Fantasy Draft - Semi final #2: KM vs. Fort Boyard

Which fantasy draft team will take semi-final #2?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
TEAM ROOD have already secured their place in the Muppet Cup Final - who will join them?

KM

Neuer
Sagna--Pepe--Chiellini--Evra
Song--Sahin
Mueller--Iniesta--Nasri
Drogba

Subs: Valdes, Fletcher, Aquilani

VS

FORT BOYARD

Hart
Maicon--Carvalho--Vidic--Marcelo
Mascherano
Xavi--Modric
Cassano
Pato--Ibrahimovich

Subs: Green, Pedro, Dempsey​

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
hmmm ... difficult one this

KM battled through the last round in the only match up that went to extra time, could be another close run ...

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Fort Boyard's midfield is great but no width. Defensively vulnerable down the flanks that Muller and Nasri will be able to exploit.

Very close. I'll go for Fort boyard.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Hmmm, tough one this.

I'd prefer KM's attack and FB's defence and I suspect FB might win the middle as well.

But - I'm still going to go against the early voting, and run with the intangible and unjustifiable vague idea that KM's are more likely to score.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Hmmm, tough one this.

I'd prefer KM's attack and FB's defence and I suspect FB might win the middle as well.

But - I'm still going to go against the early voting, and run with the intangible and unjustifiable vague idea that KM's are more likely to score.
Very similar thoughts to mine

FB back 4 is stronger, midfield pretty equal but I think that Drogba/Meuller/Nasri has more goals in them than Ibra/Pato/Cassano - diffficult call either way, hopefully the managers will come and argue their cases!

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
I like KM's team particularly on the flanks (FB in particular). Very well balanced and isn't littered with fading names (the exception being Drogba) like some players picked by others.

Forward looking line-up that in a year or two people may easily rank ahead of mine. I don't begrudge anyone voting for him to be honest. Even if I personally (as would be expected) think I edge it.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
FB's defense and midfield are absolutely brilliant IMO, although having two attack minded Fullbacks can hurt his defense sometimes. However I do feel his forward line is a bit inconsistent with erratic geniuses like Ibra and Cassano. Can see why people are voting for his team though.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
So much balance and so much quality in FB's midfield.

I'd have benched Cassano though, and played Pedro and Pato Flanking a central Ibra.

Stretch

FB's midfield might have strong names but as a combination they just don't do it for me. Modric is basically a lighter version of Xavi and Cassano's basically a third striker. His defense pips it though, just...

I like KM's team's balance. They can play wide or through the middle, something which FB lacks. Plus there's a balance between finesse and skill and then sheer brute force.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
I didn't view Cassano as one of his midfield, just saw him as another forward. Ah well.

Stretch

I'd have benched Cassano though, and played Pedro and Pato Flanking a central Ibra.
I don't see that. It seems a very one dimensional midfield to me. Make no mistake, great names in there but as a combination I don't think they have a variety to their game.

Compare that to the other mid of Song (destroyer), Sahin (sit deep and pull strings), Nasri, Mueller whom both can go wide or play centrally and Iniesta to make darting runs (dribbling) and short through balls.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
I was talking about Masch, Xavi and Modric as a midfield 3, which I think has fantastic balance. Mascherano in the destroyer role, Xavi lying deep, playmaking, and Modric with more license to roam forward and dictate play further up the field.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I like KM's team particularly on the flanks (FB in particular). Very well balanced and isn't littered with fading names (the exception being Drogba) like some players picked by others.

Forward looking line-up that in a year or two people may easily rank ahead of mine. I don't begrudge anyone voting for him to be honest. Even if I personally (as would be expected) think I edge it.
FB's defense and midfield are absolutely brilliant IMO, although having two attack minded Fullbacks can hurt his defense sometimes. However I do feel his forward line is a bit inconsistent with erratic geniuses like Ibra and Cassano. Can see why people are voting for his team though.
WTF is this? far too friendly - you should be slagging off each others teams to get the votes - there is a place in the final at stake here !

Close at the moment - FB just 3 votes ahead

The White Pele

I think if I were Fort Boyard I would drop Cassano for Pedro and go 4-3-3 (but what do I know, I got a pasting in my semi). Still edges it for me.

MalteseRedDevil

I think if I were Fort Boyard I would drop Cassano for Pedro and go 4-3-3 (but what do I know, I got a pasting in my semi). Still edges it for me.
This

i not going to vote and wait to see if FB introduces Pedro and plays 4 3 3.

