Fantasy Football 2017/18

AgentP

I forgot that I bought Morata at 10.2 and had made profit. Hoping Jesus can be the main man at City for at least 3-4 GW's.

I think a very smart move might be bring in Sterling if you want to take a punt, I think pep will line up with them two both as strikers
I'm pretty sure they are going to play Sterling and Sane on either side of Jesus in a 433.

SirMattBugsby

I brought in Sane and Sterling for Mkhi and Alli taking a 4-point hit. I'm pretty sure it won't work out so regretting it now! Should have just brought in one City player but couldn't choose which one.
Not a bad idea imo. You've ensured you'll be among City points irrespective of Pep's rotation. Give it 3 weeks!

ROFLUTION

Made my swap and ended up with this bad ass team:

Forster
Otamendi-Luiz-Cedric-Kolasinac
Alexis-Sterling-Davis
Jesus-Kane-Vardy

Subs: Elliot, LoftusCheek-Carrick-Mbemba

But somehow my team dropped in value from 101.9 to 101.2 in squad value - Is it just because FPL counts all the players values in total, and not the actually sell-value? (Half of the price a player has risen)

AgentP

Forster
Alexis-Sterling-Davis
Jesus-Kane-Vardy

But somehow my team dropped in value from 101.9 to 101.2 in squad value - Is it just because FPL counts all the players values in total, and not the actually sell-value? (Half of the price a player has risen)
That's a great team especially the defense. You have done well to stir clear of players from United and Liverpool who have tough fixtures coming up. Even Spurs have tough games but I can see why you stuck with Kane. He is almost undroppable nowadays.

ROFLUTION

That's a great team especially the defense. You have done well to stir clear of players from United and Liverpool who have tough fixtures coming up. Even Spurs have tough games but I can see why you stuck with Kane. He is almost undroppable nowadays.
Oh, I spent hours :lol: Yeah figured Kane would still average around 1 goal pr game over the next 5.

Bournmouth: 1-2 goals
Liverpool: 1 goal
United: 0 goals
Crystal Palace: 1-2 goals
Arsenal: 0-1 goal

Wanted to have more Chelsea but the players are not easy to be safe about. Southampton better start producing :D

AgentP

Oh, I spent hours :lol: Yeah figured Kane would still average around 1 goal pr game over the next 5.

Bournmouth: 1-2 goals
Liverpool: 1 goal
United: 0 goals
Crystal Palace: 1-2 goals
Arsenal: 0-1 goal

Wanted to have more Chelsea but the players are not easy to be safe about. Southampton better start producing :D
Yeah, that's a safe bet. Kane will probably get 5 goals just in the two games against Bournemouth and Crystal Palace! Good decision on Chelsea too. They have not yet settled on a fixed 11 and are getting injuries and suspensions frequently.

My team is crap now and I have already used up my wild card too :D.
Keeper - midtable shit
Defense - midtable shit
Midfield - Eriksen and 3 Man City players
Forward - Kane and Lukaku

SteveTheRed

Forster
Alexis-Sterling-Davis
Jesus-Kane-Vardy

Sanchez is a bold move, hope it works out for you! If it does you will rocket up the leagues as he is only owned by 2.6%

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Forster
Alexis-Sterling-Davis
Jesus-Kane-Vardy

Was going to hold my wildcard, but then saw yours and realised what I knew anyway really, that City coverage is essential this week!

Therefore, Firminho and Salah have gone to Sterling and Jesus. Also shipped Redmond to Richarlison. Simpson in for Dawson who hasn't had the goal threat I thought he might, and RLC to a 4.4m Palace mid.

Fairly happy.

De Gea, B Davies in defence . Simpson, Mee, Mpemba and a Bournemouth can rotate for 2 slots.
Eriksen, Sterling, Richarlison mid
3 big hitters up front

Happy so far, but will ponder late on the below potential switch

a) Richarlison + Simpson + De Gea
b) Doucoure + Jones + City's keeper

A is how it sits at the moment, B gives more defensive coverage, would lose De Gea's 0.1m rise, and Jones always feels a bit more injury risk. Richarlison is more attacking than Doucoure despite their similar points to date too, and might leave the mid too light, with 2xfiller.

Think i'll stick with A unless someone convinces me otherwise.

