Fantasy Football 2017/18

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Aguero captain working well!

Really need Kane to blank though, otherwise it means very little.

IrishRedDevil

Morata, Christensen and Otamendi out
Aguero, Shaw and Stones in

Essentially upgrading Morata, Christensen dropped as he is injured/being rotated too muchand Stones covers Otamendi/City

Thoughts please?

.................Adrian
... Kenny ... Shaw ... Stones
Lingard . Salah . Sterling . Mahrez
... Firmino ... Aguero ... Kane

Last edited:

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
The reign of terror that has been unleashed in here means the consolation for another City victory provided by captaining Aguero cannot be celebrated for fear of being branded.

klsv

Somehow managed to mix up captain and vice-captain spots between Aguero and Mahrez, feck me :lol: 50 points with Salah and Son to play...

devil in me

Same.

Anyone considering moving Kane out after the Southampton match for 2/3 games?

I'm pondering it. Could bring in any other striker and seriously beef up another position.
I'm pondering it, but its probably stupid. I took him out last week and he scored 2, he pretty much scores every week so its a big gamble!!

ROFLUTION

Same.

I'm pondering it. Could bring in any other striker and seriously beef up another position.
Just did it yesterday - Aguero in and then out again in 2-4 weeks depending on how they perform.. Almost sure Kane wont score more next week at least. We'll go defence on Spurs and have previously shut down Kane.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Just did it yesterday - Aguero in and then out again in 2-4 weeks depending on how they perform.. Almost sure Kane wont score more next week at least. We'll go defence on Spurs and have previously shut down Kane.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Jesus will be back by the time Spurs fixtures start to look good again and then Kane can come back in for Aguero as Pep starts titting about.

Added to which I've got my eye on gw28 as being a pain with several of the big clubs having blanks.

I'll wait for the cup matches first but Mahrez and Firmino in for Lingard and Kane looks enticing.

ROFLUTION

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Jesus will be back by the time Spurs fixtures start to look good again and then Kane can come back in for Aguero as Pep starts titting about.

Added to which I've got my eye on gw28 as being a pain with several of the big clubs having blanks.

I'll wait for the cup matches first but Mahrez and Firmino in for Lingard and Kane looks enticing.
Gotta do the little swaps. The devil is in the detail, now that every team more or less has Kane-Firmino, Salah, Sterling, Arnautovic, Lingard and Christensen, Otamendi + typically a west ham and a burnley dude.

Tempted on Mahrez too

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
After being super happy with my freshened up team, I'm thinking some tinkering could help again.

Not sure on Pogba because of his inconsistency. I can bring Arnautavic in for a mil less, meaning I can upgrade to a defender (Alonso or Azp), or bring Mahrez in and downgrade Otamendi to Bellerin, Monreal, or Maguire

Ady87

Lads, help, 40k OR and not made a transfer in 3 weeks! WC team though but I can’t think of a team with many changes that still let’s me keep Kane, Kun, Firmino, Sterling and Salah?

Current team:

Foster (Elliot)
Christ Bellerin Kenny (Zanka Mbemba)
Salah Sterling Lingard Richarlison (Carroll)
Kane Aguero Firmino

I need to get rid of Christ, Kenny, Zanka, Richarlison, Elliot but there isn’t much to swap for because I don’t have funds for upgrades unless I drop a big hitter.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Same.

The problem with that is that you won't be able to bring him back in. :/

One idea to swap Kane with Aguero, and use the remaining funds to strengthen up the midfield. Maybe with Hazard? Although he can still play his disappearing act to perfection.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Lads, help, 40k OR and not made a transfer in 3 weeks! WC team though but I can’t think of a team with many changes that still let’s me keep Kane, Kun, Firmino, Sterling and Salah?