I don't like the current system and I think they would be exposed at full back.

Enigma_87

You know who
Most difficult one. Well balanced teams with advantage here and there. I think FB just edges it.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism

I will be playing this if i make it to the next round, I wanted to do it for this one but wasn't given the opportunity to amend my team.

Although I'm unsure if Pato is suited to the flank and may put Cassano there.

K Stand Knut

This is a much, much closer call and I have gone for Boyard purely on the basis of the defence. I think his defence is much more solid as well as providing essential and quality width options with the full-backs.

I also think that there is more and better protection in front of the back 4 from Mascherano despite KM having two DMs. I think Cassano is the odd link and probably wouldn't have much impact on the game from there, although Modric and Xavi will provide more than enough quality possession and goalscoring opportunities.

Close call but FB for me

sajeev

pretty good match-up, I think FB's team has a little more to it at this point of time.

Excal

how does this work then?
There was a fantasy draft done a few months back by 8 posters. The rule was to select a starting XI and three subs, one keeper and two outfield players. You look at the teams posted above, and offer your opinion as to who would win, selecting that team in the poll.

The winner advances to the finals, where they will lose to Rood because the majority of United fandom still secretly creams themselves over Ronaldo.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Everybody says it's close but yet I'm losing by ten votes. cnuts.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
I will be playing this if i make it to the next round, I wanted to do it for this one but wasn't given the opportunity to amend my team.

Hasn't he played there often for Milan this season?

I thought they sometimes lined up with Robinho - Ibra - Pato as a forward 3?

May just be bullshitting though. He's good on the ball and has the dribbling ability and pace to beat defenders, so he certainly won't be wasted on the flank.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Eh? You were asking to repick all your subs the other day and now you say you want to put one in your First XI as he is better than the player you picked yourself - make your mind up :lol:

and it was clearly stated in the main thread that if anyone wanted to change their line up they should post it there so you obviously havent been paying attention!

Everybody says it's close but yet I'm losing by ten votes. cnuts.
Was only 3 votes in it when I last looked, you didnt argue your case strongly enough!

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Eh? You were asking to repick all your subs the other day and now you say you want to put one in your First XI as he is better than the player you picked yourself - make your mind up :lol:
:confused:

No I was planning on picking some width in the draft, Pedro would have been the obvious choice, people have been criticizing my width so it makes sense for me to change it in the future.

I don't see why you are getting on your high horse about all this?

'Better than the player I picked myself' sheeesh you make it sound like there were no tactics in picking, and I would never have picked someone of the quality of Pedro for my last picks.

You tried to give me Green, Adam and Dempsey :lol: based on fantasy football for the PL from this season and your wife (:confused:) very obviously a terrible solution for a fantasy football team of worldwide talent not based on current performance. don't pretend like you picked Pedro or something, one of the others made that obvious choice. Why for subs would I have picked two substitute average midfielders from Blackpool and Fulham when I have such a strong CM anyway.

I'm not even complaining, I just don't get why you are complaining about me trying to utilise the players I've been given to improve my tactics.

SirAF

Ageist
Difficult, but I'm going with with FB. We should do another round of this straight after the final, I want in !

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I'm not even complaining, I just don't get why you are complaining about me trying to utilise the players I've been given to improve my tactics.
I'm not complaining, even if you want to change it now I dont have a problem with it - just think it is amusing that one day you were bitching about the subs you were given after you failed to pick them yourself (lets not forget that you fecked off in the middle of the game and delayed the whole thing for everyone else), and now you say you would have picked Pedro but you werent given the chance.

BTW my wife picked Pedro for you so you should be thanking her - if i had my way then you would have a bench of Heskey, Bramble and Almunia :lol:

I don't see why you are getting on your high horse about all this?
PreFinal mind games - I learned it all from Fergie :D

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Difficult, but I'm going with with FB. We should do another round of this straight after the final, I want in !
I reckon the best time to do this kind of thing is in the summer - so would be worth having another go at the end of the season

Chrisjn

excuse me for asking, but what the feck is this thread all about?

Cal?

CR7 fan
Is there any point in this, we all know Rood will win the final by a landslide.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
FB but its very tight, the thought of Ibrahimovic was putting me off.

Stretch

I can't believe FB is running away this. That team is still to one dimensional for my liking. I think people are just looking at the 'names' and not who would actually win a football match based on different tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.