Last edited:

VivaJanuzaj

I think I'm pretty settled on a WC team:

Fabianski(Eliott)
Alonso, Kolasinac Davies(Ward, Dunk)
Sterling Hazard Brady Choupo-Mouting(Carrick)
Vardy Lukaku Jesus​

thoughts? Carrick as a bench warmer obviously
Really hard for me to pass on the option to invest less on defence and get Sanchez for Sterling, or even go Rashford-Sanchez for Sterling-Lukaku

James Peril

Fabianski(Eliott)
Vardy Lukaku Jesus​

Really hard for me to pass on the option to invest less on defence and get Sanchez for Sterling, or even go Rashford-Sanchez for Sterling-Lukaku
Hmm... midfielders traditionally gather the most points and yours are weak. Hazard obviously a top player, but Sterling is in and out of the team. Brady and Choupo-Mouting will not bring you much, and Carrick never plays.

VivaJanuzaj

Hmm... midfielders traditionally gather the most points and yours are weak. Hazard obviously a top player, but Sterling is in and out of the team. Brady and Choupo-Mouting will not bring you much, and Carrick never plays.
Traditions change, and so far defenders and forwards have been scoring high scores. I had a more balanced midfield before the WC but with United, Liverpool & Spurs difficult next 3-4 fixtures I prefer to invest in other team's, and in these value is bigger in defenders and forwards imo.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017

Fabianski(Eliott)
Vardy Lukaku Jesus​

Looks strong to me but a few comments...

I can see why you have picked Carrick as the bench fodder because he's now the cheapest midfielder in the game. My only concern with that would be is if United start very well, then you'd want 3 United players in, and Carrick wouldn't be one you'd want. Really like the look of your defence (exactly the same as mine). From what I've seen of Chupo Moting he is absolutely useless, but I guess he is playing up top so may get some tap ins like he did against us. Strikers also look good though I am not brave enough to go without Kane personally, would be tempted to bring in Spurs cover in midfield if no Kane, Eriksen or Alli though the latter hasn't been great this season but they're both guaranteed starts unlike Sterling. Looks good overall though.

SirMattBugsby

Fabianski(Eliott)
Vardy Lukaku Jesus​

Arsenal and Chelsea players are the ones I've found hard to add to my team (thinking of getting Holding and Fabregas :lol: ). You've quite possibly nailed it in that respect.

I also like how the 3-4-3 can become a 4-3-3 with Ward. Not sold yet on C-M but Stoke have good fixtures so it's a valid choice.

One thing though: do you plan to bring Aguero or Kane in the near future? Because you'll have to make adjustments to free up funds.

VivaJanuzaj

Looks strong to me but a few comments...

I can see why you have picked Carrick as the bench fodder because he's now the cheapest midfielder in the game. My only concern with that would be is if United start very well, then you'd want 3 United players in, and Carrick wouldn't be one you'd want. Really like the look of your defence (exactly the same as mine). From what I've seen of Chupo Moting he is absolutely useless, but I guess he is playing up top so may get some tap ins like he did against us. Strikers also look good though I am not brave enough to go without Kane personally, would be tempted to bring in Spurs cover in midfield if no Kane, Eriksen or Alli though the latter hasn't been great this season but they're both guaranteed starts unlike Sterling. Looks good overall though.
Cheers bro, to be fair my thoughts were to clear up funds by selling Davies to a cheap defender before Spurs' tough run, than I'll either upgrade Carrick to a decent 6ish midfielder of upgrade Sterling to a 9.5ish midfielder
But yeah it's a work in progress.. Jesus is rumoured to be rested for the Stoke match and if that's true I might need to swap it up a bit

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Cheers bro, to be fair my thoughts were to clear up funds by selling Davies to a cheap defender before Spurs' tough run, than I'll either upgrade Carrick to a decent 6ish midfielder of upgrade Sterling to a 9.5ish midfielder
But yeah it's a work in progress.. Jesus is rumoured to be rested for the Stoke match and if that's true I might need to swap it up a bit
Where did you read this?

coolredwine

lameredboots
Forster
Hegazi, Cedric, Monreal, Naughton
Sterling, Silva, Ramsey
Lacazette, Kane, Lukaku

Elliot, Gross, King, Mbemba.

Any feedback guys?

Already played the free transfer to bring in Sterling in place of Mkhi and benefit from the increase Sterling gets tonight.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wouldn't think so, with Aguero not ready yet. You cheeky scaremonger you!