Current team:

Foster (Elliot)
Christ Bellerin Kenny (Zanka Mbemba)
Salah Sterling Lingard Richarlison (Carroll)
Kane Aguero Firmino

I need to get rid of Christ, Kenny, Zanka, Richarlison, Elliot but there isn’t much to swap for because I don’t have funds for upgrades unless I drop a big hitter.
The big hitter strikers are only hitting as many as the less costly big hitter midfielders anyway. Seems too much to have Kane and Ageuro for me, even though it's more fun.

coolredwine

lameredboots
After being super happy with my freshened up team, I'm thinking some tinkering could help again.

Not sure on Pogba because of his inconsistency. I can bring Arnautavic in for a mil less, meaning I can upgrade to a defender (Alonso or Azp), or bring Mahrez in and downgrade Otamendi to Bellerin, Monreal, or Maguire
Downgrade Otamendi to Stones and that frees up even more funds.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
The problem with that is that you won't be able to bring him back in. :/

One idea to swap Kane with Aguero, and use the remaining funds to strengthen up the midfield. Maybe with Hazard? Although he can still play his disappearing act to perfection.
Sure I can. Admittedly I'd lose £0.3m on it but I'm genuinely looking at ditching him for the next 3 games and then swapping him back in for Aguero.

It would solve my DCL problem at the same time.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Sure I can. Admittedly I'd lose £0.3m on it but I'm genuinely looking at ditching him for the next 3 games and then swapping him back in for Aguero.

It would solve my DCL problem at the same time.
Well, if you are okay with that, then surem it can be worth it to take him out and bring him back in.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Kane is immune to fixtures though. He can score or blank regardless of the opposition. I'm going to just leave him in.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sharp guy at work who often wins our league put Aguero in instead of Kane this week.
Looked an odd one, but hatrrick v one goal, then you check Kane's next 2 games, and it looks genius!

On tonight, i'm glad Firmino and their defenders basically got no points, as feared a haul! Excellent.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Used wildcards to freshen up two of my FPL squads earlier tonight and signed Sanchez whilst he's still classed as an Arsenal player, so i'll have De Gea, Pogba, Sanchez and Lukaku in my squad for the Tottenham match, will the FPL try and say i've got too many United players and will have to sell one, or will they just except i've been a tad sneaky ??

VivaJanuzaj

Used wildcards to freshen up two of my FPL squads earlier tonight and signed Sanchez whilst he's still classed as an Arsenal player, so i'll have De Gea, Pogba, Sanchez and Lukaku in my squad for the Tottenham match, will the FPL try and say i've got too many United players and will have to sell one, or will they just except i've been a tad sneaky ??
You won't be able to make another transfer before you sell one of these 4 but I think for the rest of it that was a smart idea

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Tempted to bring in Sanchez, but will have to downgrade DDG, Azpi and a few others to do so... Not sure if worth it, when, Pog is much cheaper alternative.

Arnautovic injured so going to have to get rid of him.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Tempted to bring in Sanchez, but will have to downgrade DDG, Azpi and a few others to do so... Not sure if worth it, when, Pog is much cheaper alternative.

Arnautovic injured so going to have to get rid of him.
As nice as it'd be to have him, just doesn't seem worth it with his price. DDG and Azpi could end up with a similar points haul from now til the end. Then again he did look pretty up for it and should only get sharper. My team is really balanced now though and it'd take ripping it apart or Kane out to make it work.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
De Gea or Elliot this week? Elliot seems the sensible choice. Then again I could see something like De Gea saving pen.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
You won't be able to make another transfer before you sell one of these 4 but I think for the rest of it that was a smart idea
If I tried to make another transfer whilst my wildcard is still active this gameweek they'd probably flag it up now, but i'm not sure what they(FPL) could do if I don't.

Just noticed i've got Fosu-Mensah as well, if he were to return from his loan at Palace this month i'd have 5 United players :lol:

Last edited:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
If I tried to make another transfer whilst my wildcard is still active this gameweek they'd probably flag it up now, but i'm not sure what they(FPL) could do if I don't.
You can keep that team for the rest of the season if you want to but your next transfer (whenever that is) has to be a United player out. You'll get the text "More than 3 players selected from Man Utd." and won't be able to confirm other transfers until you remove one.