Fantasy Football Draft 2017/18

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
So on the Fantasy Premier League website they introduced a new game, the draft.

In basic terms each player can only be picked once and the draft order (order of who picks) is decided randomly. Trades are done but only with free agents, players who haven't been signed up by other clubs and different teams have priority in the waiver wire.

Full rules can be found here: https://www.premierleague.com/news/427772

There are two issues, the first is that the nature of the game means 8 players is the ideal number so spaces will be limited, and the other issue is that we need to be online to pick our players when the draft starts. The draft date and time needs to be set up when the league is set up so for simplicity sake once 8 players have signed up here we can discuss the best time and date for the draft.

If we reach major consensus on the time and date and you cant make it then there is the option to select players beforehand that will be picked if available when your turn comes.

So, with me playing and creating I need 7 more players, who's in?

League 1 - EBdB BnB

Schmiznurf - The Vinegar Strokes
DanNistelrooy
P-nut - Peanuts Princesses
Vidyoyo - Ménage à Courtois
Skizzo - FC Pretenders
Paz
JuanMata - Cash Me Outside
coolredwine - PogRom
SteveTheRed - Neville Wears Prada

League 2 - Taco Corp

VivaJanuzaj
christy87
GledTheRed
Dazzmondo
oneniltothearsenal
shez
willhse456
Anant

Thunderhead

League 1 now full, if any more want to play and you get enough then you can make your own league and i'll post your details here as League 2.

Last edited:

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
I'm keen but on holiday for the next 2 weeks. Would we open the draft closer to the starting weekend to factor in transfers etc?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I'd like to play. I made a thread about it in the newbies but nobody visits that forum.

I'm sure if enough people want to get involved then we can have multiple 8-man leagues. Somebody will obviously have to make them, but maybe the OP can be used to list all the details.

Schmiznurf

I'd like to play. I made a thread about it in the newbies but nobody visits that forum.

I'm sure if enough people want to get involved then we can have multiple 8-man leagues. Somebody will obviously have to make them, but maybe the OP can be used to list all the details.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking could happen if there were enough interested.

Member 5225

So on the Fantasy Premier League website they introduced a new game, the draft.

In basic terms each player can only be picked once and the draft order (order of who picks) is decided randomly. Trades are done but only with free agents, players who haven't been signed up by other clubs and different teams have priority in the waiver wire.

Full rules can be found here: https://www.premierleague.com/news/427772

There are two issues, the first is that the nature of the game means 8 players is the ideal number so spaces will be limited, and the other issue is that we need to be online to pick our players when the draft starts. The draft date and time needs to be set up when the league is set up so for simplicity sake once 8 players have signed up here we can discuss the best time and date for the draft.

If we reach major consensus on the time and date and you cant make it then there is the option to select players beforehand that will be picked if available when your turn comes.

So, with me playing and creating I need 7 more players, who's in?

League 1 - EBDB

Schmiznurf
DanNistelrooy
P-nut
Vidyoyo
Skizzo
I'll join

Schmiznurf

Currently i'm thinking of August 5th or 6th, Saturday and Sunday before the Friday deadline, between 12pm and 5pm British time for the draft.

Schmiznurf

Is there still room?
If enough people want to do it to fill a second league then one of that group can make a new one, if not and only you and 1 other person show interest you can join league 1 instead. There're still just under 3 weeks until the final day to have it submitted in time for the season so we'll see how numbers go until then.

As it stands we won't be starting the league 1 draft process yet so if the numbers don't look good for a second there's still time to jump in league 1, the league will be made once we agree on a day and time.

Schmiznurf

In case anyone is curious about the name I put for League 1 it means Eskimo Brother DataBase Bed and Breakfast, it's from The League, a really funny comedy about a group of friends who do a football draft.

Skizzo

Schmiznurf

That would be like 4am to 9am here and I'm up at 330am for work, so I probably wouldn't be able to make that timeframe work. At least not being around the whole time depending on how much participation it needs at any one time.
What times are ideal for you including the weekdays after?

@P-Nut0712 @coolredwine If we did it on Monday 7th instead what times could you do it?

I'm back from holiday on that Saturday night so not great for me. The Sunday evening or any time in the week building up works though
Ok, Maybe the Monday then, what times could you do then?
I'm in Toronto (UK time minus 5 hours), can be pretty flexible, evenings after work best.
Also, I am guessing we don't all have to be sitting logged into a computer at the same time, surely a pick and it moves on....and pick and moves on again to next person etc etc?
From the looks of it it is best for everyone to be online at the same time to make sure you get your picks, or you can create a wishlist that will pick for you if you can't be online.

Skizzo

What times are ideal for you including the weekdays after?

@P-Nut0712 @coolredwine If we did it on Monday 7th instead what times could you do it?

Ok, Maybe the Monday then, what times could you do then?

From the looks of it it is best for everyone to be online at the same time to make sure you get your picks, or you can create a wishlist that will pick for you if you can't be online.
Monday I can pretty much do any time

DanNistelrooy

How long do the drafts take? I am back in work on Monday but likely working from home so could find some time

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I thought I read something about it taking around an hour or so. The quicker people pick the quicker it'll be really won't it.

DanNistelrooy

In that case I should be free for most of that Monday. I usually play football which kicks off at 6.15 but can work around that

VivaJanuzaj

If enough people want to do it to fill a second league then one of that group can make a new one, if not and only you and 1 other person show interest you can join league 1 instead. There're still just under 3 weeks until the final day to have it submitted in time for the season so we'll see how numbers go until then.

As it stands we won't be starting the league 1 draft process yet so if the numbers don't look good for a second there's still time to jump in league 1, the league will be made once we agree on a day and time.
Cool let me know