.

Even I could score with the number of chances I think that midfield 3 and wide players would create

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I take peoples point about starting Lukaku. It may even be the case that I sub in for Rossi for the next game. Lukaku at only 17 though dominates defences and scored 19 goals in his debut season with 4 coming in Europe and has 16 already this season with the same amount in Europe.

Is Clichy considered error prone ?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I'd have Van Persie ahead of Robinho for sure. That midfield 3 is amazing so my vote goes to Stobzilla.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I take peoples point about starting Lukaku. It may even be the case that I sub in for Rossi for the next game. Lukaku at only 17 though dominates defences and scored 19 goals in his debut season with 4 coming in Europe and has 16 already this season with the same amount in Europe.

TBH I'd barely even heard of Lukaku before you picked him, but he does seem to have a great record for such a young kid.

You are just ahead at the moment but I reckon this one might go to extra time and penalties (I actually have no idea what we are going to do if it is a draw !)

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
If it ends up a draw then I will concede as I was shocking for about a month or so with internet access and what not and played a part in letting it get forgotten about.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
If it ends up a draw then I will concede as I was shocking for about a month or so with internet access and what not and played a part in letting it get forgotten about.
Well others were worse than you to be honest, in hindsight it was bad timing with the Xmas/NY period.
in fact one team (Fort Boyard) still has no subs bench at all and he hasnt been online in weeks from what I can tell so Im not sure what to do about that - can either give him some random players or does anyone out there want to get involved and take over his squad as Caretaker Manager ?!

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
If it ends up a draw you may find a refereeing decision goes awry and hands the game to one team or the other.

:angel:

The White Pele

I think my team is fairly solid and would be set up well to defend and hit on the counter. My wingers let me down really - Malouda seemed like a great choice at the time but has lost form considerably and Robinho, I've always been a huge fan, but he blows hot and cold.

Tevez will always get goals though and that could be enough if my team is resilient. If not I have good options on the bench to change shape and add firepower.

Stobz' midfield 3 is scary though :nervous:

The White Pele

Confident? :smirk:

Enigma_87

You know who
I vote for White Pele's. Feels more balanced although lighter in midfield.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Confident? :smirk:
If i were to be there. To be fair I mucked up massive style when picking a striker. Berbatov was going to be my pick all the way then I tarted up over new year and then someone got him for their bench. I panicked but was confident people knew more about Lukaku.

I won't begrudge a victory to your lads though. Good side there.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Right, one last push from me.

Reina is one of the best keepers in the world. I think better than Cassillas all round but then I would say that.

3/4's of my defence looked as convincing as you can get in winning the treble with Inter Milan last season. And look. Gael Clichy....

The midfield is well balanced with the attack threat and the steel of Essien. Lukaku may be the supposed weak link in the side but he is great and would prove to be amazing given the amount of chances this side would create.

I'm off for several j2o's (I've given up the drink although if I go out due to a muck up with the starting XI I might have to start back up again) Hoping I come back to victory. If not. Well played Pele :).

The White Pele

Whoa squeaky bum time. I reckon Reina/Clichy have got a mistake in them under this pressure.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
White Pele takes it for me, although not sure about his preferred XI

The White Pele

Yeah I don't know how I've turned this round to be honest. I must have got something like 9 of the last 10 votes

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Seems your appearance in the thread bought you a flurry of support! It was neck and neck all day - still time left for few more votes yet though

Stobz probably has the slightly better First XI but when it comes down to the subs as well it is dead even

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
We are moving into the last minutes of the game and it looks like Stobzilla's bold choice of throwing a 17 year old into the starting line up is going to cost his team a place in the semi finals of the inaugural Muppet Cup ...

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
I'm actually perhaps regretting voting against Stobzilla now...

Although he does have a 17 year old up front, he has two goalscoring wingers who like to cut inside, and a midfield three who can always chip in with goals. That midfield has a really good balance. I'd have started Lopez leading the line though.

Status
Not open for further replies.