Moonred

Forster
Hegazi, Cedric, Monreal, Naughton
Sterling, Silva, Ramsey
Lacazette, Kane, Lukaku

Elliot, Gross, King, Mbemba.

Any feedback guys?

Already played the free transfer to bring in Sterling in place of Mkhi and benefit from the increase Sterling gets tonight.
Get a city defender if possible.

SirMattBugsby

Where did you read this?
Wouldn't think so, with Aguero not ready yet. You cheeky scaremonger you!
It's as if Jesus is the one who had a car crash. People have really taken fear of Pep's rotation to insane levels.

Btw, how true was the report regarding Aguero's injury? I've never heard of broken ribs completely healing in two weeks.

VivaJanuzaj

lol didn't mean to start a riot. A friend of mine told me Pep said Jesus will return tomorrow jet-lagged and after two full games so he might need to let him rest.

This is how fake news start huh?

ROFLUTION

Was going to hold my wildcard, but then saw yours and realised what I knew anyway really, that City coverage is essential this week!

Therefore, Firminho and Salah have gone to Sterling and Jesus. Also shipped Redmond to Richarlison. Simpson in for Dawson who hasn't had the goal threat I thought he might, and RLC to a 4.4m Palace mid.

Think i'll stick with A unless someone convinces me otherwise.
Was considering Richarlison too, but he's got some tough fixtures. Went for Davis because of the same reason. The money are more well-spent on defence: Martina (5.0) from Soton, as he's got a great fixture list and according to stats are delivering quite a lot of crosses. At the moment there is a lack of quality options in midfield in the 5-7 mil range I think..

Also cashed in on Ben Davies. Don't know if thats a good idea - but the fixtures just seems a bit tough.

ROFLUTION

@ROFLUTION why not get Hazard instead of Alexis? Cheaper, not arriving from South America, better frame of mind, better team, better fixture..

Sanchez fan eh?
Nah, you're quite right.. Hazard looks the better option according to fixtures. - and is also just owned by 3.x%. Picking Sanchez was mostly because he was close to his old best against Brighton.

My toughest question if I take Hazard instead: Then where do I spend the remaining 1.4?

IrishRedDevil

Nah, you're quite right.. Hazard looks the better option according to fixtures. - and is also just owned by 3.x%. Picking Sanchez was mostly because he was close to his old best against Brighton.

My toughest question if I take Hazard instead: Then where do I spend the remaining 1.4?

Weak midfield expect for Hazard. Sterling may not play regularly as Aguero is back fit. Use the 1.4 to upgrade Davis and Sterling.

AgentP

IrishRedDevil

IrishRedDevil

:lol: sad isn't it. If you go onto "points" in the URL it should be something like fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/xxxxx/event
Cheers. Yeah it's the hours we spend making decisions and then changing our minds countless times :lol:

My score with no changes would be 360. Now I'm on 402, so an improvement at least.

SirMattBugsby

Well.. I could just sub in Aguero instead of Jesus
You could spend some to upgrade Davis. But if you feel he'll do well as your third mid, leave it as is. Don't spend money just because you have it (that actually applies to life as well).

Besides, the extra cash might help change forwards like you mentioned. I brought in Jesus and will keep him for this week. Let's see how bad Sergio's ribs really are and make a decision next week.

ROFLUTION

Went out and invested in Aguero - might just play a little tomorrow, but long term I wont have to sub him in and now I have 3-4 heavy hitters + a solid defence.

Except for Gross/Davis (who have good fixtures), the team now looks solid in almost every area.

Forster
Alonso-Stones-Luiz-Cedric-Otamendi
Hazard-Groß
Kane-Aguero-Vardy

Subs:
Elliott-Davis-Carrick-Loftus

SteveTheRed

Cheers. Yeah it's the hours we spend making decisions and then changing our minds countless times :lol:

My score with no changes would be 360. Now I'm on 402, so an improvement at least.
Yea at least it's an improvement, I think mine has been crap because of silly things like swapping keepers and the one on the bench saves a penalty, or constantly changing captaining.

I had to check it out after reading this http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2017/10/10/all-at-sea-the-ghost-ship-team-challenge/
Guy made a set and forget team to see how it would do and is currently 25k Overall Rank...disgusting.

devil in me

An absolute dilemma of a striker situation this week. Was set on Jesus, now that's out the window. How fit is Morata? With all the good strikers about this season I want to have 3 of the big boys but it's a nightmare atm.